Pre-Match Manly v Roosters Round 22 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
http://www.nrl.com/walker-laughs-off-embarrassing-foot-injury/tabid/10874/newsid/110598/default.aspx

Amid the carnage of Manly's huge 40-6 loss to the Storm at AAMI Park last week was a concerning foot injury to electric centre Dylan Walker but despite sporting a moon boot at a Manly media session on Tuesday, Walker says he is good to go.

The 22-year-old has had a resurgent season for the Sea Eagles back at his preferred right centre position but was forced from the field in the 58th minute against the Storm last week.

Walker insisted it was just bruising from being stepped on during the match and was in no doubt to face the Roosters back at Lottoland this Sunday.

"I got stood on during the week in last Sunday's game and it was a bit sore to run on so they had to make a call pretty quickly [whether to leave me on or take me off]," Walker said.

"It's just bone bruising, I got the scans done [on Monday] and it was just swelling and bruising. I was pretty embarrassed coming off like that but it will be all right."

http://www.nrl.com/walker-laughs-off-embarrassing-foot-injury/tabid/10874/newsid/110598/default.aspx

Amid the carnage of Manly's huge 40-6 loss to the Storm at AAMI Park last week was a concerning foot injury to electric centre Dylan Walker but despite sporting a moon boot at a Manly media session on Tuesday, Walker says he is good to go.

The 22-year-old has had a resurgent season for the Sea Eagles back at his preferred right centre position but was forced from the field in the 58th minute against the Storm last week.

Walker insisted it was just bruising from being stepped on during the match and was in no doubt to face the Roosters back at Lottoland this Sunday.

"I got stood on during the week in last Sunday's game and it was a bit sore to run on so they had to make a call pretty quickly [whether to leave me on or take me off]," Walker said.

"It's just bone bruising, I got the scans done [on Monday] and it was just swelling and bruising. I was pretty embarrassed coming off like that but it will be all right."
Not as embarrassing as his hand injury last year, of which occurred after punching a door.. :giggle:

Andrew Voss....

What’s happened to Manly?

More to the point, what’s happened to their defence?

Trent Barrett must be shattered at his team conceding 16 tries and 92 points in the past two matches.

As a result, their points differential (+23) has also taken a hit, leaving them with an inferior tally to that of the three sides directly below them who remain a chance of finals football; the Dragons, Panthers and Raiders.

For mine, there isn’t a side under more pressure this weekend, and a Lottoland showdown with the Roosters on Sunday is going to be some challenge. Fact is if they lose, they are a good chance of finishing round 22 out of the top eight!

Andrew Voss....

What’s happened to Manly?

More to the point, what’s happened to their defence?

Trent Barrett must be shattered at his team conceding 16 tries and 92 points in the past two matches.

As a result, their points differential (+23) has also taken a hit, leaving them with an inferior tally to that of the three sides directly below them who remain a chance of finals football; the Dragons, Panthers and Raiders.

For mine, there isn’t a side under more pressure this weekend, and a Lottoland showdown with the Roosters on Sunday is going to be some challenge. Fact is if they lose, they are a good chance of finishing round 22 out of the top eight!

He's right, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out.

He's right, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out.
Not going to happen I reckon we are specials, provided Trent can see what is as glaringly obvious as Walker in the six was last year. Lewis Brown cannot under any circumstances be allowed to defend an edge. If he does we'll be watching Tupou or Ferguson running down the touch line as the Chook centres set up their wingers running through the holes Lewis opens up for them. I have faith though that Trent has seen the light somewhat as good old Lewis has been named on the bench. Trent wants to win and hopefully the defence summit began with the entire squad forced to witness the diabolical effort that right side of the field threw up on Sunday.

We've won three straight at brookie, losing three straight away games.

