PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Henry Perenara
Referee

Jon Stone
Touch Judge

Drew Oultram
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Brendan Elliot
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tevita Funa
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Danny Levi
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Corey Waddell
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Haumole Olakau'atu
19. Abbis Miski
20. Morgan Boyle
21. Albert Hopoate

Wish hopoate would play fullback but in pouring rain It’s probably best to not risk him !! Just being named is a great start maybe it’s a way of trying to convince him to stay at manly

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Brendan Elliot
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tevita Funa
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Danny Levi
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Corey Waddell
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Haumole Olakau'atu
19. Abbis Miski
20. Morgan Boyle
21. Albert Hopoate
Would love this from that 21
21 Albert
1 Elliott
3 Funa
4 Suli
5 Garrick
6 Cust
7 Cherry-Evans
8 AFB
9 Levi
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
18 Olakau’atu
13 Trbojevic

12 Sironen
15 Waddell
16 Keppie
17 Paseka

Waddell or Cust to give Levi 10-15 mins break

Excited for Funa to finally play centre. Hoping Hoppa is a late inclusion on the wing over Jorge. Saw some Manly fans discussing on twitter that Des did a similar thing with Tevita Funa's debut and kept it under wraps to alleviate as much pressure as possible - hoping he's doing the same thing here

I’m praying to God Des shifts Elliot to centre and debuts young Hoppa at FB! Great to see Cust back in
Don’t think it will happen but I’m keen to see this kid play so any positional inclusion would be good.

Finally Des is making some positive selections (of course my point of view, perhaps not others), though I feel its been forced on him through injuries. Certainly good Cust is back and Funa in the side. Especially pleased to see Hopoate's name listed even if only as a reserve. Still no Schuster, but I guess FINALLY Des is getting a bit of bite in that backline. They just might have a chance now against the Warriors.

Excited for Funa to finally play centre. Hoping Hoppa is a late inclusion on the wing over Jorge. Saw some Manly fans discussing on twitter that Des did a similar thing with Tevita Funa's debut and kept it under wraps to alleviate as much pressure as possible - hoping he's doing the same thing here

Des had Funa in the 21 man squad for the majority of last year but never ended up playing.

Hopefully that's not the case with Hopoate.

Des's intentions will be much clearer when the squad gets cut to 19 at 18:00 Thursday 6/8/20

Finally Des is making some positive selections (of course my point of view, perhaps not others), though I feel its been forced on him through injuries. Certainly good Cust is back and Funa in the side. Especially pleased to see Hopoate's name listed even if only as a reserve. Still no Schuster, but I guess FINALLY Des is getting a bit of bite in that backline. They just might have a chance now against the Warriors.

I thought the same thing, but he could've named others instead who were more likely eg Harper, Sipley

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4