PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is the side I expected Des to pick
Thommo & Sirro were always Going to come straight back in at least Olakau'atu gets on the bench
Would have like for Funa to hold his spot in the centre’s , He is an improvement on Parker , As for Jorge he holds his spot cause Funa is a better centre even though Funa would be safer under the kicks that will come Jorges way
Hoppa needs a run on the wing to see how he goes before he could get a chance in the fullback position
Like most of us would have liked to see the changes
Did anyone really think Des would make so many changes I think not
I didn’t think of mass change, the most disappointing thing about team selection is with the team loosing there is a message being sent from Des that if you play poorly I will pick you next week.

Players need to be held to accountability of poor performance.

Des hasn't got a clue, or at least, listening to you lot he must be crazy!
I agree though, he's barely made 5 grand finals out of 15 seasons coaching.
That's a mere 33%, plus he only won two of those.
Bloke's clearly a dinosaur who doesn't understand the modern game.
Geez I wonder how much money we are wasting on this clown ;)

I didn’t think of mass change, the most disappointing thing about team selection is with the team loosing there is a message being sent from Des that if you play poorly I will pick you next week.

Players need to be held to accountability of poor performance.
On the surface it looks like that , Your right , In Funa’s case he plays well then gets dropped he should have held his spot
Elliott holds his spot idk why , Sirro and thommo there not going that bad to not come straight back in
If any consolation it’s the same side that beat the slime but with Olakau'atu comes in for Jetski

I have just sent an email to the club they have got the last bit of money I will be putting into the club. Two memberships will not be renewed. This is past a joke the same spuds picked every week.
How would you feel to be a young bloke at the club?you would be wanting out we are the only club who doesn't trust youth and as a supporter it is embarrassing that in 2020 Jorge,Elliott,Parker,Gosiewski,Croker are considered our best options.

Don't even try to be our best player in a game like Olakau’atu or Cust as Des just drops you.

How the hell can Des justify Funa getting dumped? **** me Des you have made it impossible to even enjoy the game this season.

Finally why sign Harper mid season and not give him a run?

I have just sent an email to the club they have got the last bit of money I will be putting into the club. Two memberships will not be renewed. This is past a joke the same spuds picked every week.
How would you feel to be a young bloke at the club?you would be wanting out we are the only club who doesn't trust youth and as a supporter it is embarrassing that in 2020 Jorge,Elliott,Parker,Gosiewski,Croker are considered our best options.

Don't even try to be our best player in a game like Olakau’atu or Cust as Des just drops you.

How the hell can Des justify Funa getting dumped? **** me Des you have made it impossible to even enjoy the game this season.

I can hear Newcastle cheering from here that Jorge has been picked again

I honestly hope we get beat 60-0
I agree not because I want it but Des and the club deserve it and maybe someone will tell Des to get an actual idea he is asleep at the wheel.

We jag a win Des will play the loyalty card to players who don't deserve it for another year.
Keep picking the same trash they will eventually win a game doesn't mean they are not trash.

How does hoppa go from final 19 to out of the squad completely after we got beaten by the warriors and get replaced by the very limited and jorgesque miski.

how do croker, JetSki, Elliot and Tafua continue to get picked and when did thommo last prove that’s his incumbency is more valued than our man of the match last week

this is absurd. it’s too late for slow and steady this year. We need new blood and some value put back in gaining a jersey.

I fear I’m gonna explode with all the dum dum and lethargy from this team on Sunday. a good number of them have physically and mentally checked out

hoppa was cover for Elliott who received a head knock the week before. I don’t wish ill health for Elliott but surely he could get a bout of gastro for the next few weeks. Lol

Team list as expected.

Get it done.
Get it done .... I am with you feathered friend
Lets put things in perspective .....
All those players selected by Des got the job done for him before
They were capable to have gotten the job done before and they can do it again
The season is not over and neither are our hopes for the top 8
We are only one win from the top 8 and this weeks win could very well be the one
The fact is feathered friends and I repeat those facts is that the players selected have done the job before
Those players selected have done the job before

They have proved us all wrong before and they can do it again
So lets get right behind them !!!

knights at home.. ponga v manly future immortal Brendan Elliot.... only plus for us is no bradman best to carve us up. We can expose green getting him 1 on 1 but he will get several repeat sets in the game. I already have a box of tissues ready

No
Get it done .... I am with you feathered friend
Lets put things in perspective .....
All those players selected by Des got the job done for him before
They were capable to have gotten the job done before and they can do it again
The season is not over and neither are our hopes for the top 8
We are only one win from the top 8 and this weeks win could very well be the one
The fact is feathered friends and I repeat those facts is that the players selected have done the job before

They have proved us all wrong before and they can do it again
So lets get right behind them !!!

scratching out scrappy wins isn’t my idea of getting the job done. The idea of doing enough doesn’t lead to getting better - which we need to be just to scape into the finals, let alone win a game in those finals

there a several players who haven’t delivered all year and simply don’t deserve a spot in the side

I won’t be renewing my membership either! I’m done with this $hit!

hoppa was cover for Elliott who received a head knock the week before. I don’t wish ill health for Elliott but surely he could get a bout of gastro for the next few weeks. Lol

If that’s true and he wasn’t also included in the squad to put Elliot and taufua on notice. Then the mindset of our coach and team is proper ****ed

knights at home.. ponga v manly future immortal Brendan Elliot.... only plus for us is no bradman best to carve us up. We can expose green getting him 1 on 1 but he will get several repeat sets in the game. I already have a box of tissues ready
Agree and so frustrating , that Albert Hoppa doesn't even get the chance to try and carve them up and he is the same age as Bradman Best.

I dont particularly like Parker but he is better than Funa. Did you see Hiku stand him up easily & set up a try for the winger last week. That was embarrassing school-boy defence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4