Technically we've won 4 straight home games (one in Perth)

Looks like Jake Friend will play according to 7 news. Just awaiting final clearance from the surgeon tomorrow.
Good, means there's one less excuse for roosters fans to complain about should we turn around and win

Given last weeks (and the week before) performances, and given some 'out of the box' thinking by a couple of passionate posters here (@brad and @Harry Smith), the team I would have been most happy with this week would have looked like.....

tough times need some tough measures, just putting it out there as an alternative

1.Jackson Hastings
2.Brad Parker
3.Dylan Walker
4.Tom Trbojevic
5.Akuila Uate
6.Blake Green
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Darcy Lussick
9.Apisai Koroisau
10.Martin Taupau
11. Brenton Lawrence
12.Frank Winterstein
13.Jake Trbojevic

Jarrad Kennedy
15. Brian Kelly
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Lloyd Perrett

Jonathan Wright
19. Cameron Cullen
20. Wright
21. Brown

God, our secondrowers stick out like a sore thumb. My eyes are automatically directed to our biggest hole/weakness. I wonder if they'll crack over 70m combined this week? We have let Tafua go. He would be better in the second row than Winterstein/Lane.

Don't worry Horo will be back in 2018 to save the day.

They tried thard to get him back this year.

Zero Tackle ...

Manly will be hoping they can put a terrible fortnight behind them and recoup against a Roosters side pushing for top spot.

Addin Fonua-Blake misses the game due to suspension with Lloyd Perrett coming into the side for him as the Sea Eagles try to avoid slipping out of the top eight with just over a month to the finals.

The Roosters can also ill-afford to drop this game with the Sharks circling for second position on the ladder. With a game against the Storm looming next week, the tricolours could also experience a slide of their own beginning at Lottoland this Sunday.

Trent Barrett’s men need to get back to what has worked for them all season by using their forwards to get the ball to their speedy outside men in Dylan Walker and Akuila Uate who’ve combined for 23 tries in 2017.

The Roosters head in with an unchanged 17 as they seek to keep their minor premiership hopes alive.

The Sea Eagles boast a less than impressive 5-5 record at home in 2017 and will start as outsiders with the bookies in a game that is poised to give the top eight a shake up, one way or another.

Roosters by 4.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/f562a6c4b6ed5b229ec045106bb6e571

MARTY TAUPAU PULLS NO PUNCHES

By: Dean Ritchie

AFTER two embarrassing defeats, big Marty Taupau wasn’t in any mood to mince words yesterday.

“We have conceded a ****load of points in the last two weeks,” he admitted.

“There are no excuses, we definitely need to turn our **** around.”

And with that, Taupau set himself for a blockbusting game for Manly against the Sydney Roosters at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles have conceded a horrid 92 points in their past two games against St George Illawarra and Melbourne Storm.

It has been shocking.

And the Roosters — through their two firebrand props Dylan Napa and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves — will be ready to heap more misery on their rivals.

“Sunday afternoon, the best setting, best time of the day, at home, we really need to turn it on — to show what we’re made of,” Taupau said.

“It’s going to be a massive assignment for us to attack them, try to knock their doors down and run through the middle.

“Dylan is a very aggressive player. He is one of the star forwards in their team. Everyone rides on the back of him and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

“It all starts up front. If we can’t get anything rolling, the rest of our team can’t run off the back of that. We definitely have to set the platform.

“Jared has been playing really, really well over the past month or so. Napa as well. He was picked for Origin. That defines the player he is. We are well aware of that.”

Taupau said he was dissatisfied with his own performances over the past two matches — and wants to get back to his feisty best on Sunday.

“I haven’t been happy in the last two games,” he said. “Overall, my form has been okay, to be honest.

“I’m a really harsh critic. We have five more weeks to go so I definitely have to pick up my act personally and try and help turn this around for us.

“The elephant in the room has been our defence. That is the main thing we need to approach.

“We have conceded a ****load of points in the last two weeks. That is our main priority at the moment. Look, we’ll turn it around.

“There are a lot of people coming out and saying if we lose this game — and if other teams get up — then we’ll be out of the top eight. It is cliched but we need to take it well by week. The Roosters first.”

Taupau admitted he used to pick targets — but not so much anymore.

“Individually, in the past I have taken that upon myself,” he said.

“But in this modern day era, you can’t really do it on your own.

“You have to work with your team-mates. With me and (Manly prop) Brenton Lawrence, I think we compliment each other’s skills.

“We have been doing really, really well. I guess we’ll do that again this weekend and try and fire back. For me now, it’s all about being consistent with a much calmer approach.

