PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blacktown team looks pretty week but I guess you still have Toff, Keppie, Harper and Schuster or Funa to drop in which should beef it up.

What is the thoughts behind not having Burbo for example playing reserves?

Is it to ease them along with their age? Part of the deal with Blacktown to only use so manly Manly guys or just not considered ready?

You would think players like Burbo and Fainu woukd definitely benfit from playing reserve grade
With Burbo and Fainu, I imagine they will stage their progression especially considering the trial was his first game since pre-Covid. Give them a few games in Flegg to get some match fitness and confidence, then into reggies and by mid-to late season they could be ready for a FG debut. I know Schuster is the same age and playing reggies, but he is a class above both at this stage.

I am looking forward to seeing Saab play. I am not expecting much from a guy who has only played a handful of FG, but he does represent hope!

The good news is we will have Dylan Walker, DCE, Foz, Marty and Jake on the field at the same time. There is experience, talent and leadership scattered around there (walker maybe not so much leadership but sometimes he shows a little).

And with that there is hope.

Especially with some new players with points to prove and some speed on our wings (but must admit for garrick it’s only when he’s in the clear that we’ll see it).

The good news is we will have Dylan Walker, DCE, Foz, Marty and Jake on the field at the same time. There is experience, talent and leadership scattered around there (walker maybe not so much leadership but sometimes he shows a little).

Especially with some new players with points to prove and some speed on our wings (but must admit for garrick it’s only when he’s in the clear that we’ll see it).

Yes Harry we have to have hope and we have to be a little patient in 2021.

I for one won’t be losing my **** if we lose on Saturday, I expect that.

It’s going to take a few weeks for combinations to build.

All is OK there will be no lasting damage. The match day sponsor is
Match day Sponsor.jpg

Dear Des

Our spirits are down and our winless starved Manly community are going though winless withdrawals and we need a winning dose against the Roosters as much as a heroin addict needs another dose of heroin .

We need a win and I do not care how we do it even if means our players must carry samurai swords to cut the roosters to pieces this Saturday

Winning means everything to our proud club and our proud Manly people

WE NEED A WIN ROUND ONE AND MAKE OUR WAY TO NUMBER ONE AGAIN !!!

LETS DO IT !!!
I don’t know Bozo, I work with a lot of heroin addicts and I’m not prepared to go to the lengths they are to get a hit if it means getting a win. I’d like a win yes but selling my body for it might be going a bit far. Lol

One option to cover for Croker needing a rest at some or whatever stage could be for D C E to play some time at 9 and particularly when the game may be a bit more open , Foz to 7 , Walker to 6 and Funa at the back , Not much difference for Foz :s style of play , Walker can easily slot into a 6 role , D C E has shown at origin level that he can effective play as a 9 if required . Not saying for any extended time as D C E is the established half of course but just when Croker needs a rest , D C E , Foz and Walker pushing up when the play and ruck area again may be more open . Think it was maybe mentioned previously and maybe a bit light heartedly for D C E to be the main 9 but just with the present team make up ,just on an intermittent basis . Anyway maybe Des already has this in mind and to give a bit of uncertainty for Rooster "s coaching plans , Irrespective , surely not the most unreasonable option to consider .

One option to cover for Croker needing a rest at some or whatever stage could be for D C E to play some time at 9 and particularly when the game may be a bit more open , Foz to 7 , Walker to 6 and Funa at the back , Not much difference for Foz :s style of play , Walker can easily slot into a 6 role , D C E has shown at origin level that he can effective play as a 9 if required . Not saying for any extended time as D C E is the established half of course but just when Croker needs a rest , D C E , Foz and Walker pushing up when the play and ruck area again may be more open . Think it was maybe mentioned previously and maybe a bit light heartedly for D C E to be the main 9 but just with the present team make up ,just on an intermittent basis . Anyway maybe Des already has this in mind and to give a bit of uncertainty for Rooster "s coaching plans , Irrespective , surely not the most unreasonable option to consider .

That could work , but I’m equally concerned about Foran getting through 80 minutes.

There's a problem with speed on the wings. Brad Parker, and Moses Suli have to get the ball to them, or Curtis Sironen, and Jack Gosi. None of these players are considered pace players, OR great movers of the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8