PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Raiders [Round 7, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last game without AFB. If we win this with a good performance, it sets us up well for when AFB comes back. This game will prime us up for our mid-season surge up the ladder. Next couple of weeks see a lot of the top 8 play each other. If we beat the Raiders, Dogs and Broncos in the next 3 then we could easily finish in the top 4. Lose the Raiders game and it could put us under pressure to not drop out of the 8.

Shiite .... I remember when we used to have pre-game discussions .. like adults ... like serious grown-ups ....

Now we have lowered our expectations and standards ,, and are going to settle for pre-game chats ....

Shiite .... I remember when we used to have pre-game discussions .. like adults ... like serious grown-ups ....

Now we have lowered our expectations and standards ,, and are going to settle for pre-game chats ....

My goodness.... Nicotine gum not working over the last few days???

:p

OXoN.gif

Hopefully Annersley has instructed the refs to hand us most of the 50-50's to make up for last week's daylight robbery.

It'll be a tough one I think. Raiders have finally got some runs on the board. I remember when Ricky was telling us that they won't win a game until they can get a few SOO players in the roster.

Maybe that's what Seibold should say....

Oh wait, oops.

Go Manly. Oh to have the full team on the park.

I am a bit worried about this game. Our edge defenders will have to continue to perform like they have if we are going to be a chance. Will have to watch Hodgson in the middle as well.

I don’t know where the points will come from, hopefully we can get them up the middle with Fainu and DCE. Wish TT, AFB or Walker was in for some strike power against the Raiders defence.

Hope those lucky enough to be there can get a bit more boisterous this round and put some pressure on the refs. Our crowds haven’t been great at it lately.

I can see why we have started out as favorites for this match, I am not taking to much away from where the raiders sit on the ladder or their stats. Other than the Storm ( beaten) and Toweling up the Eels, their other games have been against out of form or teams dealing with their own demons.
That said they are a danger in the back line so hopefully our defence can stay rock solid and shut down the ball movement and second phase play, Api defends well enough to cover Hodgons but his kicking may worry us, Elliot will have to be on his toes in good field position close to the line, our main issue and my biggest worry as everyone knows is going to be attack, where are the points coming from ?
Beside some individual brilliance or luck we need Suli, Elliot or Garrick supporting Kapow offloads and DCE who knows maybe Parker is hungry for more pies and Suli will follow ?

Agree with @Tomay the crowd has to show up and demonise the refs.
GO MANLY

I can see why we have started out as favorites for this match, I am not taking to much away from where the raiders sit on the ladder or their stats. Other than the Storm ( beaten) and Toweling up the Eels, their other games have been against out of form or teams dealing with their own demons.
That said they are a danger in the back line so hopefully our defence can stay rock solid and shut down the ball movement and second phase play, Api defends well enough to cover Hodgons but his kicking may worry us, Elliot will have to be on his toes in good field position close to the line, our main issue and my biggest worry as everyone knows is going to be attack, where are the points coming from ?
Beside some individual brilliance or luck we need Suli, Elliot or Garrick supporting Kapow offloads and DCE who knows maybe Parker is hungry for more pies and Suli will follow ?

Agree with @Tomay the crowd has to show up and demonise the refs.
GO MANLY
Great summary. We have the edge in the forwards and halves, but their back five are deadly. You make a very good point about the opposition the Raiders have faced thus far, huge game for us after the deflation of last week.

Last edited:
I think our best chance of a win is catching the Raiders on an off day. They've been up for a while now and won some games on the trot and we all know it is hard to stay up week in week out in the NRL. If they Raiders turn up, they'll be hard to beat. They have pretty solid defence and we are down some attacking threats.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named his team to play Canberra Raiders at Lottoland on Sunday, April 28, at 2pm.

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Moses Suli

4 Brad Parker

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Kane Elgey

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Toafofoa Sipley

9 Apisai Koroisau

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Manase Fainu

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Corey Waddell

17 Morgan Boyle

18 Kelepi Tanginoa

19 Sam Smith

20 Lachlan Croker

21 Taniela Paseka

Canterbury Cup team

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/23/blacktown-workers-team-to-play-mounties/

Jersey Flegg team

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/23/jersey-flegg-team-to-play-raiders/\

SG Ball team (Preliminary Final)

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/23/sg-ball-team-to-play-roosters-in-preliminary-final/

If the Raiders are up for it I think we’ll struggle , especially after that draining tough game last Saturday.

But I’m not sure any team can keep a high level going week in and week out so perhaps we’ll catch them on the downside.

Hope so as if rather be 4/7 than 3/7.

Raiders present danger right across the park. The fullback has gumption, Rapana Leilua and Wighton can bust tackles plus they can all throw the ball around. What’s worse, all their Pommy forwards are quite crafty and skilful.
We’re just going to have to belt them, in a controlled organised manner of course. It’s probably our only option.

Great summary. We have the edge in the forwards and halves, but their back five are deadly. You make a very good point about the opposition the Raiders have faced thus far, huge game for us after the deflation of last week.

Yep they're deadly, regardless how good our defence is, they will get over, just don't leak to many, but we have to find a wy to break theirs with limited attacking options.
Maybe try to run Boyle or Kapow 3 off to attract 3 or 4 defenders and open up some gaps with a sneaky offload or two. would require Api to be in his game with some snappy passes, I just can't see us getting anything our wide.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8