PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 9, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NEW REF THIS WEEK.

Peter Gough has only done a few assistant ref jobs with Manly, til now. Hope he likes to Eagle Rock!

This year we have had the usual suspects;
Sutton bros (3L), Cecchin & Klein (2L) and Gee (1W)

Chris Butler has been good with 2W.

With Marty and Aloia out, we will struggle.
At least AFB is out 4 the Warriors.

Suli as a forward. Give Ben Turbo a go at bashing his body in the forwards.

Gee we'll see how good a player Tommy Turbo is this weekend. If he can carry us to a win without 2 of our 3 front line middle forwards then he is indeed a superstar.

We can't take a trick, almost our full starting pack from round 1 injured - Jake the only one to dodge the bullets so far (* touches wood)

And there's no way Suli is playing in the forwards - he is there as a late possible in for Harper I would assume, fitness pending. Des will run with Funa as the reserve back I reckon

They have loads out as well
Screenshot_20210504-172208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gee we'll see how good a player Tommy Turbo is this weekend. If he can carry us to a win without 2 of our 3 front line middle forwards then he is indeed a superstar.

We can't take a trick, almost our full starting pack from round 1 injured - Jake the only one to dodge the bullets so far (* touches wood)

And there's no way Suli is playing in the forwards - he is there as a late possible in for Harper I would assume, fitness pending. Des will run with Funa as the reserve back I reckon

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

Crushing blow to lose Marty and aloali.
Good news is with Tommy and Saab we are better at scoring tries from long distance than close range.

And on Marsila, what about Taumololo’s work on him last weekend, cant believe nothing come of it, pretty sure the initial head clash was accidental, but I’m also pretty sure Big Jason didn’t like it much and didn’t miss with his elbow on the ground, then when he realised a) who it was and b) what he’d done, he looked awful guilty to me, and not a word, maybe because he empathised so full heartedly over his mate and his normal go is pretty clean.

Tent will need to play more minutes this week, interesting to see how Des uses the bench this week.

Jake big game this week!!
Yep massive games for Jake and Taniela this week. Gee I can’t recall a time we’ve fielded a less experienced pack! Keppe, Guac, Schu, Croker (9) saddler. I’d be lying if I was to say I’m not a tad worried. Fair go our injuries. Can’t bloody take a trick this team. Even siro not being ready yet is a bother.

The inclusion of Tenterfield is the big Plus for us this week. He must have received a special dispensation given the injuries to our front rowers.
I'm excited to see how he goes, and I'm hoping that Suli is given a run as a forward.
Haha, when I seen the team sheet, I thought @The Who will be doing backflips. Can’t wait to see him rip in.

And on Marsila, what about Taumololo’s work on him last weekend, cant believe nothing come of it, pretty sure the initial head clash was accidental, but I’m also pretty sure Big Jason didn’t like it much and didn’t miss with his elbow on the ground, then when he realised a) who it was and b) what he’d done, he looked awful guilty to me, and not a word, maybe because he empathised so full heartedly over his mate and his normal go is pretty clean.
The Warriors fans let it be known, each time they showed the replay

Unfortunately the question must be asked what has Zac done lately to press for first grade selection other than be among those who have been lucky enough not to be injured? The Blacktown pack is getting mauled week in, week out and that includes Saddler.

Aloiai and Taupau are massive losses, even if Marty is only for a week,
Zac is not responsible for his other 16 Blacktown mates

Zac is a big match player and he always steps up when he was called up in the indigenous all star games this year and last season and he was one of the star forwards

Enough of me . I will let Zac do his own talking on the field this week feathered friend

Sadly I’m less confident now.

But great to see young Saddler get his crack.

Suli as a forward ???

I’m now swinging towards a Warriors win.

Bloody injuries.
I did not know you were a swinger . You kinky devil

I predict that ....
Saddler will lead the way in the engine room and Tom will do the rest

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4