PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 9, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I interpreted Suli on the bench differently... if someone was dropping out of the starting side they could’ve just named Suli in the 21. I think he’s on the bench because there are literally no other fit forwards in our top 30 except Burbo who’s not ready for the step up. Suli’s a big body who could handle a stint in the forwards, and I think that’s how he’ll be used.
Just seems a bit radical for Des but anything is possible I suppose.

Wow I'm expecting a flood of posts from all those now-delighted Silvertails stalwarts who've posted over the last year how they wanted more injuries so we get to see how the young blokes go. How they won't mind a 50 point thrashing so long as the young blokes get a run, lol.
Well guess what, this is your moment, now is your time, so please don't be shy about reminding us who you all are, hahaha !!!
Well we were going sh1t before siro suli and walker got injured..... but I don’t wish injuries on anyone.

I am looking forward to seeing young Zac get his chance !

I would think moving Jake into the prop rotation is the best option. He doesnt offer anything in the lock position really. Could start Cust at hooker and even move Croker to 5/8 or just start Burbo/Saddler there.

True, but I would much prefer Josh and Marty to be playing.
Yeah I think most of them were hoping Croker Suli Garrick Siro and Parker got hurt, not Josh and Marty.
Problem though in modern NRL, basically everybody is guaranteed to get hurt . And on a semi-regular basis, lol
(Except Cam Smith)
(Oh, and DCE)

I interpreted Suli on the bench differently... if someone was dropping out of the starting side they could’ve just named Suli in the 21. I think he’s on the bench because there are literally no other fit forwards in our top 30 except Burbo who’s not ready for the step up. Suli’s a big body who could handle a stint in the forwards, and I think that’s how he’ll be used.
Same here. When I saw his name I was thinking the pigs it is for big Moses. We know this guy can be damaging it’s largely defence Tgat let’s him down. I think a bit of a shake up might do wonders for him. Cone on against sone tiring forwards up the middle and wreak havoc!

Same here. When I saw his name I was thinking the pigs it is for big Moses. We know this guy can be damaging it’s largely defence Tgat let’s him down. I think a bit of a shake up might do wonders for him. Cone on against sone tiring forwards up the middle and wreak havoc!
If that is the case, hopefully can get a bit of an offload going in attack to create some second phase play.

Wow I'm expecting a flood of posts from all those now-delighted Silvertails stalwarts who've posted over the last year how they wanted more injuries so we get to see how the young blokes go. How they won't mind a 50 point thrashing so long as the young blokes get a run, lol.
Well guess what, this is your moment, now is your time, so please don't be shy about reminding us who you all are, hahaha !!!
I don't know what happened but I was the only one at the march on Narrabeen yesterday.

If Suli has stints in the forwards, everyone around him is going to have to step up in defense. He's bad enough at times in the centres. For mine though I think Schuster and Olakau'atu will prove they can go for 80 minutes. Shoe has already played 80 each game in the back row anyway and I hope Guac proves to Des that he must be in the 17 even when Siro is back. Sips and Saddler on the bench will be purely prop rotation.

I hope Saddler goes well in his debut, but I would have preferred his form warrant his selection rather than injuries to other players. As I said before, he's been part of the Blacktown pack that is currently getting mauled week after week. Lets hope he gives it a red hot go and proves doubters like myself wrong.

Like others I see Suli there more as a precaution in case Harper or Garrick are forced to drop out. Although I can also see Des keeping him there and really only using him late as an early minute for one of the injured concerns or Turbo rather than bringing Funa into the 17.

Wow... what a bugger of a time to get injuries!

@Dan , @tajhay - errr..... maybe it's a good time to call this week's bet off? lol...wah.

Now, head injuries are serious and HIA and subsequent protocols must be adhered to 100% -

- it's just that I can't help thinking that for a guy that is so big 'n strong, Marty seems to have a marshmallow head. The hit didn't seem that bad? (refer to HIA comments outraged readers)

"Marty Marshmallow Melon."

If he's offended...then my name is @Ryan and I'll meet him anywhere! lol

Its a great opportunity for him ... but will he see it that way ... someone here likened him to T-Rex ... as in lazy, as in ... run f**k you ... I hope Moses takes his opportunity ..... & Blocker lets him know how big and damaging he is ...

Last edited:
Wow... what a bugger of a time to get injuries!

@Dan , @tajhay - errr..... maybe it's a good time to call this week's bet off? lol...wah.

Now, head injuries are serious and HIA and subsequent protocols must be adhered to 100% -

- it's just that I can't help thinking that for a guy that is so big 'n strong, Marty seems to have a marshmallow head. The hit didn't seem that bad? (refer to HIA comments outraged readers)

"Marty Marshmallow Melon."

If he's offended...then my name is @Ryan and I'll meet him anywhere! lol

Lover (the rare chances I get the opportunity haha) not a fighter here, that's for sure.

When you're the size of a mans bicep, forget about it.

I'd be saying I made a mistake, my real name is @mutley

So Suli into the forwards maybe, that'll be interesting

I agree! I assume the plan is to play Suli in the second row so it's easy to make a direct swap with Burbo who is a natural second rower.

Very excited for Saddler's debut though!

So sad about Aloiai. I hope its a similar case to AFB where the time frame is a worst case and we can get some good news

Or ... at some stage Parker moves in one spot to the edge and Suli goes to centre .... very interesting whichever way ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4