PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes only the wooden spoon could be uglier.

I'm afraid I'm an economy level member, but still love the club.

I fear this year's road to be travelled has mine fields aplenty and across a bridge too far, before the destination is reached.

Knights, Rabbits, Storm, Tigers, Bulldogs, Titans and Warriors. Should win 4 but even that may be optimistic. Of course they may win them all, but I doubt our wins will get us over the line into the finals.

The question of Turbo and Walker? Both weeks away it seems and is it worth risking them or letting them get fully over their injuries for '21? I really think Des should be giving as many of the young players a shot, just for the experience with an eye on next year.

Anyway enjoy your sojourn in the hinterlands, old bushwhacker.

And exactly NONE of those youngsters had only played 20's before and had come off BIG injuries. Just sayin'.
Umm yeah a few of the Penrith youngsters DID come straight from 20s mate. There was actually an article that I read on Foxsports. The only one of ours who’s had an injury is Hopoate. Schuster hasn’t been injured as far as I understand, same with Olakau’atu, same with many others.....just sayin’
Do you think anything will change next season with selections. If Taufua, Parker, Elliott, Gosiewski, Waddell are still here they WILL be selected ahead of Hopoate, Schuster, Olakau’atu, Titmuss, Saddler......Again just sayin’

Latest update on Tommy from the NRL Casualty Ward section

Star fullback Tom Trbojevic will have scans on his hamstring this week to see whether he has the "integrity" in the muscle to move onto the next stage of his rehab. If not, he'll have to wait.

Fingers crossed
Are these the same scans that revealed his hammy is as strong as ever ???

I hate the words “ true supporter” but if you are a true football fan you have to learn to take the good , the bad and the downright ugly.
Mark I have been loyal since 1975 & will always be Manly but it’s become so difficult since Barrett & now Hasler have taken over. I never said I’d stop supporting the team, I said I’d cancel my membership......I also say a lot of things in the heat of the moment but these selections Des makes week in week out are hard to fathom mate! I worry that we will lose our best young players & be left with other clubs leftovers & that pi$$es me right off. I understand these young guys haven’t played reserves or 1sts but can they be any worse? Funa keeps getting dropped to accommodate tortoises in Taufua & Parker....as much as I love both of them! Surely Funa should be keeping his position? It’s a gamble to just throw a youngster into 1st grade I know but it couldn’t be any worse than what we have & it could pay huge dividends!!!! Ok I feel better now.....

Umm yeah a few of the Penrith youngsters DID come straight from 20s mate. There was actually an article that I read on Foxsports. The only one of ours who’s had an injury is Hopoate. Schuster hasn’t been injured as far as I understand, same with Olakau’atu, same with many others.....just sayin’
Do you think anything will change next season with selections. If Taufua, Parker, Elliott, Gosiewski, Waddell are still here they WILL be selected ahead of Hopoate, Schuster, Olakau’atu, Titmuss, Saddler......Again just sayin’

You're almost right Madmax. Schuster, who is I believe a year younger than Hopa, did injure himself (I think it was the hand) at the end of 2019. However he was fit enough to play the trials earlier this year and so I believe he's been ready to go since then. Hopa has been fit since June, I believe but someone indicated a minor training injury, though I think that's all behind him also

Fairly big holes in that logic...” doubt they’re not putting in”... How do we know that? The coach is with them, and the whole group, plodders and all, for about 40 hours per week. He sees a hundred times more than the rest of us do. He sees attitude, he sees skill, he sees decision-making, he sees strength, endurance, toughness. He sees mental qualities, strength of personality, ability to learn. He then balances that with the available players, experience in a position, where we need experience and where we need to take risks. Ok, he’s not much of a risk-taker... and yes, I too wish that he was, and that we took a punt on Funa this week, and maybe Hoppa. But remember, Hoppa hasn’t even played a game of reggies, last time he played a season was in U18s. Massive leap of faith to chuck him in there, I’d say...
He also sees what is happening on game day when it counts, but is doing nothing to fix that. Been discussed in another thread, some are big day performers and others buckle under the pressure

Annesley admits Hetherington could have been sent off
NRL Head of Football Elite Competitions Graham Annesley says if Jack Hetherington had been sent off he wouldn’t have been disappointed but it is typical with the way these matters have been dealt with in the past...

Yeah yeah sorry Manly. coulda gone either way but y'know...I'm sick of saying sorry to you so well... this is what you get.

Now... no one say anything bad about refs... 'cause they are amazing and officiate with so much competence and...intoddgrity!

Annesley admits Hetherington could have been sent off
NRL Head of Football Elite Competitions Graham Annesley says if Jack Hetherington had been sent off he wouldn’t have been disappointed but it is typical with the way these matters have been dealt with in the past...

Yeah yeah sorry Manly. coulda gone either way but y'know...I'm sick of saying sorry to you so well... this is what you get.

Now... no one say anything bad about refs... 'cause they are amazing and officiate with so much competence and...intoddgrity!
Farking cheets

Farking cheets

He went on about there's been 750 judiciary charges but only 3 stemming from a send off (of which our own afb was one) over the last..I dunno ...7 years.

And so those tackles usually don't result in a send off.

blah blah blah.

Of course no journo followed up his prepared speech with a:

"that's all well and good but don't you all go on about player welfare being number one??"

Mark I have been loyal since 1975 & will always be Manly but it’s become so difficult since Barrett & now Hasler have taken over. I never said I’d stop supporting the team, I said I’d cancel my membership......I also say a lot of things in the heat of the moment but these selections Des makes week in week out are hard to fathom mate! I worry that we will lose our best young players & be left with other clubs leftovers & that pi$$es me right off. I understand these young guys haven’t played reserves or 1sts but can they be any worse? Funa keeps getting dropped to accommodate tortoises in Taufua & Parker....as much as I love both of them! Surely Funa should be keeping his position? It’s a gamble to just throw a youngster into 1st grade I know but it couldn’t be any worse than what we have & it could pay huge dividends!!!! Ok I feel better now.....
Good that you got that off your chest .

I understand fully and during game day threads I’m as bad as anyone on here BUT in the light of day I always calm down and realise it’s just a footy game.

I dont particularly like Parker but he is better than Funa. Did you see Hiku stand him up easily & set up a try for the winger last week. That was embarrassing school-boy defence.
We don’t talk about defense mate (unless it’s Jorge) It’s only what players offer on attack. In saying that I would have liked to see Funa on the wing for Jorge but knew it wouldn’t happen

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7