PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the good things about Garrick other than his pace is that he has proven to have safe hands. Even though he's only a rookie its hard to remember when he has dropped the ball. So I think he could handle Benji's kicking to him.
Gazza had 3 scored in his corner, nothing to do with catching :confused:

Suli has changed jersey numbers this week.
Maybe Elliott will be on the RHS :nerd:

One more sleep :happy:

It’s honestly like he’s the second coming of Fulton on some of those FB pages. I don’t see any reason why you would want to shift Walker from 5/8th given how the team has been travelling with him there.

It really gets frustrating trying to talk sense to some of the pea brains that populate Facebook. They are Manly fans obviously, but most have zero idea about how the game is actually played.

You have to remember, that is the same mob who in the pre-season had Des putting Albert Hopoate straight into fullback as soon as he was eligible and permanently moving Tom to either the wing or centre to accommodate him. Of course, most of them have since shut up.....thankfully. Like I said, most have zero idea beyond "I like him and therefore Des MUST play him there".

Gazza had 3 scored in his corner, nothing to do with catching :confused:

Suli has changed jersey numbers this week.
Maybe Elliott will be on the RHS :nerd:

One more sleep :happy:

There were actually only two scored in his corner. And one of them was actually caused by DCE rushing up out of the line which saw a kick put in behind that caught the entire Manly right edge out, not just Garrick.

Garrick isn't the best defender, I'll agree with that. But he has improved.

I think after listening to the coaches comments I’d be surprised if the Auckland Sea Eagles turn up and am sure we will get the Brookvale Oval Sea Eagles.

There’s no doubt Des had a wry smile on his face when the question was asked about that game.

Maybe it’s the wake up call we had to have.

For what its worth ..........

tipsters-r22_1-top_20190814-1.jpg

One of the good things about Garrick other than his pace is that he has proven to have safe hands. Even though he's only a rookie its hard to remember when he has dropped the ball. So I think he could handle Benji's kicking to him.
I wish you hadn’t have jinxed him like that

And another thing he seems SO eager to learn and take every opportunity he gets. So with tries being scored down his side last week, I really think he would be doing all he can to fix that problem. And I have no doubt he would be able to do that with his athleticism and talent

I think after listening to the coaches comments I’d be surprised if the Auckland Sea Eagles turn up and am sure we will get the Brookvale Oval Sea Eagles.

There’s no doubt Des had a wry smile on his face when the question was asked about that game.

Maybe it’s the wake up call we had to have.

I so hope this is the case! We truly were hyped up so much. I mean, I was believing we were gonna come 2nd before last week lol!! But it’s good to come back to earth, be realistic and take it week by week. We’re back under Dessie’s radar for now!!

Let’s do it for Warwick Bulmer, who is in hospital after a fall at his home recently. The Daily Telegraph are reporting that quite a few players are looking to win and then make their way to the hospital to sing the team song ‘Wok’ generally leads, straight after the game.

Aw no this is so sad to hear! Sending my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8