PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone wants the highlightof the week follow @ellakasmar on Twitter . Each week she videos herself reading the team sheet , the expressions on her face tell it all ( turn the sound off for the first run through).

The ones for rounds 2-5 were absolutely priceless.

I don’t even bother looking at the team sheet now , straight to Twitter , watch Ella and enjoy the ride !!

PS: she nails it , these are the looks you get, the “ ho hum”, “ the goody he’s back “ and the “ no **** not him again “ and finally the “ well that’ll have to do look”.

Give it a try it’s fun.

Brisbane will have a simple game plan for Friday night, blowing up Manly through the middle with their big men...the first 15 minutes really need to be on point defensively in the middle.
On the flipside, these Brisbane boys will run out of juice and we in turn can expose them in exactly this area...once Bronco's are scattered and have a zig-zag slow defensive line we can knock down the front door up the guts and also catch them out wide with space and numbers.
The game itself will be decided by how Manly can control tempo and momentum in the middle third...Bronco's will implode if we match or beat them centrally and without their glue in Carrigan protecting the centre field, could turn them into tissue back end of each half.

We are playing a desperate team in front of their family and loved ones and they all would love nothing more than their team smashing us .

Desperate people do desperate things that some times works in their favour

If we become complacent we become vulnerable to the Broncos desperation

Des needs to keep us focused and have our Eagle eyes on the Prize

Recall how in last season "s encounter , they got the jump on us literally with those edge bombs for Coates in particular . Hopefully with Saab and Garrick out on the flanks , this can be defused well if they try the same tactics. Would certainly be good to get another valuable two points after such a difficult season 's start and with the top 8 now beckoning . Should be able to match them in all areas and to be able to go on with it if everyone is focused and on their game .

Reynolds has his Souffs number tattooed on his neck in prominent sight. I wonder if he'll apply make-up to cover it when he's in those ghastly yellow and maroon jumpers?
What about that other souffs player who had his postcode tattooed on the side of his neck!

EDIT: I stand corrected by Google - the player I'm referring to is McQueen, who had "1070" tattooed on his neck, which apparently was his Souffs player number too.

I assumed it was his postcode because it was 4 digits & it wouldn't surprise me.

What are these guys thinking???

Reynolds has his Souffs number tattooed on his neck in prominent sight. I wonder if he'll apply make-up to cover it when he's in those ghastly yellow and maroon jumpers?
Maybe he can put the donkeys No on the other side, that’s if there’s any room left, but seriously i think he will be privately shattered and would have wanted to play out his career in red and green as a one club man and stayed loyal to South’s

Maybe he can put the donkeys No on the other side, that’s if there’s any room left, but seriously i think he will be privately shattered and would have wanted to play out his career in red and green as a one club man and stayed loyal to South’s
Think you are right and I doubt he’ll reach the same heights up here due to the enormous pressure on him.

But only time will tell.

The one good thing about Magic Round is that the place won’t be packed with Donkey fans.

They all lose their members seats for this round and there’s heaps of other club fans sitting in the stands.

Ive only attended one Magic Round Friday night , and largely the ground was anti Bronco’s and pro Manly ( much to my surprise ).

Very much the classic "danger game", especially if the players have been reading the recent press and are thinking that they're better than they really are. Hope Des has them primed for a genuine 80-minute performance. (Can probably throw a few more footy cliches in, but you get the idea…)

Brisbane will have a simple game plan for Friday night, blowing up Manly through the middle with their big men...the first 15 minutes really need to be on point defensively in the middle.
On the flipside, these Brisbane boys will run out of juice and we in turn can expose them in exactly this area...once Bronco's are scattered and have a zig-zag slow defensive line we can knock down the front door up the guts and also catch them out wide with space and numbers.
The game itself will be decided by how Manly can control tempo and momentum in the middle third...Bronco's will implode if we match or beat them centrally and without their glue in Carrigan protecting the centre field, could turn them into tissue back end of each half.
Carrigan is a massive loss. Capt and key defensive forward. They basically have a pack of prop forwards bar Riki. Agree re the first 20 or so. I wonder if he starts Keppie over Marty. I like Marty in as an impact forward but I guess Sips is doing that too. Guac is also a big dude so can stiffen up the middle. Right now I reckon we have a really well balanced pack:
2 good working props in Paseka and keppie
2 impact explosive types props in sips and Marty
One explosive big backrower who’s capable to fill in the middle in Guac
One creative backrower who’s also strong and can make a break in Schu
An all round lock in Jake who can ball play, play 80 and tackle all day as well as slot in up front when required.
What’s not to like!

The one good thing about Magic Round is that the place won’t be packed with Donkey fans.

They all lose their members seats for this round and there’s heaps of other club fans sitting in the stands.

Ive only attended one Magic Round Friday night , and largely the ground was anti Bronco’s and pro Manly ( much to my surprise ).
I can’t recall if the game where Tom got taken out was magic round or just double header. That was my last. I think the pick of the days to go is def Friday night. Very little interest in the other games this weekend tbh. In fact if u look at it the draw was almost handpicked for one sided games based on last years results
Raiders v dogs
Storm v drags
Roosters v cows
Penrith v Titans
Parra v warriors (not as bad I guess)
Souths v sharks

Here will do

Hey @ellakasmar

One of your tweets made foxsports!

anyway...carry on.
Famous !!!

If anyone wants the highlightof the week follow @ellakasmar on Twitter . Each week she videos herself reading the team sheet , the expressions on her face tell it all ( turn the sound off for the first run through).

The ones for rounds 2-5 were absolutely priceless.

I don’t even bother looking at the team sheet now , straight to Twitter , watch Ella and enjoy the ride !!

PS: she nails it , these are the looks you get, the “ ho hum”, “ the goody he’s back “ and the “ no **** not him again “ and finally the “ well that’ll have to do look”.

Give it a try it’s fun.

Hahahahaha!! I am so glad I am happy most weeks with the team list now lol! Those first few weeks were noooooot funnnnn

How long does it take to grow his other head now he's signed with the two headed donkey's ?
If its a quick process he'll have a clean slate to ink up.

Carrigan is a massive loss. Capt and key defensive forward. They basically have a pack of prop forwards bar Riki. Agree re the first 20 or so. I wonder if he starts Keppie over Marty. I like Marty in as an impact forward but I guess Sips is doing that too. Guac is also a big dude so can stiffen up the middle. Right now I reckon we have a really well balanced pack:
2 good working props in Paseka and keppie
2 impact explosive types props in sips and Marty
One explosive big backrower who’s capable to fill in the middle in Guac
One creative backrower who’s also strong and can make a break in Schu
An all round lock in Jake who can ball play, play 80 and tackle all day as well as slot in up front when required.
What’s not to like!
I like this post.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4