PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Parra [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am concerned about this game, especially if Parra's back three have any room to move. Also, Takairangi had a big game last week. Our kicking game needs to be spot on. Wonder if Des plans any late switches, e.g. recalling Parker to bolster the left edge defence?

I tend to agree with another poster that Croker with his kicking game and defensive reads would be a better starting option that Cust. In turn, Cust could be dynamic coming off the bench as replacement dummy half.

Our recent record against the Eels is not good. Think we have won only the one game from the last five. Plus they have Checcin in their corner. Big test for the boys in a much needed win.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee

Michael Wise
Touch Judge

Liam Nicholls
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not good !!!

Same Vidiots as last weekend against the Rabbits.
Maxwell oh great he took that cust try off us and cost us the game. Horse head bastard

I am concerned about this game, especially if Parra's back three have any room to move. Also, Takairangi had a big game last week. .
Takairangi is the epitome of a rocks and diamonds player. Put a large part of his triple last week down to the Fergo factor outside of him. Put him under pressure defensively and he’s always good for a dropped ball or a pushing of the pass. And having Tommy challenging them on corner kicks instead of a Corey Thompson (who I rate, but like Dufty, they’re fast and elusive, but get found out in the jump.). It all comes down to Walker not being sucked into coming out of the defensive line.

Play with intensity from the whistle and defend like that 2nd half and points will come......especially with the much needed added punch from the back in Turbo.
The main stops need to be on the early set carries of Fergo that create momentum, the Manly forwards have the ability to comfortably control their pack, which will go a long way to determining the outcome on Sunday....

I would like to see Croker back in the run on side. I know there was another thread re Cust and some very good posters on here rate him however I am not seeing it. Saw a bit of his play in the U20's and acknowledge he had a great GF but I always thought his basic skills for a 1/2 or five eight were missing. Poor kicker/poor passer - some of the plays against Titans and Souths were very scary - one pass went 7 metres forward. I am not bagging the bloke I just do not see him as our long term 1/2 or 5/8. Prefer Croker for now and if he can stay injury free will be a very good foil for Cherry. Failing that I think we need to look to recruit a new 5/8. Or as a few other posters have said, if nothing else he is due a break at Blacktown just to get back to the basics.

I'm not at all sold on Croker. He was dreadful last year but for the one game before his season ended. He's played a couple of good games this year but I think Cust has played better games and gained kudos from all quarters. Mind you I don't think Cust, Croker or Elgey are the answer at 5/8. Cust shows occasional clever ball playing as does Elgey but they are halves. Croker is tougher than he was last year, good defender and takes on the line. But I don't think any of them thus far have shown the needed skills of 5/8, that being to set up your back line. As I indicated in another section, we need a Cliff Lyons/Alan Thompson type of 5/8. The only player I see coming through who has those skills is young Schuster, but he may not get a look in until mid 2020.

Oh thank that historical figure and his dad, at last the real comp has resumed, after the state of Origin circus Oz (that we are so enthralled by, ho hum.)
And what better way to signal the return the an actual rugby league competition than Manly v Eels at Brookie. Had to dip out of the members cocktail partee bash tonite unfortunately but am really looking forward to this weekends match, should be the biggest Brookie crowd in at least 3 years. Be there or be square!!

Takairangi is the epitome of a rocks and diamonds player. Put a large part of his triple last week down to the Fergo factor outside of him. Put him under pressure defensively and he’s always good for a dropped ball or a pushing of the pass. And having Tommy challenging them on corner kicks instead of a Corey Thompson (who I rate, but like Dufty, they’re fast and elusive, but get found out in the jump.). It all comes down to Walker not being sucked into coming out of the defensive line.
Hes **** house always has been the guys a goon. Turbo is going to have a ball with him you watch. Tigers were woeful that game made the sqeels look good.

Hey guys, got a conundrum (that otherwise know as a problem). My oldest son, age 27, and living at home...again, his nick name is boomerang, is a Parramatta supporter (I have asked for a DNA test - he can't be mine!) anyway he wants to have a side bet on the game, he never has money - so that's out because he'll never payout, we can't have a bet on doing jobs because he's lazy as s#$t, will never get done.

So what are your suggestions other than drowning him as a mercy killing?

Hey guys, got a conundrum (that otherwise know as a problem). My oldest son, age 27, and living at home...again, his nick name is boomerang, is a Parramatta supporter (I have asked for a DNA test - he can't be mine!) anyway he wants to have a side bet on the game, he never has money - so that's out because he'll never payout, we can't have a bet on doing jobs because he's lazy as s#$t, will never get done.

You get to name his first born - Wombat or Snake could be good.

Beer wench for a day.
F2278C6D-9454-4E68-B832-EC026A5F71DB.png

Parra lose, he’s out on his A***! If Manly lose, he’s still out on his A***!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7