PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My guess is Haumole, Keppie, Sipley just haven't aimed up in pre season. I was unimpressed with Keppie last year, he seemed to struggle. If they aren't fit enough then the question is why. It falls on the strength and conditioning trainers then. Has the new speed of game passed by these people by.

1) yes that’s what I gather too
2) and possibly , the game is so fast now .

View attachment 17212I ran some numbers, I took the season average supercoach points from each player. I don't know how much everyone else reads into this but one thing I understand from this is we need a substantial improvement in performance (or equal drop from the rorters) from the average performance we got from these guys last year to have any chance. And I know it was just a trial but I didn't see that improvement against the tigpies, looked very similar to last years performance level to me.
Nice job, Ned. Supports what I suspected all along: we'll be strong in the halves, weak everywhere else (with the notable exception of Jake, who covers a multitude of sins in the middle of the field). I know we've given the backs a hiding, but we've really been missing impact from edge forwards. These guys need to step it up a level. Or three.

Funa is there for when Parker trips over and knocks himself out... you know it makes sense.
With Daft Punks recent split after 28 years, surely Manly should go after both helmets for Parker (for home and away games).

54AF0321-784F-4C0D-9D64-7AB37E07341A.jpeg

You’d think by some of the comments that the world was ending.

We are all geniuses behind our keyboards but in reality we have zero knowledge of what’s happening at training or in the lead up to selections.

Let’s see how we go first of all.

I don’t expect a win but I do hope for a fight to the end !!
I’m just hoping for no serious injuries. I do not want to see the letters A C L, anywhere near our team.
(Christ, talk about putting a hex on someone! :eek:).

Here's how I see the first 5 min. Either...
1. We kickoff. JAAAKE ,Tackle 2 set restart holding down. JAAAKE, Tackle 3 set restart offside. JAAAKE Tackle 1 set restart offside , try rorters. OR
2. They kickoff. 5 tackles no set restarts even though they're holding down, hands on ball, back 7 meters and tackles around the head. We kick downfield, JAAAAKE tackle 2 set restart holding, JAAAKE set restart tackle 4 offside, JAAAAKE tackle 2 set restart holding, try rorters.

My guess is Haumole, Keppie, Sipley just haven't aimed up in pre season. I was unimpressed with Keppie last year, he seemed to struggle. If they aren't fit enough then the question is why. It falls on the strength and conditioning trainers then. Has the new speed of game passed by these people by.

Yep. To start a strong club culture you have to reward training hard. For memory Boyle was rewarded for training well last season as well. He may be a good trainer and guy to have around and deserves a shot to get his career going if that is the case. At the very least it sends a clear message of whats expected to the young guys. You can have all the ability in the world but if you don't work hard than it won't amount to much. (this is why I laugh when I see the Suuali's running around - they can just as easily get the big contract and bring the club down through not filling their potential or just being full of themselves and destroying the culture because everyone has always told them how good they are).

Blacktown team looks pretty week but I guess you still have Toff, Keppie, Harper and Schuster or Funa to drop in which should beef it up.

What is the thoughts behind not having Burbo for example playing reserves?

Is it to ease them along with their age? Part of the deal with Blacktown to only use so manly Manly guys or just not considered ready?

You would think players like Burbo and Fainu woukd definitely benfit from playing reserve grade

Blacktown team looks pretty week but I guess you still have Toff, Keppie, Harper and Schuster or Funa to drop in which should beef it up.

What is the thoughts behind not having Burbo for example playing reserves?

Is it to ease them along with their age? Part of the deal with Blacktown to only use so manly Manly guys or just not considered ready?

You would think players like Burbo and Fainu woukd definitely benfit from playing reserve grade
Can we watch this on the net somewhere ?

Yep. This year will prove it. Father time has caught up with Donny and Des. They think it's back to the future, but are stuck in 2011.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6