PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Parra [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles v Eels, 4.05pm, Lottoland

Team tips: Tom Trbojevic will almost certainly return after being rested against Souths. Cade Cust will undergo concussion protocol for Manly. If he fails, that could open the door to Lachlan Croker to partner Daly Cherry-Evans. Manase Fainu’s complaint at the weekend was thought to be only cramp. Parramatta meanwhile, remain without new signing Waqa Blake and the suspended Peni Terepo. The Eels pulled up injury-free from their win over the Tigers.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Cade Cust (head knock)
  • Apisai Koroisau (ankle, round 21)
  • Jack Gosiewski (groin, indefinite)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (knee, season)
  • Albert Hopoate (knee, season)

Parramatta Eels
    • Waqa Blake (knee, round 20)
    • Peni Terepo (suspension, round 20)
    • Michael Jennings (knee, round 21)
    • George Jennings (calf, round 22)
    • Ray Stone (ankle, round 24)
    • Kaysa Pritchard (retired)

After watching yesterday’s game, I couldn’t help but think that Gutho’s captaincy role model is one Cam Smith. He had the ref’s ear for the whole game. Has the blokey matey approach about him.
Beware DCE.

MIGOTY. Our team just weren't hungry enough against South's. I just hope it is perhaps the kick up the backside the players needed. Just can't be any excuses this week.
Why arn't these professional footballers up for every game!! They shouldn't need to have to have a kick up the backside they should be fired up and ready to go week in week out. It so frustrating when you hear coaches and players saying they were "flat" and "not hungry enough"...

Last edited:
From what I saw the effort was there . We outscored the opposition .
We lost some other scoring opportunities and some kicks for goal that could have made a difference in winning the game .
We were cained in the penalties and did not complete our sets as well as we have been and this lack of possession would have made us flat out making extra tackles .
I personally did not see any lack of hunger to win . Execution was our problem .

From what I saw the effort was there . We outscored the opposition .
We lost some other scoring opportunities and some kicks for goal that could have made a difference in winning the game .
We were cained in the penalties and did not complete our sets as well as we have been and this lack of possession would have made us flat out making extra tackles .
I personally did not see any lack of hunger to win . Execution was our problem .
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-17/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/

Manly had majority of the possession and made 30 less tackles.

The 2 penalty goals killed us and Walker was warned after his first offside to 'watch your language'.
So the Refs were peeved enough to penalize Manly at every opportunity :mad:

Discipline is still our self inflicted weakness. :confused:

I wish Manly would ignore the Refs/Linesmen and just play footy instead of debating their calls.
They will never change a ruling, so why distract from the focus of winning the game :fubar:

giphy.gif

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-17/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/

Manly had majority of the possession and made 30 less tackles.

The 2 penalty goals killed us and Walker was warned after his first offside to 'watch your language'.
So the Refs were peeved enough to penalize Manly at every opportunity :mad:

Discipline is still our self inflicted weakness. :confused:

I wish Manly would ignore the Refs/Linesmen and just play footy instead of debating their calls.
They will never change a ruling, so why distract from the focus of winning the game :fubar:

giphy.gif
Thanks for the stats HM . Amazing how we were heavily penalized and still made 30 less tackles .
I think all our players would have been pissed off at out scoring the opposition and still lose the game .
I think they will certainly as you say be more focused this weekend

Run their big boppers around early then attack through the middle. I’m hoping for a game day experience like our win against Souths early this year, jubilant Manly fans leaving the ground grinning ear to ear (although prefer a bit less close than that game!)

The bottom line ....

Brett Kimmorley says
Both teams are in form. Manly were still good last weekend despite losing to South Sydney. Who wins halfback battle between DCE and Mitchell Moses? It will also be interesting with Clint Gutherson going back to Brookvale where he cut his teeth. Manly did enough to beat Souths, if they can learn from that they can beat Parra. I think this will be the game of the round. Manly by 4

Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Massive game this weekend here is team and don’t forget to get your tickets online to avoid the long queues at the gates!

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named his team to play the Parramatta Eels at Lottoland.

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Dylan Walker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Manase Fainu

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Lachlan Croker

15 Corey Waddell

16 Morgan Boyle

17 Taniela Paseka

18 Brad Parker

19 Brendan Elliot

20 Haumole Olakau’atu

21 Lloyd Perrett

I would like to see Croker back in the run on side. I know there was another thread re Cust and some very good posters on here rate him however I am not seeing it. Saw a bit of his play in the U20's and acknowledge he had a great GF but I always thought his basic skills for a 1/2 or five eight were missing. Poor kicker/poor passer - some of the plays against Titans and Souths were very scary - one pass went 7 metres forward. I am not bagging the bloke I just do not see him as our long term 1/2 or 5/8. Prefer Croker for now and if he can stay injury free will be a very good foil for Cherry. Failing that I think we need to look to recruit a new 5/8. Or as a few other posters have said, if nothing else he is due a break at Blacktown just to get back to the basics.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6