PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shame no one ever cared enough to correct his pronunciation growing up.

It's comes across unprofessional/uneducated especially being in a media managerial role.
They do say never judge a book by its cover for good reason .
Wayne Cousins professional qualities are in the way he conducts him self and his professionalism to the great job he does . I have come across many show ponies that speak with a plum in their mouth but they are full of crap feathered friend

I still reckon Wayne Cousins sounds like Tezza Hill.

I think there has been much greater communication to members by Wayne/Tezza and his media team than ever before, which is pleasing. But I'm disappointed that the NRL obviously insists on a 'template' for the look and feel of the communication. It seems that every club has to follow the same parameters and no club can show any individuality.
Unless I'm mistaken the NRL must insist all clubs conduct a certain number of interviews with players each week, regardless of how newsworthy they are. I'm really over the same trite phrases that players are forced to regurgitate to inane questions. It's not their fault - they are not skilled orators.
And the injury update is the same format for each club.
I just feel the communication is being homogenised and all clubs are being forced to go through the motions to tick marketing boxes drawn up by the NRL.
I presume all clubs are doing this as a cost-saving measure. Pity because Manly is different to every other club, and long live the difference.

The Warriors have looked good throwing the ball around a bit under Payton. Thommo will have his hands full against Hetherington who is in good form and has been a handful. The rain might actually help us this game, hopefully get back to basics and crush them through the middle.

Given the latest injury update and given Walker definitely out (4-6 weeks); Parker most likely out and Sirro a 50/50 chance to play the only changes I see are Cust for Walker and Funa/Harper for Parker. Warriors will be liking their chances going wide in attack. Green a big danger and they showed a lot of grit against the Tiges.

I'm happy with that team but I think your criticism of Elliot is harsh. He's no star but he is professional and very safe under the high ball.

Agreed. But we need a full back who chimes in and helps make things happen. We need someone who scatters the pigeons

I think there has been much greater communication to members by Wayne/Tezza and his media team than ever before, which is pleasing. But I'm disappointed that the NRL obviously insists on a 'template' for the look and feel of the communication. It seems that every club has to follow the same parameters and no club can show any individuality.
Unless I'm mistaken the NRL must insist all clubs conduct a certain number of interviews with players each week, regardless of how newsworthy they are. I'm really over the same trite phrases that players are forced to regurgitate to inane questions. It's not their fault - they are not skilled orators.
I just feel the communication is being homogenised and all clubs are being forced to go through the motions to tick marketing boxes drawn up by the NRL.
I presume all clubs are doing this as a cost-saving measure. Pity because Manly is different to every other club, and long live the difference.
Tezza Hill is a Manly legend and so is Cuzzo

Agreed. But we need a full back who chimes in and helps make things happen. We need someone who scatters the pigeons
i see what you mean. Dynamic backs are game changers that can turn a game out of nothing and on their own .

At least Cuzzo doesn’t call us fans Sausage Roll eaters like one of his predecessors

Shame no one ever cared enough to correct his pronunciation growing up.

It's comes across unprofessional/uneducated especially being in a media managerial role.
It's rugby league, mate. Being unprofessional and uneducated is considered a plus, especially in a media role.

They do say never judge a book by its cover for good reason .
Wayne Cousins professional qualities are in the way he conducts him self and his professionalism to the great job he does . I have come across many show ponies that speak with a plum in their mouth but they are full of crap feathered friend
Silvertails love to bag their own unfortunately.

The club like very other club has to do three media sessions per week- 6 players and the coach. All clubs use the same template for websites as it is part of the Telstra deal - it is worth dollars for all clubs.

If any one got to meet Cuzzo they would appreciate the quality Manly man he really is

Yep, it's great to have a media manager that always has time for the fans. Always says hello to me at games, and even comes over to Manly fans at away games.

If any one got to meet Cuzzo they would appreciate the quality Manly man he really is
Never met him, but I can’t believe people are bagging a bloke in rugby league circles because he doesn’t talk right. Hello!!! Channel nine and Fox sports anyone? Peter Fitzsimmons speaks eloquently and he burns a hole through my brain whenever I listen to him.

We better win on Friday or this place will implode.

The rain might actually help us this game, hopefully get back to basics and crush them through the middle.
Yes, the rain might be a blessing in disguise for once

Never met him, but I can’t believe people are bagging a bloke in rugby league circles because he doesn’t talk right. Hello!!! Channel nine and Fox sports anyone? Peter Fitzsimmons speaks eloquently and he burns a hole through my brain whenever I listen to him.

We better win on Friday or this place will implode.

Good old Pete is just well-rehearsed. He repeats the same things over and over again, year after year. Rent-a-quote for the liberal media...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6