PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you go onto any of the Manly Facebook pages.....take a snorkel and some swimming goggles with you.

The crying over there that once again Des has overlooked future Immortal Cade Cust could fill the Pacific.

I have nothing against Cust, I think he's a good player. But the reality is that he still has things to work on in his game and right now isn't even the second choice pivot. He's dropped behind both Walker and Croker.

If you go onto any of the Manly Facebook pages.....take a snorkel and some swimming goggles with you.

The crying over there that once again Des has overlooked future Immortal Cade Cust could fill the Pacific.

I have nothing against Cust, I think he's a good player. But the reality is that he still has things to work on in his game and right now isn't even the second choice pivot. He's dropped behind both Walker and Croker.

It’s honestly like he’s the second coming of Fulton on some of those FB pages. I don’t see any reason why you would want to shift Walker from 5/8th given how the team has been travelling with him there.

In reality, a sensible, logical and supportable arguement could be made for the selection of Funa, Elliott, Croker, Cust .... and for the switch of Garrick to Centre, Walker to Centre Elliott to wing, Elliott to Centre etc etc etc ....

We all have our individual preferences ... but I don't think there is a black and white .. right or wrong .... as we say .. in Des we trust ...

For mine I would have preferred to see how Waddell would go on the edge ... but it appears Des sees him as a middle replacement ... ah well ... fukk it ....

In reality, a sensible, logical and supportable arguement could be made for the selection of Funa, Elliott, Croker, Cust .... and for the switch of Garrick to Centre, Walker to Centre Elliott to wing, Elliott to Centre etc etc etc ....

We all have our individual preferences ... but I don't think there is a black and white .. right or wrong .... as we say .. in Des we trust ...

For mine I would have preferred to see how Waddell would go on the edge ... but it appears Des sees him as a middle replacement ... ah well ... fukk it ....

Garrick has proven to be a better winger than centre. I certainly wouldn't be moving him and putting Elliot on the wing. I think Des got it right.

I also think Jetski is a good choice actually. He's not really a middle forward and that leaves Waddell on the bench to cover both front and back row. Boyle is only a prop and last week showed that Paseka is really more suited to prop than being out wide where his lack of mobility in comparison exposed him against the Warriors speed men. Though on this one I wouldn't have minded if Waddell had been picked in the back row.

Garrick has proven to be a better winger than centre. I certainly wouldn't be moving him and putting Elliot on the wing. I think Des got it right.

I also think Jetski is a good choice actually. He's not really a middle forward and that leaves Waddell on the bench to cover both front and back row. Boyle is only a prop and last week showed that Paseka is really more suited to prop than being out wide where his lack of mobility in comparison exposed him against the Warriors speed men. Though on this one I wouldn't have minded if Waddell had been picked in the back row.
Yeah we get to keep our bench rotation and just let the new guys (elliot and gosiewski) fill in and do a job. Garrick is a better winger I agree, but he must, MUST, stop coming in when defending set plays all the time

Brooks is the danger man, he seems to often go well against Manly.
Benji, Marsters, and Thompson can also be dangerous but seriously, we should win this match going away if we have any designs on finals footy this year.
Benji will be kicking grubbers all night to Gazza's wing as he was shown up so easily in his positional play by young Chanel :tmi:

I was thinking with DCE limping for most of last week we might name some cover on the bench like Croker. Cause if DCE was to go down early and we were being led around by Walker and Korisau in the halves I'd be pretty worried.

I think that's the big risk with naming Walker at 5/8 and not a genuine organising half in case of emergency.

I was thinking with DCE limping for most of last week we might name some cover on the bench like Croker. Cause if DCE was to go down early and we were being led around by Walker and Korisau in the halves I'd be pretty worried.

I think that's the big risk with naming Walker at 5/8 and not a genuine organising half in case of emergency.
Does anyone know what the deal is with the DCE injury?
I’d it the same as earlier in the season?
Has it been made worse by hurrying back to play Origin?
Is he needled up for every game?
Will it need another op?
Is it getting worse with play?

Does anyone know what the deal is with the DCE injury?
I’d it the same as earlier in the season?
Has it been made worse by hurrying back to play Origin?
Is he needled up for every game?
Will it need another op?
Is it getting worse with play?
Hang on, the answers to all these questions are about to be posted on the club's site.
Not!! Hahahahaha

Selection perfection by Des this week, minimising disruption to the team.

I think Elliot will go really well. Des is a big fan of his solid play and professionalism and you can bet Des has involved him heavily in training covering for different roles to keep him fit and involved and ready for just this ultimate circumstance.

Jetski I don't know, he has been a little rocks and diamonds this year but he is wholehearted and plays a Sironen type role.

I was really pleased to see Walker not moved to cover center - under the tutelage of a real coach he is fitting into the 5/8 role nicely.

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7