PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It seems odd that three props and no backrowers have been named on the bench unless Aloiai (or Paseka?) is to be used in backrow rotation. If there is no rain, it is likely to be a fast high scoring game, in which case, selecting Boyle serves no purpose. Sipley, with his offload is a much better attacking option, plus he played well in his last outing for Blacktown. Will there be smoke & mirrors before game time? It's hardly worth speculating - we'll learn soon enough at 5pm Friday :)

Last edited:
We can beat the Dragons if DCE plays a simple game with composure and leads by example. I'd be telling him to keep it simple and just give Suli early ball, support any break and give yourself plenty of time to kick.

Then we just need the middle forwards to show up with the same intent as last week - that's where we beat the Dragons who have an average pack.
LOL. Remember the display he put on down there in the Barrett years ? It was atrocious, and given the crap he has dished up the first two rounds this year I don't expect he is capable of the basic simple halfback plays anymore. I hope he has a blinder, God knows he is due, and we need it, but I won't be holding my breath.

i back it and hope he sticks with them

Does anyone here really think another player in our squad would have done better in the Chooks flogging and flooding weather v rabbitohs?

Chopped and changed all year last year. Its not like Harper is some hidden gem with international player potential being overlooked... keep it consistent I say.
Consistently bad? Why disrupt the centre position when we know that Dylan will move there anyway when Tom gets back? So we have two positions weakened rather than one. I just don't agree with that logic.

I also believe Harper would have done better. Even if he did just as well, I am pretty sure Dylan would have done better in the centres than what has happened there in the first two rounds.

I have a feeling Des will make multiple shuffles just prior to the match.

Looking from another angle is perhaps even worse....Garrick, Boyle, Croker would be on the bench of reserve grade at Storm, Rooster, Penrith....but get this, I reckon Olakau' Atu would likely be in any of the top sides Top 17 and killing it.
Funnily enough Boyle is the type of player that would improve a lot at the Storm and be a solid bench player!

Why, he has played plenty of backrow coming through
If that’s the case then good to go. I thought he was largely a 6 and not aware of edge forward status. He went ok last week I guess. As a young guy I think the preference to bring him in in his position would be more ideal than in the forwards tho. Either way it’s good he’s there as the wraps are plenty in him.

Is anyone on here expecting us to beat Illawarra at the 'Gong this Friday night?
Not me. We couldn't even beat them there when we had a decent team.
I find it so disheartening to read our team sheet. It's the same failures being picked.
At least if we got to see a few new faces I'd have something to look forward to.
I’m holding out hope that the drags win last week will perhaps lull them into sone complacency. I have zero confidence tho. How he has selected Walker at FB as literally our last line of defense is beyond me. Another two dropped bombs this week can lose us a game.

Funnily enough Boyle is the type of player that would improve a lot at the Storm and be a solid bench player!
Imagine the player Melbourne would make out of Olakau' Atu who doesn't get a go or Schuster....as for Boyle, I reckon they would have Sipley in before Boyle him and would add more impact

Imagine the player Melbourne would make out of Olakau' Atu who doesn't get a go or Schuster....as for Boyle, I reckon they would have Sipley in before Boyle him and would add more impact

Top to bottom The Storm hold each other to account, and don't accept or tolerate failure in the slightest. Des has the team thinking they can serve up absolute crap and get picked week after week.

That's the difference.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8