PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Parramatta [Round 10, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wish I had Bozo's confidence, but I cannot see how we will beat them. They've got us covered everywhere.

Granted, we have three quarters of the spine missing and our best forward as well, but we have depth like a puddle.

The Dalai will send them out with the explicit instruction to tire us out with repeat sets (remember those ? That's when you tackle the opposition in goal from a deft kick. Rumour has it, it's possible).

They'll score 2 or 3 tries at the end of the half and go in about 16 ahead. The second half they'll put us away with another 2 or 3 and then relax because they know they've got it won. We'll score a try without about 10 to go off a ricochet or something equally as unimpressive. You know those ones when you're so far behind, they're's no point celebrating ?

Final score 32-4.

And then Des will give his usual 3 minute presser where he'll give no answers of any substance before proceeding to name the same side for the Cowboys game.

Boy I hope I'm wrong. But no matter how I slice it, I just can't see it ending any other way.
I will happily have this thrown in my face come 9:30 on Saturday night if we manage to win.

I hate Parra.

Really there's only one way they lose.....total and absolute complacency by them, and shear arsy good luck by us to score the first 2, right in front (so our Mr 30% kicker can actually convert) and the Eels drop their bundle after Gutherson, Sivo & Jennings suffer match ending HIA's or similar.

Yeah I know pretty fanciful but otherwise I'm expecting maybe 54-4

I wish I had Bozo's confidence, but I cannot see how we will beat them. They've got us covered everywhere.

Granted, we have three quarters of the spine missing and our best forward as well, but we have depth like a puddle.

The Dalai will send them out with the explicit instruction to tire us out with repeat sets (remember those ? That's when you tackle the opposition in goal from a deft kick. Rumour has it, it's possible).

They'll score 2 or 3 tries at the end of the half and go in about 16 ahead. The second half they'll put us away with another 2 or 3 and then relax because they know they've got it won. We'll score a try without about 10 to go off a ricochet or something equally as unimpressive. You know those ones when you're so far behind, they're's no point celebrating ?

Final score 32-4.

And then Des will give his usual 3 minute presser where he'll give no answers of any substance before proceeding to name the same side for the Cowboys game.

Boy I hope I'm wrong. But no matter how I slice it, I just can't see it ending any other way.
I will happily have this thrown in my face come 9:30 on Saturday night if we manage to win.

I hate Parra.
So, the big question remains: Foetal position in a darkened bedroom, blocking your eyes and ears and waiting for it to be over, or hiding behind the couch and sticking your head up every now and then while hoping for the best? These are apparently our only options.

Really there's only one way they lose.....total and absolute complacency by them, and shear arsy good luck by us to score the first 2, right in front (so our Mr 30% kicker can actually convert) and the Eels drop their bundle after Gutherson, Sivo & Jennings suffer match ending HIA's or similar.

I don't know about other fans but I sleep better after Manly gets thrashed - such as last match - than when they get robbed in close games, such as against Doesn'tmatta and Newcastle. Last week there was nothing to get upset about, except for team selections. They were totally outplayed. But when they are competitive and the Vidiot makes decisions that impact the outcome it is infuriating and it gnaws away at me.
I never expected them to beat Illawarra, who are our bogey side. When you go through the two teams on paper there would only be a handful of Manly players that would make Illawarra's starting 13 -- Kapow, Sirro, Jake and DCE, I'd suggest.
Unfortunately it is much the same with our opponents this Saturday.

I don't know about other fans but I sleep better after Manly gets thrashed - such as last match - than when they get robbed in close games, such as against Doesn'tmatta and Newcastle. Last week there was nothing to get upset about, except for team selections. They were totally outplayed. But when they are competitive and the Vidiot makes decisions that impact the outcome it is infuriating and it gnaws away at me.
I never expected them to beat Illawarra, who are our bogey side. When you go through the two teams on paper there would only be a handful of Manly players that would make Illawarra's starting 13 -- Kapow, Sirro, Jake and DCE, I'd suggest.
Unfortunately it is much the same with our opponents this Saturday.
I'm the same, mate. Slept like a baby after that St Merge flogging, largely because I could see it coming all week. The week before, after the Newcastle debacle, I barely slept a wink. Guessing I'll get a peaceful slumber Sunday night as well.

The only way the slimes can lose is if they turn up expecting to go through the motions and win but implode and fall so far behind even their guardian angels in yellow cant save them. Supertramp wrote a song about this called "Dreamer".

Yep. I've been thinking our best shot is so many game-ending injuries to their key players in the first five minutes they they can only field 10 players for the rest of the game. And even then, we might not sneak away with it!

So, the big question remains: Foetal position in a darkened bedroom, blocking your eyes and ears and waiting for it to be over, or hiding behind the couch and sticking your head up every now and then while hoping for the best? These are apparently our only options.

I think I'll go with..............

fetal.jpeg

Guys/ladies,

If the team goes into the game with the attitude that many of you are showing, we will be decimated.

Our boys need to have a positive attitude, a belief in themselves and a knowledge that they can beat these guys; after all we would have gotten the 2 points last time except we had to endure an incorrect decision.

Come on boys, have a dig, you can win this!

Go ’Eagles.

Guys/ladies,

If the team goes into the game with the attitude that many of you are showing, we will be decimated.

Our boys need to have a positive attitude, a belief in themselves and a knowledge that they can beat these guys; after all we would have gotten the 2 points last time except we had to endure an incorrect decision.

Come on boys, have a dig, you can win this!

Go ’Eagles.
The players and the coach obviously don't read our pearls of wisdom or else the team wouldn't be in the predicament they now find themselves in.

Not sure why all the hate for Paseka .... I see a kid slowly improving every week .... he may not be improving as fast as we like ... but he is improving ..... will continue to grow into himself for mine ...
Just by looking at him, it's hard not to compare him to players like Taumololo, Haas and David Fifita, all of whom started young and made an immediate impact. Paseka might be slowly improving, but as far as 2020 goes, the team is rapidly running out of time. I'd love to see him make his mark on a game. I'd settle for a single hit-up that makes me sit up say, "Wow! Get a load of the big guy!"
Maybe it's unfair, but there was a lot of hype when we signed him and he didn't come cheap. He's had plenty of time to settle into the NRL now and I'd still pick Keppie, Boyle and Sipley ahead of him every time.

Not sure why all the hate for Paseka .... I see a kid slowly improving every week .... he may not be improving as fast as we like ... but he is improving ..... will continue to grow into himself for mine ...
Yeah but I just don't remember him doing anything particularly special in all his chances. Not even really any amazing runs, he is just so soft that I think he may not even be worth it if he doesn't genuinely show us anything

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8