PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
but why be loyal to a player like Elliot who is average and told to look elsewhere for next year. Then there is a potential gun full back who cannot even get a go and is the future and we need some spark at the back. Elliot just slowly meanders back, falls down and surrenders in front of the defense and we are on the back foot from the get go.

Hoppa will go, just like we moved on gutho. Young promising Manly juniors who are stuck behind deadwood

I agree, but we have said that for the last 2 weeks and nuthing, nada.

The result will be what it is. Plain and simple, if Ponga plays to his potential he will carve us with Pearce and Green kicking behind Tafua and into corners, it will be a long afternoon.

Forwards really have to dominate so we play thru them. No speed to play round them.
Jorge doesn't have to chase Pearce's kicks - comfortably over the dead ball line

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ashley Klein
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't expect any favours from the Vidiot Box this week. Hairy Pairofarseholes is the Senior Review Official.
smemotions24.gif

Er, many but not everyone.
I find the reaction here quite funny.
History lesson, back in 2010 Des is the coach who delayed the debut of prodigious young talent Will Hopoate till Round 13. This despite regular fullback Brett Stewart suffering a season-ending injury in Round 1. Des preferred Ben Farrar to deputise at the back.

He brings in young players in a considered and careful way, always has. He hasn't suddenly lost his mojo or lost touch with how to play the modern game. History shows when Des does select them they are ready to excel.
Don't discount the importance of experience!
Ben Farrar was 10 x the player Eliot is

This is ludicrous....I know we have a few key injuries....but there Must be something more to it, as EVERY other team with young guns half as talented as Schuster an Hoppa are getting an opportunity...as an example I reckon both Bellamy and Robinson would throw these boys in ahead of Goweski, Elliott, Waddell and more....talent over an experienced below average player all day - every day.
The sad part is I really appreciate what Des has done for Manly and reckon there is NO better motivator in the NRL coaching ranks...will watch again Sunday with a patch of hope and a prayer

It'd be good if someone from the inner circle could explain the thinking here. We've had unusual and frustrating selections int he past, but in all my years following Manly I don't recall so many at the same time. Some of these young guys deserve a go and we really need them.

I echo the sentiments of everyone this afternoon, so no need to repeat what has already been said. But I will ask a different question: how long is Des contracted for? It may be time to look to what's next as the game has left Des behind.
Answer to your question: end 2021.

How does hoppa go from final 19 to out of the squad completely after we got beaten by the warriors and get replaced by the very limited and jorgesque miski.

how do croker, JetSki, Elliot and Tafua continue to get picked and when did thommo last prove that’s his incumbency is more valued than our man of the match last week

this is absurd. it’s too late for slow and steady this year. We need new blood and some value put back in gaining a jersey.

I fear I’m gonna explode with all the dum dum and lethargy from this team on Sunday. a good number of them have physically and mentally checked out

That is the side I expected Des to pick
Thommo & Sirro were always Going to come straight back in at least Olakau'atu gets on the bench
Would have like for Funa to hold his spot in the centre’s , He is an improvement on Parker , As for Jorge he holds his spot cause Funa is a better centre even though Funa would be safer under the kicks that will come Jorges way
Hoppa needs a run on the wing to see how he goes before he could get a chance in the fullback position
Like most of us would have liked to see the changes
Did anyone really think Des would make so many changes I think not

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8