PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 20, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If, and it’s a massive if, Perenara let’s the game flow. The forwards will cancel themselves out. For mine it’ll be the Nase, DCE, and Tommy show up against Newcastles spine of Watson, Pearce, and Ponga. Last 10-15 minutes of each half . So much speed, talent, up the middle, it’d be like touch footy on roids. If the game is allowed to flow......:wasntme:
"The forwards will cancel themselves out"........even Klemmer would find it difficult to oust anyone from our forward pack! The rest forget. Not one would even get considered......maybe a reserve position if at all!
  • Addin Fonua-Blake / David Klemmer
  • Manase Fainu / Connor Watson
  • Martin Taupau / Daniel Saifiti
  • Joel Thompson / Lachlan Fitzgibbon
  • Curtis Sironen / Mitchell Barnett
  • Jake Trbojevic / Tim Glasby
If we contain Klemmer we will cream their forward pack!

"The forwards will cancel themselves out"........even Klemmer would find it difficult to oust anyone from our forward pack! The rest forget. Not one would even get considered......maybe a reserve position if at all!
  • Addin Fonua-Blake / David Klemmer
  • Manase Fainu / Connor Watson
  • Martin Taupau / Daniel Saifiti
  • Joel Thompson / Lachlan Fitzgibbon
  • Curtis Sironen / Mitchell Barnett
  • Jake Trbojevic / Tim Glasby
If we contain Klemmer we will cream their forward pack!
When you match them up I agree. But I was taking into account Brown wielding the axe, final notice for others, and commenting on being ashamed of some of their non-competes. Kicks in the arse from your coach don’t come much harder than that. I just think their forwards will be on a mission to match it with ours. Which leads me to believe it’ll be Spine v Spine in the wash up.

When you match them up I agree. But I was taking into account Brown wielding the axe, final notice for others, and commenting on being ashamed of some of their non-competes. Kicks in the arse from your coach don’t come much harder than that. I just think their forwards will be on a mission to match it with ours. Which leads me to believe it’ll be Spine v Spine in the wash up.
If our forwards allow theirs to out muscle us then they should be dropped to reserve grade. I’m pretty confident our boys will not allow that to happen & I’m sure Des will also.

NRL .com Match preview ..

Brett Kimmorley says
The Knights desperately need to win here after what they’ve done in the last month. They need that energy and upbeat football to come back. They key for them is going to be Kalyn Ponga and Mitchell Pearce. In Manase Fainu, Manly have a young hooker who is playing an unbelievable brand of football. Sea Eagles by 10

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/30/sea-eagles-v-knights-round-20-preview/

I'd expect drugcastle to have a lot of energy early. Players motivated (klenmer) and the recalled players.
If we can out tempo them and kick away from pongy I think we will run over them.

Personally I hope the Knights forwards are really fired up for this one - a nice aggressive start to the game should shake any complacency out of us and get us firing too. Coupled with a big parochial crowd I think we’ll be right up for this. Go Manly

We have the team that has ability and character to win this game .

The game is ours pending on how bad we want it

The desperate Knights will come out firing all guns blazing and as long as they do not out enthuse us we will put them to the sword .

Come 5pm Saturday we will wish Newcastle's finals footy hopes good night and send the bastards back home licking their wounds .

Not sure how ticket sales are going but I really hope we get a BIG crowd on Saturday for the game !! The weather is perfect and atmosphere at the last home game was amazing !! Let’s pack brookie out again

Very nervous about this one

Newcastle have copped some heat and will be well up for it

I think this game will be a cracker!
I expect plenty of hostility from both packs and wouldn't be surprised to see a send off or two.
Throw in old boys round and a big crowd it will be close, Manly by 10.

Very nervous about this one

Newcastle have copped some heat and will be well up for it

Yes feathered friend , the knights have copped some heat over the last few rounds and have melted down and out of the top 8

To make things worse for them they will be up against the hottest team in the comp the The Sizzling Sea eagles

The heat will continue for the Knights this weekend with temperatures they wont be able to bare

download (1).jpg

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
Actually the boys need to learn how to lift for a game when favourites and win. Poor mind set cost us against the Titans in first round and in the first half against Souths a few weeks ago. Good side know how to play at their highest level when favourites. Let’s see if we have come of age.

Obviously Ponga is the major threat and i expect him to pull some rabbits outa his ears. If we handle that then wel win comfortably.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8