PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Sharks [Round 7, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Screenshot_20200622-195821_Samsung Internet.jpg

Expected teams
Manly
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Funa
4. Parker
5. Ruben
6. Croker
7. Cherry Evans
8. Marty
9. Levi
10. Blake
11. Thompson
12. Siro
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Jetski
16. Keppie
17. Boyle

Sharks
1. Moylan
2. Goodwin
3. Ramien
4. Dugan
5. Katoa
6. Johnson
7. Townsend
8. Woods
9. Brailey
10. Fatfita
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. Williams

14. Hamlin-Uele
15. Rudolf
16. Talakai
17. Hunt

I think we have them covered all over the park...

Their 1 to 5 as a group are far more talented but they can’t put it together thus far. If they do they can beat us.I expect we’ll win in a grind but I don’t think we’ll be winning games by big margins with Tom and DW out. Be right to the wire every game I reckon.Ill be over the moon with 3 or 4 from our next 6. We need that or top four hopes gone in short season.

This game will define our season. Such a great win last outing. But it's all fish and chip paper if they don't show up against the Sharks.

Raiders game took it out of our boys physically. Balance that out with the mental belief have probably gone up x10.

We just have a bad habit of just not showing up at all, for the games we should win. Add to that we knocked the Sharks out of the finals last year in a big way.

I think we need a freshen up and something a little different starting this game. For me that's Cust starting at either 6 or 9. Levi off the bench.

This game will define our season. Such a great win last outing. But it's all fish and chip paper if they don't show up against the Sharks.

Raiders game took it out of our boys physically. Balance that out with the mental belief have probably gone up x10.

We just have a bad habit of just not showing up at all, for the games we should win. Add to that we knocked the Sharks out of the finals last year in a big way.

I think we need a freshen up and something a little different starting this game. For me that's Cust starting at either 6 or 9. Levi off the bench.

I don't think we will take the Sharks lightly at all this week. I dear say if Tommy was playing this week we could be a little complacent after beating the Raiders. But having lost Walker and Tommy over the weekend will have us on high alert from kick off and a point to prove that we can win through adversity. I wouldn't want to be the Sharks this week.

I’d start keppie again and bring Marty off the bench to ensure we always have one of our big name props in the entire time. Games are win in the middle and furtunatly our pack will be at near in full strength. The sharks side is manufactured garbage with no sole or identity. Full of overrated has been who are past their best.

Expected teams
Manly
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Funa
4. Parker
5. Ruben
6. Croker
7. Cherry Evans
8. Marty
9. Levi
10. Blake
11. Thompson
12. Siro
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Jetski
16. Keppie
17. Boyle

That's pretty much how I expect us to line up. The only change might be dropping Jetski and keeping Paseka, but Jet is also a cover for centre so if the big boy does play it'll probably only be if Marty is out for another week or either Keppie or Boyle are rested.

Their 1 to 5 as a group are far more talented but they can’t put it together thus far. If they do they can beat us.I expect we’ll win in a grind but I don’t think we’ll be winning games by big margins with Tom and DW out. Be right to the wire every game I reckon.Ill be over the moon with 3 or 4 from our next 6. We need that or top four hopes gone in short season.
Far more talented lololol......I wait for the day when our boys are given the plaudits they deserve! I don’t see how the Sharks 1to 5 are “far more talented”. In what way? Funny how when the team is playing well everyone jumps on the bandwagon & jump off when the going gets tough!

Last edited:
Far more talented lololol......I wait for the day when our boys are given the plaudits they deserve! I don’t see how the Sharks 1to 5 are “far more talented”. In what way? Funny how when the team is playing well everyone jumps on the bandwagon & jump off when the going gets tough!
Couldn’t agree more Max. That sharks team is a joke. If graham and Nikita weren’t in that side they wouldn’t win a game. And as it stands they can barely win a game with them in the team. If their 1-5 is far more talented than ours perhaps they’d win more games.

Every game is a tough game but after last week we must have some sore bodies. Can't afford to start slow against any team in this comp so lets hope the boys are ready to rock. We have some exiting youngsters waiting for a crack. Lets go!

Well, for this game I’d say that I’m concerned, about our injury toll, but not alarmed; as our replacement players gave a good account of themselves on Sunday when they had to step up.

Plus, we own the gummies and have done for years.

I like Gosiewski but he does look a little underdone at the moment... very much doubt he will be starting at centre.

I think we will win this one, hopefully with no more injuries.

I like Gosiewski but he does look a little underdone at the moment... very much doubt he will be starting at centre.

I think we will win this one, hopefully with no more injuries.

I'd say given the circumstances, Jetski will be on the bench as he can cover the back row and the centres. But agreed, I wouldn't actually be starting him in the backline unless we were desperate.

I just hope the boys rest up, get back into training and have their heads on for the game.

No more first half ambushes. Watching most of the Brisbane game was bad enough.

I'm not sure how much 'shark' inspiration can be had by talking about "manly beating cronulla-sutherland" in 2 grand finals back in the 1970's to the current crop of players who weren't born then but maybe some remember us dumping them out of the finals last year.

Tis waffle.... I just mean to say I want the guys switched on and ready to play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7