PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Bulldogs v Manly [Round 18, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Miski for Jorge
Croaker/cust for schuster
Haumole for Waddell

Metcalf / Docker Clay to bench?
I'm really not liking *2020 season
Screenshot_20200908-175306.png

Last edited:
Miski for Jorge
Haumole for Waddell

I would like to see anderson in for jorge
Medcalfe for schuster
Okalauatu for thompson
Cust to 14
But it will look like this
Funa
Miski
Harper
Parker
Hopoate
Cust or walker if fit
Dce
Afb
Levi
Taupau
Jetski
Sironen
Trbojevic
Crocker if cust plays..cust if walker plays
Paseka
Keppie
Waddell

I know this won't happen so just to say that from the start but if walker cust are back this week this is what I would do.

Firstly bring back turbo a week early, cust to 6 funa to wing and walker to centre and drop Parker.

As I said I know this won't happen, tom being over cautious for starters.

Funa, miski, harper , parker, hoppa backline this week is so depressing to see what our backline may be this weekend.

If that happens @Mark from Brisbane it would be historical for all the wrong reasons.

9 straight losses would be the most the club has ever had.. so far it is at 8.

So sad.
I’m sure if Tommy comes back that’ll lift the team and it may not happen but if he doesn’t I just can’t see where we’ll score enough points to beat any of the remaining three.

Anyway we shall see , 3 weekends to go

Miski for Jorge
Haumole for Waddell

My immediate reaction to Schuster injured was "Damn - what a Shocker"
This was then followed by - Ok - nothing to lose...can we give Metcalfe a run...I mean not expecting as a saviour but let's give the kid a go in the halves, or even off the bench....at least be exciting to see some extra spark/speed out there and we could all be pleasantly surprised or at worst...it doesn't work out...it's an opportunity to see what he brings against a Foranless Dogs side that have their own struggles.
I did see this also by a fellow Silvertail in another thread and there will be some for it, some against it....but nothing to lose and more to gain at this stage I reckon...

Tbh right now I really don’t care who they put out there I just want to see them win a game of footy. And as bad as we are we should beat the dogs. Sorry but the schuster out has been the final nail in the coffin of my motivation to stay interested these last few games.

Can we just get through the next 3 weeks without any 3+ month injuries FFS. Not even thinking about scorelines or wins. It's down to limit injuries.

If Walker is back I would play him at centre. If Tommy is back fullback for sure.

I would leave Schuster at five eighth and put Cust at hooker sharing with Levi.

Bring in Oka for Waddell

For the record my team.

Tommy/Funa
Young Hoppa
Walker/Harper
Parker
Miski or Anderson
Schuster
DCE
Jake Turbo
Sirro
Oka
Marty
Cust
AFB

Subs
Levi
Paseka
Jetski
Waddell

If Walker is back I would play him at centre. If Tommy is back fullback for sure.

I would leave Schuster at five eighth and put Cust at hooker sharing with Levi.

Bring in Oka for Waddell

For the record my team.

Tommy/Funa
Young Hoppa
Walker/Harper
Parker
Miski or Anderson
Schuster
DCE
Jake Turbo
Sirro
Oka
Marty
Cust
AFB

Subs
Levi
Paseka
Jetski
Waddell
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately Schuster is off the list for 2020

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately Schuster is off the list for 2020
This truly is the season from hell for us. As soon as we get a glimpse of a promising young player he gets an injury like that.

I really hope in 2021 as we are likely to still be under the cosh from this pandemic that the NRL ensures that the minor grades get played so that fringe players get some match fitness, its a tall order to ask anyone to come in cold at the back end of the season!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4