PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Cowboys v Manly [Round 11, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I saw enough of the cowboys last week to think they are going to trouble us more than some think and more than the squeels last week.
Not sure on their changes from last week but we better turn up with a red hot AFB ready to rip in and lead the way.
Im with you but i still think we will get them.. im expecting JT to have a massive game its upto our boys to limit him aa much as they can. They're back line is pretty **** and they have a new kid playing 6. I havent seen him play nrl anyways. Im tipping manly by 6. Afb will be a massive inclusion he will be raring to go

Im with you but i still think we will get them.. im expecting JT to have a massive game its upto our boys to limit him aa much as they can. They're back line is pretty **** and they have a new kid playing 6. I havent seen him play nrl anyways. Im tipping manly by 6. Afb will be a massive inclusion he will be raring to go
Agreed I think we will get them but not by much hoping AFB cancels out JT. Both will be massive
If we can build pressure they will crack from mid second half.

Good on you Bearfax for still ripping in and congrats on some Top results....

There's a woman at the same gym called Suzie. She only stands less than 160 cms and probably 55 kgs wringing wet. She battles away on the weights, the rowing machine, etc and leaves some of the younger people gasping. And she's 88 years old. Makes me feel embarrassed. A conversation with her lasts a half hour at minimum and none of its boring. A smart, young thinking, lovely natured woman to boot. One of those women who got a degree after resuming her education in her 60s and then becoming a lecturer. Wish I'd known her 50 years ago. Her response to that is 'If you knew Suzie like I know Suzie...'

Have you tried having psyllium husk of a morning mate? I highly recommend it in your meal plan, for me I started using it 18 months ago. Helps the digestive system big time, knock on effects for myself body fat loss and helped cure the horrible heart burn issues I have had for 30 years.

Thanks. I'll give it a look. Any thing to make me regular.

There's a woman at the same gym called Suzie. She only stands less than 160 cms and probably 55 kgs wringing wet. She battles away on the weights, the rowing machine, etc and leaves some of the younger people gasping. And she's 88 years old. Makes me feel embarrassed. A conversation with her lasts a half hour at minimum and none of its boring. A smart, young thinking, lovely natured woman to boot. One of those women who got a degree after resuming her education in her 60s and then becoming a lecturer. Wish I'd known her 50 years ago. Her response to that is 'If you knew Suzie like I know Suzie...'
invite her to a game bearfax

The trouble is we are just as likely to lose this one then turn up and beat the Panthers!!

I don’t know why we are like this but we have been for some time.
Could not agree more , this game worries me , we should win and win well but we cant seem to nail it when we should .
Our big losses have hurt us and we need to get out of the hole or it will drag us down at the end of the year.
We have to learn how to win without Turbo , the team has the ability for sure , we just need to turn up with the right attitude week in week out .
OH , on a brighter note , very happy to see George has learnt how to catch and play the ball this year .

Must agree with recent posts. Cowboys almost beat Panthers away from home. We travel up there. No way this is a walk in the park. Forget F/A. I will be just happy for the win.
Most definitely not a walk in the park , let’s not also forget it’s about a 10 hour day just to get there to play , and another 10 to get home , on anyone’s language that’s tough going.

I think we’ll win but there won’t be much in it.

Shut down JT and Hess...Maguire has a go and Molo a few good carries each half....but really they lack impact off the bench also.
The 5/8 Asi is actually very sharp and will be a great player in time, but as a rookie if the Manly forwards aim up....should be easy to contain.
Their main attack besides JT, will be winning field position and cross field kicks for Feldt who CAN still leap and need wing protection and kick pressure to minimise this factor.
In truth, if Manly come out hard as they did vs Eels, should not have too much to worry about....just Manly in games (Expected) to win in recent seasons, have often turned out pretty sad...

Most definitely not a walk in the park , let’s not also forget it’s about a 10 hour day just to get there to play , and another 10 to get home , on anyone’s language that’s tough going.

I think we’ll win but there won’t be much in it.
Hey Mark, is it really 10 hours each way? Thought the flight was around 3 hours?

Shut down JT and Hess...Maguire has a go and Molo a few good carries each half....but really they lack impact off the bench also.
The 5/8 Asi is actually very sharp and will be a great player in time, but as a rookie if the Manly forwards aim up....should be easy to contain.
Their main attack besides JT, will be winning field position and cross field kicks for Feldt who CAN still leap and need wing protection and kick pressure to minimise this factor.
In truth, if Manly come out hard as they did vs Eels, should not have too much to worry about....just Manly in games (Expected) to win in recent seasons, have often turned out pretty sad...
I’ll not be surprised if we lose this one and win the next , it’s how we roll!!

Hey Mark, is it really 10 hours each way? Thought the flight was around 3 hours?

The flight would be around 3 -4 hours , but then they’d all have to be picked up , meet at the training HQ, checked for temperatures etc etc , then busses to Bankstown , be there at least an hour before , arrive , transported to the ground , more checks , warm up etc etc , easily 10 hours.

The flight would be around 3 -4 hours , but then they’d all have to be picked up , meet at the training HQ, checked for temperatures etc etc , then busses to Bankstown , be there at least an hour before , arrive , transported to the ground , more checks , warm up etc etc , easily 10 hours.
That's nuts, knew the travel was gonna play a part but had no idea how bad it was. 10hrs travel is enough to make anyone lethargic.

People predicting 20+ point win here are really kidding and scare me. We aren't that sort of team. We play arm wrestles no matter who. The Cows will be pumped and it's just the sort if game we always fuk up. If our forwards play up tempo with offloads we win but I fear they'll try to take easy options, play extravagant and screw it up. I'll say Manly by 6 but with no confidence.

People predicting 20+ point win here are really kidding and scare me. We aren't that sort of team. We play arm wrestles no matter who. The Cows will be pumped and it's just the sort if game we always fuk up. If our forwards play up tempo with offloads we win but I fear they'll try to take easy options, play extravagant and screw it up. I'll say Manly by 6 but with no confidence.

If it helps...I tipped Manly 80+...?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10