PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If there might be a game Titans are a bit off in its this one. We will be big underdogs again. Annoying travel to mudgee. We might just get them. Re Taufua it’s good to hear he’s back. Another outside back option if needed.

Thompson's footwork is so good he could leave Saab clutching at thin air. Although Saab does have very long arms so he may still get him.

2020: we can’t score from kicks!!

This week: our only tries came from kicks!!!
Yeah, one from a footrace and the other from a grubber. We haven't scored a try from a bomb to our beanpole winger, which was the main reason we bought him, wasn't it?
Other clubs use this tactic successfully yet I reckon we haven't scored this way in the past 15 matches. It's also frustrating when Foran kicks high to a Sandwich rather than to a hot dog bun.

As previously stated I'm naturally a pretty optimistic person, but I'm no where near as optimistic as some about our chances this weekend. I thought we were pretty poor on Friday night and the result could easily have gone the other way if not for a timely Warriors knock on. I think the 6.5 start is way unders against a Titans team going pretty well.
Hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm underestimating the Tom T factor.
Go Manly.

As previously stated I'm naturally a pretty optimistic person, but I'm no where near as optimistic as some about our chances this weekend. I thought we were pretty poor on Friday night and the result could easily have gone the other way if not for a timely Warriors knock on. I think the 6.5 start is way unders against a Titans team going pretty well.
Go Manly.
You are probably no different to most of us.

It’s why I posted the “ now for the reality check “ thread.

Our issues haven’t gone away , they were simply hidden for a game.

Going to be one tough game and Titans are the favourites for a good reason.

Go Manly.
I agree with you Clint. Tom hasn't played in a very long time. He came back after a long lay off, was injured first game back and hasn't played since. He will be very rusty.

I think he will help us more defensively than offensively until he gets his fitness up. He can at least help direct our defence from the back.

Last edited:
I'm glad we are not playing them at Brookvale because the Titans seem to play well there.
yes with a pretty much 100% record over the last few years , and I remember one particular game that cost me yet another TV screen when we were up something like 20-0 and all of a sudden we lost 28 -20 or something.It was like watching the old Bears ,where they would be up 19-0 with 10 minutes to go and then somehow loose 20-19

Yeah, one from a footrace and the other from a grubber. We haven't scored a try from a bomb to our beanpole winger, which was the main reason we bought him, wasn't it?
Other clubs use this tactic successfully yet I reckon we haven't scored this way in the past 15 matches. It's also frustrating when Foran kicks high to a Sandwich rather than to a hot dog bun.
Would help if someone could place a decent kick (bomb) for him, he hasn’t been given one decent kick to work with and if he gets a couple of decent kicks, I’m sure he will capitalise for us.

We have experienced great euphoria from our great resilient win against the Warriors and against all odds

We have tasted the addictive victory and and now we crave for it

We crave for our next victim that stands in our way from being Victorious

Titans can not beat us

We can only lose to them

We will choose to win once again and remain Resilient once again

We will face our Manly people Victorious and with great winning pride once again

THE GAME IS IN OUR HANDS
WE TACKLE WE WIN

BECAUSE .....

IF THE BASTARDS CANT SCORE
THE BASTARDS CANT WIN

GO THE MIGHTY RESILIENT SEA EAGLES
20210412_152647.jpg

I agree with you Clint. Tom hasn't played in a very long time. He cam back after a long lay off, was injured first game back and hasn't played since. He will be very rusty.

I think he will help us more defensively that offensively until he gets his fitness up. He can at least help direct our defence from the back.

Awww, is your new avatar eagle the son / daughter of the other one?

anyway...

Go Manly! Build on that momentum! don't worry about the doomers and gloomer boomers!!!! (men only)

Big win coming up!

Titans are a totally different proposition, there were a lot of indicators last week that lead me to believe we could sneak a win against the warriors, unfortunately I can’t say the same this week for obvious reasons, that being said we should go into the game with some renewed confidence and self belief anyway which is always good.
Turbo back is also a real positive in so many ways, I’m not expecting to see the old Tom straight up but his presence for us and against them is a big plus.
This week should be all about our D, the Titans attack is well drilled, they set deep and play across the park with support runners and out the back balls that give them plenty of time and options with the ball, if were lazy or short they will exploit us big time.
i think we need to play to our strength, which is up the middle and make them work, if we can hold the ball and turn it into a bash and grind affair, we can close the gap significantly, if there forwards lose that battle it should help take the game away from their backs.
Looking forward to the game actually and looking forward to seeing if we can build on and get value from last weeks win. I don’t expect we will get the 2 but it’s football mate and as long as the boys go out there and want the 2 who knows, stranger things have happened. Maybe Chez was right! One win might just turn it all around! But seriously we need to improve and build on last week’s positives, I’d hate to see us go backwards.

Can't see Haumole starting I'd say bench with the possibility Siro back at 11. I'd say Keppie at 11 if Siro still out.

Can't see Haumole starting I'd say bench with the possibility Siro back at 11. I'd say Keppie at 11 if Siro still out.
Yeah, off the bench I'd say. I don't think Siro will be back for another week or two. Des might use Marty on the edge to start.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6