PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes Harry we have to have hope and we have to be a little patient in 2021.

I for one won’t be losing my **** if we lose on Saturday, I expect that.

It’s going to take a few weeks for combinations to build.
Time is especially needed given our opening few rounds. Best case scenario is we cause a few upsets early and with some of the players we do have I think that is always (at least) in the realm of possibility.

There's a problem with speed on the wings. Brad Parker, and Moses Suli have to get the ball to them, or Curtis Sironen, and Jack Gosi. None of these players are considered pace players, OR great movers of the ball.
Yeah a lot of distribution is down to the halves and Walker for rd 1. Parker doesn’t go too bad but pretty average.

Hopefully with a strong halves pairing of dce and foz the likes of Suli and Parker can get early ball (as they rarely ever got any good ball last season). All we need is players like suli getting space and him/parker making inroads.

If the improved halves combination can buy our centres more time we might see our backline re-develop their passing skills again. That’s the key imo, almost as important as our dummy half being ok.

Rattle Keary early so they send more ball to Lam, who's nerves will hopefully get the better of him under such scrutiny (think Roosters treatment of Flanagan last season). Their outside backs cant do much if they don't get the ball.
They have some decent forwards, but their bench isn't the most intimidating its been in the past.
I'm not saying this game is a sure thing, but it isn't as outside the realm of possibility that most fans and 'experts' are tipping.

Late Mail: Des Hasler may make a late switch for Manly with Morgan Harper touted as a potential fullback option. That could in turn move Dylan Walker to the centres and see Brad Parker drop out. Hooker Lachlan Croker has overcome a hamstring injury.

Late Mail: Des Hasler may make a late switch for Manly with Morgan Harper touted as a potential fullback option. That could in turn move Dylan Walker to the centres and see Brad Parker drop out. Hooker Lachlan Croker has overcome a hamstring injury.
I like it. Particularly because the centres should get early ball now that we have Foran. Walker at centre is way more threatening than Parker. Young Harper was solid at fb in the trial.

I reckon Schuster will replace Funa on the bench if that is the case.

Harper
Garrick
Walker
Suli
Saab
Foran
DCE

4/4 would be amazing... 3/4 is .excellent.. 2/4 is a pass... 1/4 is terrible (particularly if it is a soft win against dragqueens)...

0/4 is about 25 pages added to the SACK DES HASLER thread...

Yeah I have a different opinion given that we are playing 3 real “ contenders “ in the first month.

With no Fainu & Tom our chances of beating title favourites, Rorters , Bunnies and Panfers is extremely slim.

So for me,

0/4 fail
1/4 pass
2/4 fantastic
3/4 unbelievable
4/4 ****ing orgasmic

I like it. Particularly because the centres should get early ball now that we have Foran. Walker at centre is way more threatening than Parker. Young Harper was solid at fb in the trial.

I reckon Schuster will replace Funa on the bench if that is the case.

Harper
Garrick
Walker
Suli
Saab
Foran
DCE
I'd be happy with this.

With no Fainu & Tom
With no Fainu & Tom

You know I’ve finally figured what has me so pissed off at the club this year and it’s this. They knew there’d be no Fainu. They knew the court case wasn’t scheduled til July and could go three weeks. They knew the season would be all but done by then and they knew that even with an innocent verdict that he would have zero match fitness. And they did nothing so we’re left with another season of no decent nine. It is, quite frankly, extreme negligence.

Rattle Keary early so they send more ball to Lam, who's nerves will hopefully get the better of him under such scrutiny (think Roosters treatment of Flanagan last season). Their outside backs cant do much if they don't get the ball.
They have some decent forwards, but their bench isn't the most intimidating its been in the past.
I'm not saying this game is a sure thing, but it isn't as outside the realm of possibility that most fans and 'experts' are tipping.
A well timed "accidental" head thump to the ground or knee will put paid to Keary.

Never saw a photo of him smiling on field. Every time he went out there it was serious business, people get hurt, no laughing matter.

[hey GE I never would have thought to quote myself until I saw you made it a thing] :giggle:

Absolute weapon.

Had the pleasure of having him on one side of me and Igor on the other at a Men of League function in Brisbane in 2008.

Helped that the MOL lady knew I was a mad Manly fan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8