PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I agree with the thoughts of those here about this weeks lather, rinse and repeat team ... if we win and win well no one will be complaining (well, not about much anyway). And we'd all end up with egg on our faces.

If we don't win on Sunday then changes will be needed. And I don't just mean we need Turbo, Walks and AFB back in the side. Though I get the feeling though that changes won't be all that fast in coming other than for injuries.

Isn't it funny how quickly the tables turn on here. A few losses and people are emailing the membership team about not renewing next year. Those staff members on the other end must be soooooo worried @:D
It’s not about the losses.....it’s about our player retention, signings & losing our youngsters because they’re neglected & not given an opportunity......yet we continue to pick players who are not performing but contributing to our losses!!! It’s frustrating & YES losing members no matter how few would be worrying coz we have fvck all members compared to other clubs as it is & that’s not anything to laugh about!

It’s not about the losses.....it’s about our player retention, signings & losing our youngsters because they’re neglected & not given an opportunity......yet we continue to pick players who are not performing but contributing to our losses!!! It’s frustrating & YES losing members no matter how few would be worrying coz we have fvck all members compared to other clubs as it is!

How do you know that these youngsters deserve a spot? Maybe they're not putting in 100% at training, maybe they're not willing to learn?

Sometimes you just can't go off talent on highlights videos, players have to prove that they are ready to step up to NRL. We all know Des is big on attitude and will sit down with each player to try and get the best out of them, however if Des' isn't getting a reaction out of them, then they're not ready for NRL.

Sometimes it's better to go with what you know, than the unknown.

Hahaha yeah I guess so but fvck me it’s difficult!

i get you feel the need to send a message to the club me too email the club i did yep they ignored me f***ing brilliant email too one of me best maybe i use too many big words but if we all do it maybe someone gets the message

How do you know that these youngsters deserve a spot? Maybe they're not putting in 100% at training, maybe they're not willing to learn?

Sometimes you just can't go off talent on highlights videos, players have to prove that they are ready to step up to NRL. We all know Des is big on attitude and will sit down with each player to try and get the best out of them, however if Des' isn't getting a reaction out of them, then they're not ready for NRL.

Sometimes it's better to go with what you know, than the unknown.
I doubt they’re not putting in mate.
So we just keep selecting non performers? We continue to not have belief in our youngsters? Thank God you’re not a coach!

So we just keep selecting non performers? We continue to not have belief in our youngsters? Thank God you’re not a coach!

That's why we're both not coaches and I trust the decisions to a two-time premiership winning coach. Not throw my toy out of the cot after a few weeks.

If it were say over a 12 month period, I may see things differently, but not right now.

I think that us as fans deserve better.
Why can’t the club and Des explain why they are going down this route of continually playing those players who are not delivering any value to the club on a weekly basis. 2 wins in 7 games does not add up.
Maybe there is a method in Des’s madness , but until we know why ,it is really hard to enjoy the rubbish we are getting served up.
I still remain Manly forever but I would like some answers !!!

That's why we're both not coaches and I trust the decisions to a two-time premiership winning coach. Not throw my toy out of the cot after a few weeks.

If it were say over a 12 month period, I may see things differently, but not right now.
No probs mate....everyone has their opinion.

I doubt they’re not putting in mate.
Fairly big holes in that logic...” doubt they’re not putting in”... How do we know that? The coach is with them, and the whole group, plodders and all, for about 40 hours per week. He sees a hundred times more than the rest of us do. He sees attitude, he sees skill, he sees decision-making, he sees strength, endurance, toughness. He sees mental qualities, strength of personality, ability to learn. He then balances that with the available players, experience in a position, where we need experience and where we need to take risks. Ok, he’s not much of a risk-taker... and yes, I too wish that he was, and that we took a punt on Funa this week, and maybe Hoppa. But remember, Hoppa hasn’t even played a game of reggies, last time he played a season was in U18s. Massive leap of faith to chuck him in there, I’d say...

I think that us as fans deserve better.
Why can’t the club and Des explain why they are going down this route of continually playing those players who are not delivering any value to the club on a weekly basis. 2 wins in 7 games does not add up.
Maybe there is a method in Des’s madness , but until we know why ,it is really hard to enjoy the rubbish we are getting served up.
I still remain Manly forever but I would like some answers !!!
If WE know...everyone knows.

There will definitely aspects of "why" that need to be kept confidential..possibly many of them.

Just one thing I would like to remind everyone of; when Des was signed the club made it clear that he would not have full control of the salary cap. This is probably a BIG factor.

Stick around a while more there Mark. How does it go...there's always next# year:giggle:
Yep that’s how it rolls , some days are diamonds and some days are stone.

There’s some pretty stirred up people on here at present so thank **** I’m heading Bush for a few weeks ( although I will have intermittent range).

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6