PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 9, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
14. Cade Cust
15. Moses Suli
16. Zac Saddler - Development Player
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Reserves:
18. Ben Trbojevic
19. Tevita Funa
20. Christian Tuipulotu
21. Jorge Taufua

What are our options?
Ben Turbo moves into the 17 in place of Suli (Is he he ready?)
Either Suli or B Parker play 2nd row.
Jake moves to the prop rotation with B Parker playing lock.
You could possibly also play Foran at lock.

Any other possibilities?

Surely Taufua slots into prop, give him six seven sets at a time (that should be enough for minimum two trademark crunches) Tommy and Saab do the rest. I don't think we realise it would of been 22-20 with five minutes to go agaisnt penrith if DCE and Garrick could convert . Manly by 7

btw for the people who want the swap of burbo for suli. Trust me, burbz is not ready yet, he's about another year away. He would get rag dolled and ran over and we will all be blaming des and wanting ben out. He will get there soon though, needs to beef up and another season at blacktown.

btw for the people who want the swap of burbo for suli. Trust me, burbz is not ready yet, he's about another year away. He would get rag dolled and ran over and we will all be blaming des and wanting ben out. He will get there soon though, needs to beef up and another season at blacktown.
Yep Burbo is still a fair way off.

Damn that bench does not inspire confidence.. Suli? Hopefully as a prop haha make him work for his moneh for once. I actually think he'd make a good 2nd rower tbh. He's big enough and has decent speed just needs to learn how to pass offload and defend

Suli as a prop. I like it. Send him to the Harbord Hilton for some meat pie training with big Georgie Rose.

He can come back at 130kgs happy. All he has to do is run off the back fence and just RUN straight ahead. Not passing won't be an issue.

Thinking outside the box :)

Please no to Jorge. I can't stand his 30sec slow play the balls. He's still doing it in BWSE and his involvement has been minimal at best.
Jorge isn’t as slow as some of the others in Reggie’s
But Jorge days in the NRL are limited unfortunately great player for manly but the game has changed would rather a young faster winger as Saab has shown is more beneficial for the team
below from the game on the weekend
79300C66-B5BA-4B26-9A12-3EDC7ED7139A.png

Last edited:
Des usually minimises disruption to the team when injury strikes by swapping like-for-like so I can only see Paseka & Keppie starting props with Tof & Saddler rotating for them.

That way the rest of the team stays the same which is good for consistency but it means our 3 backrowers are likely to be playing for 80 minutes.

Jake & Schuster are both 80 minute players so it's only Haumole who will feel the strain but he's looked good so far & played more minutes each week.

Suli on the bench does concern me though, because as others have said, he might be there in the event Garrick or Harper drop out.

I hope they're both fine & Suli is replaced by Funa on the bench.

Des usually minimises disruption to the team when injury strikes by swapping like-for-like so I can only see Paseka & Keppie starting props with Tof & Saddler rotating for them.

That way the rest of the team stays the same which is good for consistency but it means our 3 backrowers are likely to be playing for 80 minutes.

Jake & Schuster are both 80 minute players so it's only Haumole who will feel the strain but he's looked good so far & played more minutes each week.

Suli on the bench does concern me though, because as others have said, he might be there in the event Garrick or Harper drop out.

I hope they're both fine & Suli is replaced by Funa on the bench.
I interpreted Suli on the bench differently... if someone was dropping out of the starting side they could’ve just named Suli in the 21. I think he’s on the bench because there are literally no other fit forwards in our top 30 except Burbo who’s not ready for the step up. Suli’s a big body who could handle a stint in the forwards, and I think that’s how he’ll be used.

NEW REF THIS WEEK.

Peter Gough has only done a few assistant ref jobs with Manly, til now. Hope he likes to Eagle Rock!

This year we have had the usual suspects;
Sutton bros (3L), Cecchin & Klein (2L) and Gee (1W)

Chris Butler has been good with 2W.
A new ref, we need to school him in what home ground advantage means, especially Brookie Home ground advantage. Don't worry, I'll be there yelling whenever we have the ball, starting at kick-off, "Six again ref!"

Wow I'm expecting a flood of posts from all those now-delighted Silvertails stalwarts who've posted over the last year how they wanted more injuries so we get to see how the young blokes go. How they won't mind a 50 point thrashing so long as the young blokes get a run, lol.
Well guess what, this is your moment, now is your time, so please don't be shy about reminding us who you all are, hahaha !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4