PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would get behind them but after being at the last 2 games live at brookvale oval I just can’t.

they we horrible last week and things could get very ugly if we are not careful

And that will be on Des.

BTW, not the team I would have picked, but it is what it is.

With this season's hopes dashed I wonder where the boys will be spending their vacation time. Obviously the normal haunts -- Bali, Gold Coast, Las Vegas -- are off limits.
Perhaps on the beach at Collaroy, where DESpicable can cosy up to his favourites....

Yeah gobsmacked. Surely changes had to be made ! How did Tafua keep his spot is beyond me. As a fanatic Manly supporter I obviously hope we will win but to be honest I just cant see it happening by picking the same team every bloody week. ! He did the same thing at the Dogs and unfortunately we are heading down the same path to oblivion..

Same ole same ole team.

Let's get behind the team 100% and kick Newcastle's arsse!!

Yes, I am trying to be positive and optimistic. To spend the next 4 days bitchhing about the team is pointless.
I would rather lose so that there is some hope for the long term. Another smashing just makes use closer to proper first grade selection - actually giving youth a go.

I echo the sentiments of everyone this afternoon, so no need to repeat what has already been said. But I will ask a different question: how long is Des contracted for? It may be time to look to what's next as the game has left Des behind.

Been a while since I have hoped we get spanked by 50...

Getting fed up with Des now. He ruined the bulldogs and it's hard to argue that the mistakes that made the Bulldogs the joke of the club they are today haven't carried through to this side.

Wish Toovs never got sacked.
I have said this before but in my mind until the guilty parties of the 2V’s sacking leave this club and he is back within our club as either ceo or coach we won’t be winning any GF anytime soon.

Sadly my prediction has so far been right, think there are political plays going on behind the scene which are causing devision in this club.

very sad times indeed

I would rather lose so that there is some hope for the long term. Another smashing just makes use closer to proper first grade selection - actually giving youth a go.

I agree, but we have said that for the last 2 weeks and nuthing, nada.

The result will be what it is. Plain and simple, if Ponga plays to his potential he will carve us with Pearce and Green kicking behind Tafua and into corners, it will be a long afternoon.

Forwards really have to dominate so we play thru them. No speed to play round them.

I echo the sentiments of everyone this afternoon
Er, many but not everyone.
I find the reaction here quite funny.
History lesson, back in 2010 Des is the coach who delayed the debut of prodigious young talent Will Hopoate till Round 13. This despite regular fullback Brett Stewart suffering a season-ending injury in Round 1. Des preferred Ben Farrar to deputise at the back.

He brings in young players in a considered and careful way, always has. He hasn't suddenly lost his mojo or lost touch with how to play the modern game. History shows when Des does select them they are ready to excel.
Don't discount the importance of experience!

Picking same old failures like Jorge is just putting the noose around Des. The top teams have all invested in young players, we are so reluctant to unless absolutely forced.

We dont score from kicks and we concede plenty its such a big weakness and it is NEVER addressed!

In all seriousness - who was expecting any different. Nobody sticks with his players through thick and thin than Des. He hears no outside noise. Think it just makes him dig his heels in even more. This forum will be a fun place the first time they kick behind Jorge to score on Sunday, or when Elliott gets dragged back into the in goal.

Disappointed for Funa I thought he was great last week and would have liked to see his effort rewarded.

Picking same old failures like Jorge is just putting the noose around Des. The top teams have all invested in young players, we are so reluctant to unless absolutely forced.

We dont score from kicks and we concede plenty its such a big weakness and it is NEVER addressed!

Your not going to get many fans ( if any ) disagreeing with you. Our lack or impact from attacking kicks and the feast the opposition has against us in contrast has cost us plenty of games this year and will be the difference between us playing finals and having Mad Monday when the rounds finish. And with this lineup it's not gonna change.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7