PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look out Sticky, Brookie is coming to get you :devil:

images

Manly can win & need to win this Sunday. However, the Raiders are playing very well. At this stage of the season, I rate them as one of three sides capable of winning the comp, the others being Roosters (favourites) & Storm.

edited

Last edited:
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Gerard Sutton
Referee

Adam Gee
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

Nick Morel
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Ashley Klein
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like someone has been demoted this week but they still had to delegate him to our game.
David Munro is going to wish he made the right call last week !!! I’ll make sure he hears exactly what I think about his **** up

David Munro is going to wish he made the right call last week !!! I’ll make sure he hears exactly what I think about his **** up
Just hold up on your abuse on Sunday to the Touch Judges in our game against the Raiders as it more than likely to be misdirected to the wrong person.

Although https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-7/sea-eagles-v-raiders/ has Dave Munro down as one of the Touch Judges for our game against the Raiders, the NRL at https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-7/storm-v-warriors/ also has him down as the second Referee with Matt Cecchin for the Thursday Night Storm v Warriors game.

As HAPPILYMANLY pointed out at Post #23 to this thread, at https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-officials/ when you open up the Sideline Officials window, there is a Touch Judge named David Ryan so maybe the NRL just had a typo when they compiled their list of Match Officials for our game on Sunday.

After suffering their first loss in a month, and a controversial one at that with the 12-10 loss to the Dragons, Manly will be in no mood to give the Raiders an easy time at Lottoland on Sunday.

The Sea Eagles won this corresponding match at home last year 32-16 with Tom Trbojevic in devastating form scoring a try but setting up four others. He won't be at Lottoland this time and Canberra is a far different proposition 12 months on.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/23/sea-eagles-v-raiders-round-7-preview/

I predict another good performance especially in defense but without AFB and Tommy i think we fall just short, Raiders 1-12.

Without AFB, Turbo, Walker I think the Sea Eagles will lose by about 5-7 probably something close to 23-18. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

I’d love us to get up, however, we have little strike and they have plenty. Can’t see us winning if we can’t score more than 12-14 points. Raiders have 3-4 tries in them at a minimum.

Still, anything can happen and our attitude is fantastic and half the battle.

We just need Elliot to actually offer something in attack, everyone said he had it, I said he didn’t. And well, he doesn’t
He never had attacking potency, we were all raving about his willingness to compete for the ball and his successes at doing so (mostly). Need a big game from Taufua and hope Garrick can get some more involvement this week with fainu/api up the middle, we need his strike

Beside some individual brilliance or luck we need Suli, Elliot or Garrick supporting Kapow offloads and DCE who knows maybe Parker is hungry for more pies and Suli will follow ?

I wouldn't mind seeing Des give Garrick a licence to roam, similar to what we saw from Tom in Origin last year. Garrick has the pace to create a lot of havoc, especially up the middle if he's put into open space. Elliot isn't the supporting fullback type like Tom is so maybe giving that sort of role to Garrick, while also keeping him on the wing, might work in helping us score points.

Yep they're deadly, regardless how good our defence is, they will get over, just don't leak to many, but we have to find a wy to break theirs with limited attacking options.
Maybe try to run Boyle or Kapow 3 off to attract 3 or 4 defenders and open up some gaps with a sneaky offload or two. would require Api to be in his game with some snappy passes, I just can't see us getting anything our wide.

Our defence has definitely become a lot stronger this year. Teams are no longer breaking the line almost at will against Manly like they were, especially the way it was in the back half of last year. But, we do need to learn how to defend kicks a lot better. The Tigpies, Chooks, Warriors, St Merge.....most of their tries against us came from kicks.

He never had attacking potency, we were all raving about his willingness to compete for the ball and his successes at doing so (mostly). Need a big game from Taufua and hope Garrick can get some more involvement this week with fainu/api up the middle, we need his strike

Actually a lot of forumers said he was quick and evasive and a try scorer. Yet to see any evidence of that yet!

I’d wager 90% of his tries at previous clubs came from flopping over the line as a winger at the end of a backline move

Actually a lot of forumers said he was quick and evasive and a try scorer. Yet to see any evidence of that yet!

I’d wager 90% of his tries at previous clubs came from flopping over the line as a winger at the end of a backline move
As I recall Elliot did ok against us when playing for the chooks back when Tooves was coaching us, being an old bugger I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 he scored but it broke us as I remember

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8