PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Raiders v Manly [Round 6, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given the team selections I sadly think there is a good chance the Raiders might smash us . Gee I hope not, but our performances in the last two weeks have been worrying. Attack confused . Kicking ordinary. And Funa on the wing. Oh dear.
Raiders must be salivating about Funa.
The one thing about a loss is it might encourage the ultra conservative Des to give Shuster a chance next week, which might give our predictable dull attack the creativity it needs. So a loss could be a win.
But a win would be nice against the odds.

Can 't afford to give too much of a start for the Raiders with their good defensive rating but taking into account the adversity and nature of Manly 's brave effort and win against them at last season 's end , should give them a lot of confidence . Think that Elliot and Jet Ski played big minutes in the centres in that game and did O K so not too concerned with Elliot and Parker there . Side just needs to muscle up , hang in the and make the most of their opportunities . Definitely need a top game from D C E and especially kicking game in this one though .

I must say I’m not buying into this narrative that because we’re light on troops they are going to smash us. I’m not saying we’ll win. In round 7 last year we came back from behind to beat them. They had their best team on the park and we were without Turbo, Chez and AFB.

I'm expecting Lachlan Croker to get more minutes this game against his former club. He had a blinder against them last year. Really ripped in with a point to prove and even scored the match winning try I think yeah? Hopefully Des has been in his ear all week about it, filling him with confidence

Given the team selections I sadly think there is a good chance the Raiders might smash us . Gee I hope not, but our performances in the last two weeks have been worrying. Attack confused . Kicking ordinary. And Funa on the wing. Oh dear.
Raiders must be salivating about Funa.
The one thing about a loss is it might encourage the ultra conservative Des to give Shuster a chance next week, which might give our predictable dull attack the creativity it needs. So a loss could be a win.
But a win would be nice against the odds.
It’s driving me a bit nuts that Bradman Best is making such a sizzling start to his NRL career while our own Josh Schuster is sitting around kicking stones. It’s always been my biggest problem with Dessie - his unwillingness to gamble (except for going to the Dogs). Unusual for a Catholic.

It’s driving me a bit nuts that Bradman Best is making such a sizzling start to his NRL career while our own Josh Schuster is sitting around kicking stones. It’s always been my biggest problem with Dessie - his unwillingness to gamble (except for going to the Dogs). Unusual for a Catholic.

Thats a bit tough bradman is much older and had a season in 20’s and nsw cup before NRL Schuster has had neither. Young Hoppa is a similar age to best and the only reason Des hasn’t used him is because of 2 ACLs. COVID has definitely put our young guys back.

Where would Schuster even play? No way he gets a spot in our back row rotation. And I’d be surprised if he was able to come into the side and play better than Walker. I think it’s good that Dessie is holding some of these guys back. Yes Best is having a blinder but you only need to look to the Broncos and the Dogs etc to see what happens when you throw guys in too early.

As far as I know, Schuster last played in the SG Ball final, which was over a year ago. He may have had time off with an injury after that, but don't quote me.

He will probably get his chance through injury. Maybe as a #14 or a centre but who knows.

It's all about patience, Shuster maybe a star in the waiting but bring him into
1st grade too early and you risk losing him to a team with big $ to offer. If Des times it right and brings in Schuster, A Hop and Burbo all at the same time with nice 3 year contract upgrades, it keeps that premiership window open as long as possible. Des is a master of this and in Des we trust.

LoL thaiday an NRL great hahaha
Yeah read that also.....what a di(khead Tryday is Lolol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen DCE take a dive in all the time he’s been at Manly. Tryday must be bored & pi$$ed off his useless broncos lost Lolol. What an A class moron he is!

Speaking of Bradman Best apparently he is the nephew of a former 1976 first grade (just) Manly player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7