PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Parramatta [Round 10, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMG-20200713-WA0001.jpg

Clint Gutherson says Parramatta aren't expecting a Manly side seeking revenge for what happened six weeks ago when the old foes meet again on Saturday night.

This contest is on Sea Eagles turf at Lottoland with fans sure to remind the Eels of how they felt robbed of a win when Tom Trbojevic's pass to Reuben Garrick was ruled forward at Bankwest Stadium in round four.

"It's one of those things – forward pass is a forward pass. Teams get beat like that all the time. Bad calls happen," Gutherson said.

"We're not looking at it like that. We should have put that game away much earlier than we did

- Well, pin that quote up on the wall.

King Gutho’s Head to Head record against Manly since leaving the club will be 7 wins and 1 loss after this game

I’m looking towards next year for now. Any win from this point without Turbo or Fainu this year is going to be a good one
Why do you call him king gutho? Whats he the king of ? ****s done nothing but win a spoon and act like an arrogant fool

I have absolutely nothing sound to base this on given recent form but I have a feeling we will upset them this weekend. Not dissimilar to the knights game where some on here predicted Ponga running wild on us and we came out and should have won it. We need to somehow disrupt and rattle them early as others have said and turn it into a grind. They have been up for a while Parra, but for whatever reason I just don’t rate them that highly. Been given such a leg up playing practically all their games at bank west. Maybe I’m clouded by my utter disdain and hatred for the eels but I refuse to concede we can’t beat them on Sat.
The difference is the knights are **** like us. Concede my friend its ok

WE MAY BE SINKING BUT ,,,,,
SEA EAGLES HAVE WINGS AND WE WILL RISE ABOVE ADVERSITY AS WE ALWAYS HAVE DONE
WATCH THIS SPACE FEATHERED FRIEND

Ah the eternal optimist. Failure for you is a non word. You didn't write Churchill's speeches during WW2 did you Bozo? And yes I know...Churchill won

I'm beginning to wonder if young Hopa and Schuster have jumped ship. Their name isnt even being mentioned in the 21...not once. I get the impression there's something amiss. Does anyone know if they are still with us?
They will both play NRL this year, I'm pretty sure. Des puts a lot of thought into choosing the right time to bring young talent into top grade, and I can't think off the top of my head of times he's stuffed it up. Have patience is my suggestion. Could even be next week.

Cutting down on the unforced errors and better completion rates will go a long way to making the team competitive and even matching up better against the higher ranked sides again . Even with some key personal still out , no reason why better confidence levels and some individual performances can not be improved on also . Not too sure of the wisdom with persevering with guys like Jet Ski and Croker though notice that Hamole is 18 th man and Schuster surely can not be too far away from a call up if some of the bench continues to play below par . Bringing forward Harper's move to Manly can only mean some concern with the outside backs and thought that Funa was unlucky to be demoted . Would expect the team to lift big time this week,, not assured but many in the side down on form recently were playing really well only a few weeks ago so must have it in them somewhere to lift their individual games and effort and after the last few game 's indifferent form ..

Why do you call him king gutho? Whats he the king of ? ****s done nothing but win a spoon and act like an arrogant fool

To be honest with you, at this point I’m just using the nickname cause a small few on here are extremely precious about it. If Manly are going to keep losing to teams I absolutely hate like Melbourne, Parramatta and the Dragons then I want to have a little fun along the way.

I honestly can’t believe how much some panties get in a twist over “King Gutho” lolol

Does this signing have something to do with his goal kicking ability?
This is an area we have been ****house for years. We consistently have one of the worst goal kicker in the comp. From all reports this guy is a good goal kicker

Does this signing have something to do with his goal kicking ability?
This is an area we have been ****house for years. We consistently have one of the worst goal kicker in the comp. From all reports this guy is a good goal kicker

Could be.

I've always thought that the amount of work, tactics, efforts, weights, training, practicing...everything(!) that goes into scoring those 4 little points on the weekend - that when that's followed up with basically a free shot at 2 points, or 50% of what a try is worth (and all the damn work that goes into scoring one) - then the kicker should damn well practice his butt off and be at 90% plus!

That's badly typed but in essence - Teams work super hard scoring a try.... you be damn sure to kick the conversion.

But that's from my couch/undies/jack daniels ala @Woodsie 's comments.

I remember when Jamie Lyon was asked about his 70% rate (or less) at the time he just said to the interviewer "yeah well...how many have you kicked?" I was less than impressed with the champ.

An overconfidant looser club whose having 1 good half season out of 50 poor ones vs a desperate winner club who can't loose 4 in a row and we're at home. It's a recipe for an ambush. Manly by 4.

An overconfidant looser club whose having 1 good half season out of 50 poor ones vs a desperate winner club who can't loose 4 in a row and we're at home. It's a recipe for an ambush. Manly by 4.
That is uncharacteristically positive from you mate.

I'll take it as a good omen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4