PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hook has the right game plan watching last week after bad first round . Looked fit direct and fast.
whether they have the roster to capitalise is doubtful but they should put us away down there. I’d back Manly at brookie.

Yes that’s the difference. I reckon we’d get our first win at hone but down there VERY doubtful.

Daniel Ala is another young centre that looked ok in the trial. Played on the right and was a handful in the 10 mins he was on. I guess he is flegg, not ball or NSW cup?

Daniel Ala is another young centre that looked ok in the trial. Played on the right and was a handful in the 10 mins he was on. I guess he is flegg, not ball or NSW cup?
yeah i was impressed with him. Good speed and size. Probably behind Koula and Koula has no chance of making the side..

I had a look at the betting odds and the bookmakers basically have it a 50/50 game..that really shocked me. Dragons are a 1 point favourite. Honestly thought they would have them around a 6 point favourite. We don't know how to win and even if the game is close i cant see us getting the victory.

Dylan has lost his speed by the looks of him, too much pizza maybe
you see him sprinting full pelt back to catch the ball on the full a couple times?

Had extreme speed and was karmichael hunt-esque play (one of the only fullbacks i've ever seen run full pelt at the opposition, all shapes and sizes)

the grit and determination like that is why I still have a lot more faith in dylan than half our other backline. Bloke is trying his guts out in what was two extreeemely tough matches - undergunned against the best team in the comp
wet weather (extreme) footy - no makeshift fullback is going to play well in those conditions.

Did you see latrell when he first played fullback as a younger kid at chooks? Hands like feet. It takes adjusting especially in the wet

We are outsiders in this game. They are our bogey team especially at the gong and if we are to be any chance we must address our obvious weaknesses.

For me this is a game where Manly must go back to 101 basics, completions, resets and tighten our ruck. It is a winnable game for us if we do these things!

I am pretty convinced that Parker will be moved to second row with Walker to centre and Harper to fullback. Schu on the bench. It won't surprise me to see the team named differently, but Des will shuffle things at the last moment.

I am hoping that Garrick has been dropped. It is time, and I sense that even Des is about ready to pull the trigger and bring in Tuipulotu (I'd love to see Koula, but he'll want size over speed I suspect).

Anyone have any bold predictions about what we will see at 4:30? @Snake anything to tip?

We need speed in our backline...

does anyone else think our backs are running too flat, they never seem to get early ball and have no time. Could also be **** service as well
We are too flat and dont run onto the ball. Watching the roosters game, their backs all start deep then run onto the ball. Keary was able to run quite a distance and show the ball out in front. he made a lot of breaks, but when they went out the back to teddy or their centres they were all timing their runs perfectly and catching the ball at speed. They have an unreal backline. Some of their early tries in the wet were pretty good.

We are outsiders in this game. They are our bogey team especially at the gong and if we are to be any chance we must address our obvious weaknesses.

For me this is a game where Manly must go back to 101 basics, completions, resets and tighten our ruck. It is a winnable game for us if we do these things!

I think the plan from here on is let’s get the very basics right ( you’ve mentioned those areas above ).

A dropped ball will happen.

A ball pushed out in a tough hit will happen.

Heads do NOT need to go down when this happens as it happens to the other side as well ( yes even the good ones).

But just work on the basics , getting our sets completed with a reasonable outcome at the end and hopefully some with excellent outcomes.

Tighten down the ruck area , not allowing easy metres up the middle.

Put pressure on their kicks.

Try’s will be scored against us , it’s the nature of the game, but let’s not give them another easy one straight after !!

Defend like there’s no tomorrow, trust your next player , do your job together not individually.

Flashy attacking ......Mmmmm that can come but let’s get the basics right first.

Interesting Schuster starting and 3 props on the bench.

Surely Parker or Schuster hit the bench and tuipolotu/harper go in at centre?

And the Ghost who Walks still at fullback!!
i back it and hope he sticks with them

Does anyone here really think another player in our squad would have done better in the Chooks flogging and flooding weather v rabbitohs?

Chopped and changed all year last year. Its not like Harper is some hidden gem with international player potential being overlooked... keep it consistent I say.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10