PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Sharks [Round 7, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I will be basking in the after glow of hunter valley wine so will probably be watching the game the next day

what wineries Dan I am a member of a few up there? Sister in law has a villa at Cyprus Lakes we are up there all the time. Love the Hunter.

The player that has impressed me at Cronulla is Hamlin-Uele. He is a tank and gives the team a momentum boost when he comes on as a replacement. We will need Tent to do the same thing for us, and nullify Hamlin-Uele.
I understand his nickname is the Pied Piper (of Ukeleles).

what wineries Dan I am a member of a few up there? Sister in law has a villa at Cyprus Lakes we are up there all the time. Love the Hunter.
Favourite one is gundog love that place and get a quarterly delivery.

Generally we do usher Tinkler salumi next door but don't really like their wines.

Also heading up to the distillery as their native gin is awesome.

Because of only planning it this week and covid usher Tinkler has fallen through but headed to gundog. Happy to hear to others if you have suggestions we are just looking for a cruisy few days

Well I’m back , did I miss much ???

Same old same old really.

Turbo did his hammy, Walks broke his ankle and Parker knocked himself cold. And despite it all we put one over last years Grand Finalist with true grit, Manly style.

Sound familiar?

Oh ... and DCE dropped the F bomb in his post match interview with Fox League :rofl: :rofl: (it was that good and gutsy a win that even the Captain couldn't contain himself).

Last edited:
I think all the bases have been covered in this thread. (Nice job ladies and gents.) However I tell u what if ever there was a game when Reuben will need to have his kicking boots on, it's this one. 2 points here and there could be very handy with us missing a lot of strike power in attack. One thing i have noticed is he seems to be coming at the ball last few weeks a lot straighter rather than that more conventional around the corner curve approach to the ball - and he's been missing plenty as a result. Might just be me but I'm sure his technique has changed for the worst based on results lately. With players down I hope Reuben and DCE have been practising overtime. If we are to grind out a few wins over the next few weeks goalkicking needs to be prioritised. Go Manly

Interesting piece on the Steve Rogers Cup - Sea Eagles have won 19 of the 23 played. So one sided --- it'll mean more to them to beat Manly than the other way around. Hopefully the trend continues - 20 from 24 has a nice ring to it.

Absolutely must win this. We need to be putting these lesser sides away. The lads will take a lot of confidence out of last week. Plus the fact that we handedly beat the sharks twice last year with arguably weaker teams. No Chez or Turbo at shark park and then all the outs in the finals last year. I’m liking the match up of Funa v Dugan. Brendan Elliot and AFB seem to also enjoy playing the Sharks. I’m just praying for a W without any injuries or suspensions this week.

We'll win. Cronulla are struggling. Our pack should dominate theirs. If Ted DiBiasi can find a kicking game this week we'll be right.

Everybody's got a price
Cronulla's gonna pay
Because our Million Dollar Man
ALWAYS gets his way

HAHAHAHAHA

Attachments

• Ted DiBiase.jpg
    Ted DiBiase.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
Favourite one is gundog love that place and get a quarterly delivery.

Generally we do usher Tinkler salumi next door but don't really like their wines.

Also heading up to the distillery as their native gin is awesome.

Because of only planning it this week and covid usher Tinkler has fallen through but headed to gundog. Happy to hear to others if you have suggestions we are just looking for a cruisy few days

scarborough for whites, tullochs and brokenwood you can’t go wrong. I haven’t tried gundog I will put that one in the memory bank. Enjoy

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8