PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Sharks v Manly [Round 10, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gummies at home will be too strong especially if their 2 props play. We lack guile and speed without DCE and Turbo plus I fear we're playing too many injured players who need a rest. Would be better to sacrifice this week and give all the injured guys another week to recover.
Gummies x 8
Who was the ironstine who gave this post a dislike? Come on, put ya hand up.

Last week our gallant team that was further disrupted with more injuries during the match put up a good fight . 2 of the donkeys tries came from kicks and we also were unlucky to have a disallowed try as the pass from Elgy looked good
We have a few players coming back and we will be back to winning again

Too soon for the nickname The Pus?
Yeah
He'll come good under Dessie.
Takes time for players to settle in to a whole new environment...
Mr Plod 2.0 he killed us against the donkeys. Its like he had money on them multiple dropped balls and missed tackles plus a penalty for good measure. His miss on Milford try was park footy stuff. The pus is a good one though haha

Mr Plod 2.0 he killed us against the donkeys. Its like he had money on them multiple dropped balls and missed tackles plus a penalty for good measure. His miss on Milford try was park footy stuff. The pus is a good one though haha
Hopefully it’s match fitness that he desperately needs, but in the meantime I’m sticking with @Ryan s Magic Pudding moniker.

I don't think Cust would have saved us. The issue was injuries. We were going along quite nicely but with all our troops going down in battle, we ended up losing touch with the middle third of the field. When your interchange is a mess and you have forwards playing in the backs, there is no one left with the energy to hold the middle. Basically, they ground us down until we had nothing left in the tank and scored a few tries at the back end of game against tired bodies.

Nailed it.

The only thing I really do worry about for this weeks game is whether or not AFB and Croker are being rushed back too soon. Of course, I'm no medico and I am not there to see their progress first hand so Des and co. will know a hell of a lot more about it than I would.

We shouldn't take the Sharks lightly though. Like us they have had more injuries than you can poke a stick at so far this season, but also like us they have pulled off some good wins, including against Melbourne just two weeks ago. The Sharks at home, whatever its called this week, are never easy.

I think we can win this, especially with AFB, Croker and Dylan Walker back in the side. And I'm kinda excited to see how the Walker-Garrick right edge works as both have good pace and we know Walker can definitely set up his winger.

Boyle?
What am I missing here?

Looks like a modern Ian Roberts with the semi retro jersey and very similar build/frame/height thingy going on..
I saw flash resemblances in the last couple of games.. BUT hope he can start to emulate more on the field than big Robbo’s appearance!

According to earlier reports Boyle signed with us after returning to 2019 from a season ending injury with the Titans.
I find his selection peculiar in the sense that he trained with the Titans up until feb or March. Therefore hasn’t had time to learn the plays and gel with his new teammates.
My best guess is despite not training the full off season with manly, his injury management must have been way less restricted and far more advanced than Paseka and Tangles timelines. Conditioning is key for these big men in the middle when deciding the bench rotation. I think Boyle, Paseka and Tangles deserve time to build up some fitness and cohesion with the rest of the squad but I hope they cause selections headaches by producing good form rather than being the ‘least injured’

Paseka in particular- I hope he can realise how much of a beast he could be if he channelled some of Marty and AFB’s aggression. I’m really invested in seeing him become a rampaging starting prop for Manly eventually..

Paseka has really been hampered by injury issues this season but think that he can really make his presence felt and when fully fit if some of his performances in i st grade is any indication from last season . Just has so many good attributed including a handy off load. Boyle probably just needs a bit more match fitness and aggression , really should be able to hold his own in the middle with his size and reasonable mobility .

Paseka has really been hampered by injury issues this season but think that he can really make his presence felt and when fully fit if some of his performances in i st grade is any indication from last season . Just has so many good attributed including a handy off load. Boyle probably just needs a bit more match fitness and aggression , really should be able to hold his own in the middle with his size and reasonable mobility .
Boyle is an interesting one. He has basically flown into first grade at Manly. I hope he gets much better ( sooner rather than later)

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
He's literally a slow boil but has the size we need :nod:

Disappointed in Kelepi and Paseka.
Their lack of mongrel is well hidden behind 120kg of muscle :(
I think Paseka can come good. I thought he did quite well last season for a young rookie in a demanding position. However, I don't really rate Tanginoa. I think his game lacks tempo, subtlety, enterprise and the engine is questionable. He literally runs hard and that is it. If he ran hard for lots of metres and took more hit ups, I could live with it, but he doesn't. We are lucky to get 3-4 hit ups out of him. There are no off-loads, no ball playing option to keep defenders honest and sometimes against quality opposition, running full tilt means the defence is on to you quicker and you are a sitting duck. No one is going to pass or step when they are running 100 miles an hour so the defence just line him up.

Sharks will run a lot of traffic at walker, test out his match fitness and possible lack of combonations with his winger and inside defender.

Hopefully he has something to draw on when it gets tuff.

Going to be a tough encounter at Shark Park.
They have a strong team, was thinking Fifita would be out 3-4 weeks initially...
Their reserve forward is similar in every aspect of Fifita, without the experience so is good for a mistake, but a powerhouse young bull.
Townsend is near the most improved player in the Comp and young Xerri despite clumsy mits, is growing into a dangerous player out wide.
The Manly halves need to really step up this week, as an unstructured team against Sharks will be dragged into the wrestle and generally strangled to breaking point.

Going to be a tough encounter at Shark Park.
They have a strong team, was thinking Fifita would be out 3-4 weeks initially...
Their reserve forward is similar in every aspect of Fifita, without the experience so is good for a mistake, but a powerhouse young bull.
Townsend is near the most improved player in the Comp and young Xerri despite clumsy mits, is growing into a dangerous player out wide.
The Manly halves need to really step up this week, as an unstructured team against Sharks will be dragged into the wrestle and generally strangled to breaking point.
Didn't Fifita go off really early last week with the hammy??? If it was that bad he couldn't carry on I cannot believe he'll be playing this week. #fingers crossed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8