PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly think Elliot deserves to be rewarded above Cust.

des has said he’s young and there’s things he needs to improve.

Also I was really impressed with Elliot.

Agreed that cust has some things to improve on, his strong suits are really good, but the things that need work, really need work.

I really don’t get the forums fascination with Elliot, he was a serviceable replacement when tommy was out, but really doesn’t have too many strings to his bow and I can’t ever recall him playing centre at any of his four clubs.

Agreed that cust has some things to improve on, his strong suits are really good, but the things that need work, really need work.

I really don’t get the forums fascination with Elliot, he was a serviceable replacement when tommy was out, but really doesn’t have too many strings to his bow and I can’t ever recall him playing centre at any of his four clubs.
Billy has played centre a few times. In fact he was named at right centre for us earlier in the year when tommy cane back the first time and popped his hammy again. Ended up back at fullback covering for him for second half.

Can’t believe no one has conjured up the following scenario. We have a SOO class centre waiting to fill Hank’s boots. You know it makes sense

Elliot
Horhay
Turbo
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapok
Api
AFB
Thommo
Jetski
Jake

Fainu
Boyle
Waddell
Paseka

Smarter than the average bear there C & C!!

Not a bad idea at all

I don’t think it’s a fascination with Elliott , more just an acceptance that Des will take the safe route as his past has shown. I think a lot of people would like to see Funa have a crack ( I am one of them ) but history also shows Des usually gets it right.

Can’t believe no one has conjured up the following scenario. We have a SOO class centre waiting to fill Hank’s boots. You know it makes sense

Elliot
Horhay
Turbo
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapok
Api
AFB
Thommo
Jetski
Jake

Fainu
Boyle
Waddell
Paseka
I can see where your coming from there with Turbo in the centres but I think Turbo at fullback has more of a roving role and can strike any where any time

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Brendon Elliot
Moses Suli
Reuben Garrick
Dylan Walker
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Addin Fonua-Blake
Manage Fainu
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Jack Gosiewski
Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Api Koroisau Corey Waddell, Morgan Boyle, Taniela Paseka.

Walker stays at 5/8 , Elliott goes to centre , JetSki gets a start and fainu starts for me

Elliot
Horhay
Turbo
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapok
Api
AFB
Thommo
Jetski
Jake

Fainu
Boyle
Waddell
Paseka

That is actually a great option
Elliot is probably a better fullback than centre
Turbo has proved he can play centre and is a better centre than Elliot

I actually think Cust might have done well straightening our attack against the Warriors. We needed a dummy and go or off the hip to straighten our attack at times in that game. I think he will get the call up.

The way turbo is playing you don’t move him from fullback. His positional play is much improved and his ability to exploit a quick play the ball is basically our game plan. Moving him to the centres is insanity (unless you have Tedesco in your team).

Not sure how you did that spoiler alert thing but it was very clever!!
Capture+_2019-08-12-18-14-06.png

Choose the Spoiler in the popup and add what you want to call it

Then highlight the part of your post you want hidden (can be an image)
:eyes:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brendon Elliot
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Corey Waddell
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Manase Fainu, Jack Gosiewski, Morgan Boyle, Taniela Paseka.

Or alternatively.....

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Lachlan Croker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Corey Waddell
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Manase Fainu, Jack Gosiewski, Morgan Boyle, Taniela Paseka.

Agree with your first option, with a possible debut from Tevita Funa if Des sees him as a better fit for centre.

Just really don't want Dylan in the centres. His defence has not been great there, and he has been SO much better playing 5/8 being able to run the ball more

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8