PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have had 2 losses in the pouring rain and 2 wins on a dry track. The rain disabled our power ,second phase and open running game. The last 2 weeks has shown what type of team we are and the type of footy we will be playing.
With our desperation and much improved resilience, I see us a real threat for this match. Another tight game on the cards.

Can only Hope NZ airport has a IT glitch...

Getting a bad feeling about this game, not because Turbo is out, though it doesn't help, we coughed up a lot of ball last week,only winning on the back of a mountain of defensive work, as good as that was with some cracker hits, are we up to do that back to back ? It would be a monumental effort to back that up his week If we again turn over possession in a similar way. If we can hold the ball for longer periods, we can get the win, I just can't see the same intensity in defense for long periods if silly mistakes are made with the ball.

That said, I hope we snap em like twigs....
Go Manly !!!

If the funeral is in Palmerston (where I believe his family is from) then he will be travelling for a full day each way. Add to that his ongoing contract negotiation and possibly failed experiment at 5/8 and there are plenty of reasons for his game to be off.
He will almost certainly turn up and give our backs a flogging.

STAT THAT MATTERS

* Manly's defence has been strong late in the match, conceding just eight points in the final 20 minutes period of a game, the fewest in the league.

* Daly Cherry-Evans will play NRL game number 200, all of which have come for the Sea Eagles. He will become the 20th player to play 200 games for the club.

* The Knights are looking for three straight wins over the Sea Eagles for the first time since winning six straight games from the 1997 grand final to Rd 16, 2004.

MD today

Why Hasler scares his players

image.ashx

Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker makes a break against the Rabbitohs last Saturday. Picture: Getty Images.

SEA Eagles centre Brad Parker has given an insight into the coaching methods of Des Hasler, revealing how the “fear factor” had helped lift his performances this season.

“He puts a bit more accountability on me,” the Manly junior said.

He makes me so scared to do something (wrong), I won’t do it again.

“This pre-season I would drop a ball and he would just scream at me and I’d freeze up that much.

“And the next week I just won’t drop a ball.”

Parker said Hasler was also very good at giving him tips on how to work on his game in areas like catchpass and how to carry the ball.

“He always analyses everything and picks up on things I don’t see, and with his video he shows where I can improve,” Parker said.

BIG HELP, BY JORGE

AFTER playing on the wing last year Parker is now finding his feet starting at his preferred position in the centres.

He credits winger Jorge Taufua and suspended teammate Dylan Walker with also providing great support.

Taufua will give him a rev up on the field if he needs it.

“ ‘Walks’ is still around the camp, he still picks me up on my game and tells me where I can improve,” Parker said. “And he tells me when I am doing well and that gives me a lot of confidence.” Parker, 22, comes off contract at the end of the season and right now just wants to focus on his football. “I’d prefer to stay at Manly, ”he said.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4