Personally, I just want to be the best forward on the paddock. If anything else comes of it, I’ll take it on board. I just want to be the best player and person to myself.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/f562a6c4b6ed5b229ec045106bb6e571

MARTY TAUPAU PULLS NO PUNCHES

By: Dean Ritchie

AFTER two embarrassing defeats, big Marty Taupau wasn’t in any mood to mince words yesterday.

“We have conceded a ****load of points in the last two weeks,” he admitted.

“There are no excuses, we definitely need to turn our **** around.”

And with that, Taupau set himself for a blockbusting game for Manly against the Sydney Roosters at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles have conceded a horrid 92 points in their past two games against St George Illawarra and Melbourne Storm.

It has been shocking.

And the Roosters — through their two firebrand props Dylan Napa and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves — will be ready to heap more misery on their rivals.

“Sunday afternoon, the best setting, best time of the day, at home, we really need to turn it on — to show what we’re made of,” Taupau said.

“It’s going to be a massive assignment for us to attack them, try to knock their doors down and run through the middle.

“Dylan is a very aggressive player. He is one of the star forwards in their team. Everyone rides on the back of him and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

“It all starts up front. If we can’t get anything rolling, the rest of our team can’t run off the back of that. We definitely have to set the platform.

“Jared has been playing really, really well over the past month or so. Napa as well. He was picked for Origin. That defines the player he is. We are well aware of that.”

Taupau said he was dissatisfied with his own performances over the past two matches — and wants to get back to his feisty best on Sunday.

“I haven’t been happy in the last two games,” he said. “Overall, my form has been okay, to be honest.

“I’m a really harsh critic. We have five more weeks to go so I definitely have to pick up my act personally and try and help turn this around for us.

“The elephant in the room has been our defence. That is the main thing we need to approach.

“We have conceded a ****load of points in the last two weeks. That is our main priority at the moment. Look, we’ll turn it around.

“There are a lot of people coming out and saying if we lose this game — and if other teams get up — then we’ll be out of the top eight. It is cliched but we need to take it well by week. The Roosters first.”

Taupau admitted he used to pick targets — but not so much anymore.

“Individually, in the past I have taken that upon myself,” he said.

“But in this modern day era, you can’t really do it on your own.

“You have to work with your team-mates. With me and (Manly prop) Brenton Lawrence, I think we compliment each other’s skills.

“We have been doing really, really well. I guess we’ll do that again this weekend and try and fire back. For me now, it’s all about being consistent with a much calmer approach.

Personally, I just want to be the best forward on the paddock. If anything else comes of it, I’ll take it on board. I just want to be the best player and person to myself.”
Marty has to have the support and contribution from his other team mates . He cant do it on his own .
Some players are playing like they are in their comfort zone knowing that Trent will not make changes .
IMO Changes change everything
images.png

Given last weeks (and the week before) performances, and given some 'out of the box' thinking by a couple of passionate posters here (@brad and @Harry Smith), the team I would have been most happy with this week would have looked like.....

tough times need some tough measures, just putting it out there as an alternative

1.Jackson Hastings
2.Brad Parker
3.Dylan Walker
4.Tom Trbojevic
5.Akuila Uate
6.Blake Green
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Darcy Lussick
9.Apisai Koroisau
10.Martin Taupau
11. Brenton Lawrence
12.Frank Winterstein
13.Jake Trbojevic

Jarrad Kennedy
15. Brian Kelly
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Lloyd Perrett

Jonathan Wright
19. Cameron Cullen
20. Wright
21. Brown

Even if some of those changes could prove to be inspired, making them all at once would be a disaster.

The only thing I can find to like about our situation at the moment is that all media is focusing on what on earth has happened to Manly and highlighting the lousy defence. Hoping the players read this stuff and realize that everyone knows they are capable of so much more.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Matthew Wright
3.Dylan Walker
4.Brian Kelly
5.Akuila Uate
6.Blake Green
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Brenton Lawrence
9.Apisai Koroisau
10.Martin Taupau
11.Frank Winterstein
12.Shaun Lane
13.Jake Trbojevic

Lewis Brown
15. Brad Parker
16.Darcy Lussick
17. Lloyd Perrett

Jarrad Kennedy
19. Cameron Cullen
20. Jonathan Wright
21. Kelepi Tanginoa
Tanginoa in for Parker and all I can smell is a home victory.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11