PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually think Cust might have done well straightening our attack against the Warriors. We needed a dummy and go or off the hip to straighten our attack at times in that game. I think he will get the call up.

The way turbo is playing you don’t move him from fullback. His positional play is much improved and his ability to exploit a quick play the ball is basically our game plan. Moving him to the centres is insanity (unless you have Tedesco in your team).
I think Tedesco is the best player in the NRL at present. Recruit him with Tom in the centres and we win a premiership hands down.

Last edited:
Agree with your first option, with a possible debut from Tevita Funa if Des sees him as a better fit for centre.

Just really don't want Dylan in the centres. His defence has not been great there, and he has been SO much better playing 5/8 being able to run the ball more

I tend to agree about Walker because he has been a lot better at 5/8 lately than he has been at centre (who'd have thought that??). He's not as exposed defensively and by getting the ball earlier he has been running straighter and his passing and kicking have definitely improved. Especially at left centre, which coincided with Cust in the team, he was being crowded for room which often saw him running sideways rather than straight. Dylan is a better player when he not only gets his hands on the ball early, but when he runs straight.

As for Funa....I'm a bit dubious in having untried rookies there for what are must win games. At this stage of the season given the position we are in I'd much rather see Elliot there even if only for a couple of games than I would Funa.

View attachment 12147

Choose the Spoiler in the popup and add what you want to call it

Then highlight the part of your post you want hidden (can be an image)
:eyes:

I have mentioned how to do this 6 million billion trillion times!!!!!!!
Or maybe once or twice

If Mark is too busy on his one man's crusade to kill all the fish, it's not my problem anymore!

I’d just like to see Dylan do more of that straightening up run, draw in a defender, take a hit and pass to the outside. He did this a few times in previous weeks and reminded me of Foran. The upside is if the defence is sliding or he sees a gap he can hit it with his pace. I’m seeing potential for him to be a great 5 8th.

I agree. There are great signs he will be our long term 5/8. After the Storm game ,which was semi final intensity , Des was always going to use Dylan at 5/8 for the semis so shifting him for a couple of games doesn’t make sense, especially when the replacements are rookies.

He’ll go with Elliott I think ( who he has praised numerous times) and that would not be a major disruption to the way we have been playing with Dylan running direct and playing most of our footy in the middle third.

Our spread of try scorers right across the team shows it works. We don’t just score on the edges like most teams.
Pound the middle relentlessly looking for offloads from AFB and Marty or Fainu out of dummy half off a quick play the ball , then the unexpected quick shift to DCE hitting an edge backrower or out the back to Suli in space as the defence is sucked to the middle ( Garrick has loved this).

Last edited:
I agree. There are great signs he will be our long term 5/8. After the Storm game ,which was semi final intensity , Des was always going to use Dylan at 5/8 for the semis so shifting him for a couple of games doesn’t make sense, especially when the replacements are rookies.

He’ll go with Elliott I think ( who he has praised numerous times) and that would not be a major disruption to the way we have been playing with Dylan running direct and playing most of our footy in the middle third.

Our spread of try scorers right across the team shows it works. We don’t just score on the edges like most teams.
Pound the middle relentlessly looking for offloads from AFB and Marty or Fainu out of dummy half off a quick play the ball , then the unexpected quick shift to DCE hitting an edge backrower or out the back to Suli in space as the defence is sucked to the middle ( Garrick has loved this).

Agree, Elliottt to Centre makes most sense to me.

PS: guess we’ll know this arvo.

PSS: note @globaleagle I’m currently not murdering fish in fact I’m taking the bride to the Broome races today ( penance) and will be shaking in my boots tomorrow when she goes shopping for pearls ( more penance).

See, I’m not just a fish murderer!!

PSS: Spanish Mackerel on the BBQ last night , very tasty.

THURSDAY

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers, Lottoland, 7.50pm

Sea Eagles: Brad Parker copped a strange knee injury in their loss to the Warriors, twisting his knee while tapping the ball. The club has confirmed he will miss two weeks with a cartilage injury. Skipper Daly Cherry-Evans suffered an ankle injury but managed to finish the match against the Warriors and will be named, while second-rower Curtis Sironen has a hamstring injury that will keep him sidelined for 1-2 weeks.

Tigers: Second-rower Luke Garner could miss a week after being hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge. Garner will contest his charge at the judiciary on Tuesday night. Hooker Robbie Farah is also facing an uphill battle to play for the remainder of the season after scans confirmed a cracked tibia. He will go for more scans later in the week to confirm, but will not play Manly. Skipper Moses Mbye suffered a hip flexor strain against the Bulldogs, but the club said he will be given every chance to play in Round 22.

If Elliot is going to play I would prefer him on the wing and Garrick moving to centre. Elliot was great under the high ball at FB and wing is the other high ball target so makes sense to have him there. Garrick's fave position is centre so also makes sense him moving there.

My #1 choice would be TT to centre and Elliot to FB for the 2 games. That is the least disruption to our functioning unit continuing to gel and TT can roam in attack like he did in SOO.

Parker is potentially out for 4 to 6 weeks so might not play again this season. Whatever decision we go with wont just be a "fill the gap" for 2 weeks. It will more than likely be the option we go with through to the semis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7