PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Dylan Walker was one of the most damaging centres in the game. Hasler has broken him
Lachlan Croker could just about take a crap on the field and be selected
Unsure what Reuben Garrick has to do to lose his spot?
Assuming Parker / Suli tandem is impressing Desmond.

Team if it were up to I and we got exemptions
1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Koula 6. Foran 7. DCE 8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Aloiai 11. Gosiewski 12. Parker 13. Trbojevic
14. Schuster 15. Saddler 16. Keppie 17. Taupau
18. Keighran 19. S.Fainu 20. Funa 21. Tuipolotu

I really don’t understand the Schuster selection in the back row but I guess I’m happy to go with it. Otherwise nothing changes. Far East it’s round 3 and I’m already over team list Tuesday. Hopefully this is a Des smokescreen

i back it and hope he sticks with them

Does anyone here really think another player in our squad would have done better in the Chooks flogging and flooding weather v rabbitohs?

Chopped and changed all year last year. Its not like Harper is some hidden gem with international player potential being overlooked... keep it consistent I say.
It's more about Walker being selected at Centre...thats where he was a SOO player.

Looking from another angle is perhaps even worse....Garrick, Boyle, Croker would be on the bench of reserve grade at Storm, Rooster, Penrith....but get this, I reckon Olakau' Atu would likely be in any of the top sides Top 17 and killing it.

I really don’t understand the Schuster selection in the back row but I guess I’m happy to go with it. Otherwise nothing changes. Far East it’s round 3 and I’m already over team list Tuesday. Hopefully this is a Des smokescreen
Why, he has played plenty of backrow coming through

It's more about Walker being selected at Centre...thats where he was a SOO player.
each to their own

i'd rather the best player in a more crucial position (fullback > centre) considering we have about 6 centres on the books who can do a fair enough job (harper, parker, suli, tuipolotu, funa etc) and no actual fullbacks besides the man on the sidelines

Looking at the reserves list with 3 backs I'm fully expecting a late switch of Funa/Harper to the back. Walker to the centres and Park to the bench in a Chris Lawrence type role

Team if it were up to I and we got exemptions
1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Koula 6. Foran 7. DCE 8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Aloiai 11. Gosiewski 12. Parker 13. Trbojevic
14. Schuster 15. Saddler 16. Keppie 17. Taupau
18. Keighran 19. S.Fainu 20. Funa 21. Tuipolotu

Mine:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Christian Tuipulotu (goal kicker)
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Keiran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Morgan Boyle

OUT: Lachlan Croker, Reuben Garrick, Brad Parker (show some accountability)
+ Could swap Foran / Schuster

We can beat the Dragons if DCE plays a simple game with composure and leads by example. I'd be telling him to keep it simple and just give Suli early ball, support any break and give yourself plenty of time to kick.

Then we just need the middle forwards to show up with the same intent as last week - that's where we beat the Dragons who have an average pack.

Is anyone on here expecting us to beat Illawarra at the 'Gong this Friday night?
Not me. We couldn't even beat them there when we had a decent team.
I find it so disheartening to read our team sheet. It's the same failures being picked.
At least if we got to see a few new faces I'd have something to look forward to.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10