PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe the Titans will take us as lightly as the Tigers took the Cowboys.... After last week, the Titans will be more wary of us than they would be with another loss no doubt, but they haven't had a dogfight yet.

The Titans have simply touched up teams that are flailing (Broncs, Cowboys, Knights) - yes Fifita was a beast against the Knights, but Canberra/Warriors each kept the Titans to just 1 try, so they can be contained.

Says to me that they are maybe new flat track bullies?

We need to tough it out with them like we did with the Warriors on Friday - if we can frustrate them out of easy points then we are a solid chance, and they start making bad decisions and making errors.

If we let them get a roll-on then we'll likely lose by 20+

Win the middle and Chez/Foz outplay Foggarty/Ash Traylor, which is entirely possible, we are in with a chance. If they get too much possession in our 20, their edge forwards and outside backs will rip us a new one. Either way as long as Tommy doesn't get injured I'll be happy.

Win the middle and Chez/Foz outplay Foggarty/Ash Traylor, which is entirely possible, we are in with a chance. If they get too much possession in our 20, their edge forwards and outside backs will rip us a new one. Either way as long as Tommy doesn't get injured I'll be happy.
^^^^^
That I believe should be the game plan, when they win the middle their edges become unstoppable.

The game will be won or lost , right here.

A bit has been said about our flat attack, in contrast the Titans set deep and play across the park, their attack is good to watch, with support runners and out the back balls, that type of attack is taking advantage of poor defence and in particular tired players, we need to hold our line and slide.
I went to the game on Friday night and it looked like the boys had a different defensive plan every time RTS got the ball, our defensive pattern changed noticeably, I don’t know if this was planed or not, but everyone dropped off RTS and formed a good line, it worked reasonably well, it stifled his game and nullified his opportunities and influence.
I know the Titans have a way better attacking style and structure than the warriors, but if we can implement a similar plan for their outside attack, I think a good sliding defensive line is crucial to frustrate their attack, the knights were all over the shop with their defensive line and it played right into the Titans favour, we must hold our line and work across the field with them, our edge defence needs all the help it can get or they will make our night a bad one. Our middle is our strength at the moment and we need the game to be played there, they will head to the edges for sure, its their strength and our weakness, hope our D works to hold a good line and slides to limit their lateral play. I’d love to see us knock them over, we owe them, I’m sick of them holding the wood on us in recent times, time to get at them. C’mon lads, let’s knock them over. May the Mudgee Eagles sore this weekend.

Check out the Sea Eagles Official 'Mudgee' page for Ticketing, accommodation and tourism activities information.

A bit has been said about our flat attack, in contrast the Titans set deep and play across the park, their attack is good to watch, with support runners and out the back balls, that type of attack is taking advantage of poor defence and in particular tired players, we need to hold our line and slide.
I went to the game on Friday night and it looked like the boys had a different defensive plan every time RTS got the ball, our defensive pattern changed noticeably, I don’t know if this was planed or not, but everyone dropped off RTS and formed a good line, it worked reasonably well, it stifled his game and nullified his opportunities and influence.
I know the Titans have a way better attacking style and structure than the warriors, but if we can implement a similar plan for their outside attack, I think a good sliding defensive line is crucial to frustrate their attack, the knights were all over the shop with their defensive line and it played right into the Titans favour, we must hold our line and work across the field with them, our edge defence needs all the help it can get or they will make our night a bad one. Our middle is our strength at the moment and we need the game to be played there, they will head to the edges for sure, its their strength and our weakness, hope our D works to hold a good line and slides to limit their lateral play. I’d love to see us knock them over, we owe them, I’m sick of them holding the wood on us in recent times, time to get at them. C’mon lads, let’s knock them over. May the Mudgee Eagles sore this weekend.
Im hoping Turbo will remedy our overly flat attack. It's easy for a whole backline to be out of step because one person is half a step early/late. Walker has tried hard at FB but his timing on backline plays is stuck between centre(too early) and 5/8(too late). We spent the entire offseason building combos off Tommys timing and even if he isn't match fit I think we'll see more cohesion in backline movements.

Im hoping Turbo will remedy our overly flat attack. It's easy for a whole backline to be out of step because one person is half a step early/late. Walker has tried hard at FB but his timing on backline plays is stuck between centre(too early) and 5/8(too late). We spent the entire offseason building combos off Tommys timing and even if he isn't match fit I think we'll see more cohesion in backline movements.
Yer I pretty much agree with that, walker has tried but is definitely not a FB, it wasn’t just his timing on attacking plays, his positional play! he didn’t follow the ball like a good FB does, teddy and paps are masters of it, Dufty’s and AJ are doing it well, Toms pretty good at it too, I don’t think things will just magically click because his back, I‘m sure your right in that he will help our backline out, but this week just having someone probe around out the back and following the ball will be a huge plus for us, he has a good try saving attitude and effort too which will be good to have back, walks positional defence epically on our own line was ordinary, it’s just a shame his gone for the next 6-8 weeks as he would have been a way better option and way more value to us back where he belongs. I hope we don’t go into the game planning to much in terms of attack and focus mostly on our D, if we can hold our line and frustrate the Titans off their attacking structure, we’ll stand a better chance at grinding out a battle up the middle.

Yer I pretty much agree with that, walker has tried but is definitely not a FB, it wasn’t just his timing on attacking plays, his positional play! he didn’t follow the ball like a good FB does, teddy and paps are masters of it, Dufty’s and AJ are doing it well, Toms pretty good at it too, I don’t think things will just magically click because his back, I‘m sure your right in that he will help our backline out, but this week just having someone probe around out the back and following the ball will be a huge plus for us, he has a good try saving attitude and effort too which will be good to have back, walks positional defence epically on our own line was ordinary, it’s just a shame his gone for the next 6-8 weeks as he would have been a way better option and way more value to us back where he belongs. I hope we don’t go into the game planning to much in terms of attack and focus mostly on our D, if we can hold our line and frustrate the Titans off their attacking structure, we’ll stand a better chance at grinding out a battle up the middle.
Hold them in the middle and everything else will take care of itself , it’ll frustrate the crap out of them !!

I think the tittie boys will get up 13+
Warriors played atrociously.. The commentators called it in the first 5 minutes... Warriors looked flat and not really up for it.. and we still snuck a win by the skin of our teeth .
We played better, there were some good signs, DCE played well, the forwards stood up... BUT, I think Titans are on another level to us... Even with Tom, he's played almost no footy on the last 2 seasons, I think Titans do it 13+

Last I checked, when returning from injury Tom takes about 3 games to stop playing like he is seriously undercooked.

Not expecting too much from him this weekend but hoping for the best anyway.
He has had a few dud games on return but it's not always the case.

Hold them in the middle and everything else will take care of itself , it’ll frustrate the crap out of them !!
Well I reckon we can match them in the middle and maybe even get the better of them, if they take it to the edges we’ll be in for a tuff night, our D needs to work perfectly on the edges too or they’ll shred us.
I hope we stick with last weeks front row rotation, Aloiai has been awesome for us, his effort and work rate brings a lot, he come over to the fence after the game and you could see what it meant to him, his first win in our colours. We wound him up and you could see his appreciation, it was good. Sippers was a beast too, hope he plays well this week and takes full advantage of this opportunity to cement his spot in the side. I also just hope we work hard this week and stay in the game and you never know, I’d hate to see us capitulate, if we can build on last week and have a good game even if we don’t get the points, we will go in against the tig’s better for it, I don’t won’t to get ahead of things but there‘s more hope against the tigers than there was a week or two ago, they’ve got there own problems, all going well we can get them if we have a good game this weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6