PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 20, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I swear, the amount of people on Facebook who are crying because Cade Cust isn't even in the 21 is incredible. Don't get me wrong, Cade is a good player but he has deficiencies in his game that are best worked out at Blacktown rather than first grade right now given that we're fighting for not only a spot in the top 4 but in the Finals, because its still not a given.

The reality is that right now as far as the 5/8 pecking order goes it seems to be Walker, Croker, Cust and LG in that order. With Api back in at #19, unless things go wrong or injuries hit I can't see Cade back in first grade for a while.
Great to see Cust has plenty of fans and I am one of them . Time will tell who will excel feathered friend

The war is still on': Fonua-Blake ready for round two with Klemmer

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...r-round-two-with-klemmer-20190730-p52c6w.html

Addin Fonua-Blake knows he came out on top in his sensational first battle with David Klemmer this year.

"Addin was over the moon, he knew he won that battle, but the war is still on, and we'll re-live that moment this weekend," said Manly prop Marty Taupau, ahead of Saturday's rematch between two of the best front-rowers in the game at Brookvale Oval.

Guess who came out on top [that night]? It was Addin. And I expect it again from Addin as well. He loves it. He's a jester. He loves being the centre of attention and he always lives up to expectations.

"I don't know where to start with him, he's been outstanding. Playing alongside him, [seeing] his journey the last three or four years now, he's developed into this bigger, better person.

"He's playing out of his skin. He plays within the rules. He doesn't break the rules, he bends them."

Klemmer and the Knights clearly thought Fonua-Blake took it too far when he collected Mitchell Pearce high off a kick-off back in round five and was quickly sent to the sin-bin.

Fonua-Blake and Klemmer engaged in a war of words as he slowly came from the field before Newcastle fans ripped into the Tongan with some vile abuse.

Klemmer said that spiteful night Fonua-Blake should have been sent-off for his Pearce hit.

"[Pearce] is our playmaker, we're trying to come back into the game. Obviously I'm very close to Mitchell, so seeing something like that, that's not part of rugby league," Klemmer said. "If that's the person he is, if that's how he wants to portray himself [carrying on afterwards], if he thinks that's fine to do on the rugby league field, that's him. If that's the persona he wants to have, so be it. That [tackle] could have been a lot worse."

Gun Manly No. 1 Tom Trbojevic said of Fonua-Blake: "Everyone is finally seeing the player he is. He's been awesome for us and I expect no different this weekend.

Klem' has been the best front-rower in game the last four or five years, we'll have to deal with him, and I'm glad we've got some really good middles who can do that."

Not only will Fonua-Blake and Taupau take the fight to Newcastle on Saturday afternoon, the home side know they are lucky to also have Jake Trbojevic in the middle.

Even Tom expected his older brother to be suspended for the lifting tackle on Melbourne's Jahrome Hughes on Saturday night, especially after Issac Luke was charged with a lifting tackle on the weekend and Nick Cotric was suspended for three games for a similar tackle two weeks ago.

"There was no malice in what he did, he knew the circumstances and it was a tackle that went wrong and he was disappointed at the thought he would miss some footy," Trbojevic said. "Fortunately for him it was only a grade one and he got off with an early guilty plea.

"I'm unsure how the match review committee grades tackles, but I initially thought he'd miss a game or so.

"He played 90 minutes in the middle for us on the weekend, he made 60-odd tackles - I haven't made 60-odd tackles my entire career and he made them in one game. That sums up how important he is to us. It's super-human some of the stuff he can do."

Trbojevic was also keen for the battle of the fullbacks and rated Knights opposite Kalyn Ponga one of the best in the game who was capable "of doing things nobody else can do".

Manly announced to the rest of the rugby league world they were genuine contenders after their epic golden-point win over the Storm in Melbourne, but they know the challenge will be backing that up on Old Boys' Day on the northern beaches.

I swear, the amount of people on Facebook who are crying because Cade Cust isn't even in the 21 is incredible. Don't get me wrong, Cade is a good player but he has deficiencies in his game that are best worked out at Blacktown rather than first grade right now given that we're fighting for not only a spot in the top 4 but in the Finals, because its still not a given.

The reality is that right now as far as the 5/8 pecking order goes it seems to be Walker, Croker, Cust and LG in that order. With Api back in at #19, unless things go wrong or injuries hit I can't see Cade back in first grade for a while.
FB Manly fans are the trailer trash end of the supporters. Full of one-eyed biased sheep-cuddlers who have very little idea about the intricacies of the game. It's much akin to a cult group with abuse and disdain shown for anybody with an intelligent critical opinion.

We can do them but we cannot afford not to put less than 100% in. The Knights are dangerous.

I did enjoy being at the last Knights Manly game at Newcastle. Some particularly entertaining fan correctly pointed out that the bin for AFBs hit was a joke as it was the lowest high tackle anyone's ever seen.

FB Manly fans are the trailer trash end of the supporters. Full of one-eyed biased sheep-cuddlers who have very little idea about the intricacies of the game. It's much akin to a cult group with abuse and disdain shown for anybody with an intelligent critical opinion.

That's just facebook in general.

It certainly does attract some unique personalities. A platform for human voices with unintended consqeuences.

Danger game for the team. After the big win, will there be the expectation that we just turn up to win? We have history in previous seasons when this occurs, we play awesome against the big teams and lose the ones we expect to win. Hopefully the coaching staff are reminding the guys that they do actually have to play good football, and have great defence to beat the Knights. Spoke to a few Newcastle Players at a function yesterday and they all said they had a few surprises in store for Lottoland attendees. Seems the Knights are up for it.

Danger game for the team. After the big win, will there be the expectation that we just turn up to win? We have history in previous seasons when this occurs, we play awesome against the big teams and lose the ones we expect to win. Hopefully the coaching staff are reminding the guys that they do actually have to play good football, and have great defence to beat the Knights. Spoke to a few Newcastle Players at a function yesterday and they all said they had a few surprises in store for Lottoland attendees. Seems the Knights are up for it.

This is more of a danger game than Melbourne I reckon.

The Knights are desperate.

We might be complacent.

I get worried by games like this.

We are on a high and our confidence is up

We are peaking and they are leaking points and losing games

It is a game between the Desperate knights and the Defiant Sea eagles who keep proving all the doubters wrong

***We have not busted our arses all year to come this far for the Knights to out enthuse us and take the games away from us on our sacred fortress.***

In this life there are two types of people . Ones that fear and the ones that have faith

Have faith in our winning Sea eagles feathered friends ,

D5hWAakW0AURGHM.jpg

Can someone post the team up please ( just announced) I’m on 1 bar of 3G where I am, text is ok , slow but ok, but anything that has pictures is impossible.

PS: I’m at Barn Hill Station about 100km south of Broome, a Queenie off the beach this morning so Queenfish fillets on the BBQ tonight!!
FMD, I'd never heard of that place so just googled it. Looks nice but you really are in the middle of no where.

Little concerned with us being a bit flat after that gutbuster in Melbourne BUT I'd be more worried about this game if we weren't going to get a big crowd. Think the atmosphere Saturday should help shrug off any hangover type fatigue.. Makes such a difference at Brookie when it's loud. We are twice the team on those big days. When it's Thursday night and flat we usually play accordingly.

So the more the merrier on Saturday

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10