PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Cowboys v Manly [Round 11, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Extra extra read all about it!

- Manly win but Trent steals all our players for 'unders' to go play for the mighty bulldogs even before he's named head coach!

- Young woman forced to sit on rothfool's lap contracts 15 std's, becomes an alcoholic, starts lying all the time, and can't string two sentences sentences together. Is immediately made editor of the daily fib-o-graph.

- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is in an ironic twist, a name for a fear of long words.

Anyway.....

We play the cowboys. Will AFB get his exemption (hope so).
Not a long turn around for either team.

Friday, July 24 Cowboys vs Sea Eagles – Queensland Country Bank Stadium 6:00pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now this is the type of game that screams ambush. If this side is legit we need to aim up and put in a similar performance to the first 40 v Parra. If we do we should account for them no problem. I’m confident we win this well.
Manly 28 Cowboys 10

Right now this is the type of game that screams ambush. If this side is legit we need to aim up and put in a similar performance to the first 40 v Parra. If we do we should account for them no problem. I’m confident we win this well.
Manly 28 Cowboys 10
The trouble is we are just as likely to lose this one then turn up and beat the Panthers!!

I don’t know why we are like this but we have been for some time.

The trouble is we are just as likely to lose this one then turn up and beat the Panthers!!

I don’t know why we are like this but we have been for some time.
Yep for sure. I said the same thing in another thread too. It’s a really important game imo if we are serious about having a go this year. We need to win the games we are expected to and challenge the better teams too. Right now aside frm the dogs game we are not performing against teams we should be - and that includes the Broncs win.

Yep for sure. I said the same thing in another thread too. It’s a really important game imo if we are serious about having a go this year. We need to win the games we are expected to and challenge the better teams too. Right now aside frm the dogs game we are not performing against teams we should be - and that includes the Broncs win.
And we desperately need a big win as most of the teams above us are getting these

And we desperately need a big win as most of the teams above us are getting these
Yep our f/a is at the point now that we need to have the extra win it’s that bad. Fortunately late in the season we play teams where we have a good chance at improving this (dogs, warriors, titans, cows this week). On sat I knew we would win in the 2nd but the slow leaking of pts was a bit frustrating tbh.

It is a real danger game for us, Cowpokes will be emotional after the coach leaves. Manly need to pace themelve during this game as we cannot afford to be running on empty like we have the last two games with 15 to go.

An inexperienced and under-strength North Queensland already looking to the future welcome a battle-hardened and equally injury-hit Manly side determined to stay in finals contention.

The Cowboys, now led by interim coach Josh Hannay and with a likely line-up featuring around 50 per cent of players with less than 30 NRL games to their name, host a Sea Eagles squad guided by premiership-winning mentor Des Hasler and featuring half-a-dozen NRL centurians including playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans and the bulk of their starting pack.

That old coach change making teams win is a bit of an old wives tale...in fact statistically is not close to being right.....in truth the teams that come out hard and physical can belt teams who are in this frazzled state...if Manly are serious with the addition of AFB and on the back of the Eels win, it's a great opportunity to make a statement here.....I reckon a 26 - 16 win is on, but would love to see a big score put on, but happy to simply get the 2 points here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8