PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looking at facts, not potential, I can't remember fielding a worse backline since early 2000s
Garrick,parker,elliot, Elgey all park footballers last year, tafua 4 years past his best and Suli is fat and lazy

Hope some of the kids come good, but that's a horrible backline.. Can't see any but dce getting a start at any other club
The reserves won't exactly have the Tugers frightened either.

Surprised no-one else seems to be going ape **** like me over this team announced?

Hahaha.

Maybe I'm wrong here.

Okay.......so of the 22 players available (the squad plus Kioa) who would you pick?

I'd be all for Funa over Parker but hardly worth going ape**** over

Bruised ribs approx 3 weeks - broken 6-7....painful....every breath is like knitting needles puncturing something and if you laugh....you cry.
Along with Sue on Waddell, was really looking forward to seeing him on the back of some good go forward...thought we finally had that explosive type backrower to exploit defences around the ruck !!

Bruised ribs approx 3 weeks - broken 6-7....painful....every breath is like knitting needles puncturing something and if you laugh....you cry.
Along with Sue on Waddell, was really looking forward to seeing him on the back of some good go forward...thought we finally had that explosive type backrower to exploit defences around the ruck !!
Can’t take a trick our boys. No depth and as soon as we do get a likely lad down he goes. And for a while by the sounds of it. He looks like a footballer with a feel for the game while JetSki seems to have crazy energy but little football technique or nouse. Waddell may be a big loss if wraps were right.

Des has basically picked his most experienced side available. Nothing wrong with that under the circumstances. After all, we are going in without both Turbo and Walker in the backline. Personally I don't think he really had much other choice.

We'll see how it goes on Saturday. I don't think its as bad as people think, and its not like Maguire has named a side that is likely to run away with the 2019 premiership. Obviously we'd be more confident if both Turbo and Walks were playing, but it is what it is and they aren't playing.

A few ex-Tigers in our team keen to perform before the Leichhardt faithful, that's a plus for us I'd say. Kapow, Siro, Suli (what's his nickname again?)

rsz_eeyore61_5881_5847.jpg
WinnieThePooh

@Ryan

Cheer up mate, it's not all doom & gloom.

Last edited:
our backline looks a bit weak but it is a reserve back line.

in a couple months time. Our backline could read very differently.

1. Turbo
2. Hopoate
3. Garrick
4. Walker
5. Funa

Looks alot stronger then. Hoppa needs time. Walker suspended. Funa will get a go as well.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8