PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a previous poster said we will start most games as underdogs without Tommy.
I’ve watched every knights game and they have been awful. Ramien( best three quarter) rarely touches the ball as on the odd occasion they go right they either cut him out or play short to their average backrowers. They seem to go to Hyman Hunts side a lot who is average and now Ponga is at fullback Ramien sees even less as Ponga plays left religiously too.
Forwards lack muscle other than Klemmer and Glasby Guerra etc are hardly scary on the edges.

Having said that they will be desperate and the men in pink will be ready to strike to earn the gratitude of the crowd. Had a feeling we would sneak home last week but this week I think Toddy will be looking to end our run via his pink minions.And of course if Ponga has a day out who knows.

Golden point !

Last edited:
This game worries me. They will click at some point and our backline struggles to fire without Tom.

Our forwards must destroy theirs if we are going to win.

Not a punter myself ... but somebody at the "kingmaker" table this morning told me that we were rank $3 outsiders ... Is this correct?

Is Conor Watson playing? He seems to be the victim of all the positional changes.
I thought he had some potential in the games last year.

Elgey V Lino!

Not sure if any pun is intended there, but Lino is a good player - had some excellent games for the Warriors last year.

Am concerned about this game as Newcastle will perform better with Ponga at fullback. He played very well last week.

I have a sinking feeling this week, Knights due for a win and Manly due for Thier obligatory poor performance.

Not sure if any pun is intended there, but Lino is a good player - had some excellent games for the Warriors last year.

Am concerned about this game as Newcastle will perform better with Ponga at fullback. He played very well last week.
Let's be honest neither is in great form right now.
Elgey is getting better though.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8