PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Bulldogs v Manly [Round 18, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are the Dogs confidence and form sky high ?
Their form line is no worse than ours of late - may even be a bit better as they could have won a couple of games (so could we I suppose). Anyway Foran is a big loss for them so I'm hopeful that we can get the win, despite having an atrocious record at ANZ over the last few years.

I reckon could rip them through that middle enough to give Cust and DCE some great opportunities, just can't let in 34 points and expect to win footy games....keep them under 18 and will win.
Agreed our fowards are much better but it comes down to effort and our effort in the second half is always terrible

Agreed our fowards are much better but it comes down to effort and our effort in the second half is always terrible
Think we may even lead at Stages but dumb footy decisions will cost us again.

not letting the dogs score right Before half time would be a good start.

would love this
1 metcalf
2 hopoate
3 funa
4 harper
5 parker
6 cust
7 dce
8 afb
9 levi
10 paseka
11 olaka'atu
12 siro
13 jake

14 miski
15 burbo
16 marty
17 keppie

Hope you are right but those few Ins for the dogs worry me and us as a team completely losing the will or know how to win think we are up against it on Friday night.

i would not be against us winning big but just can’t see it happening.
True. Dog's will also have motivation to avoid the spoon which won't help us. Hoping with Foran out, Thier attack is a bit off.

True. Dog's will also have motivation to avoid the spoon which won't help us. Hoping with Foran out, Thier attack is a bit off.
It’s the one game they will turn up for all season plus the Des factor of Des playing the dogs at anz stadium does not fill me with any confidence at all.

I put a dollar on us to make the Grand Final today ... paying $501 over here in Auckland. It’s actually not mathematically impossible. The sharks will lose their last 3... we just need to win all 3. Hopefully the Sharks get smashed a couple of times, and you never know. It won’t happen, but you gotta be in to win haha. I also put $3 on us to make the 8 haha

Last edited:
Their form line is no worse than ours of late - may even be a bit better as they could have won a couple of games (so could we I suppose). Anyway Foran is a big loss for them so I'm hopeful that we can get the win, despite having an atrocious record at ANZ over the last few years.
Agree, they've been at least having a go.

I put a dollar on us to make the Grand Final today ... paying $501 over here in Auckland. It’s actually not mathematically impossible. The sharks will lose their last 3... we just need to win all 3. Hopefully the Sharks get smashed a couple of times, and you never know. It won’t happen, but you gotta be in to win haha. I also put $3 on us to make the 8 haha
You should have given that dollar to charity. And I’m not even joking.

As bad as we have been going lately, I’d be surprised if we lose to the Bulldogs this week. They are totally crappola at finishing off a game. If they had real motivation to avoid finishing last then they would have tried harder against the Titans last week, the Warriors a fortnight earlier or against the Broncos even earlier in the season which was clearly going to be a battle to avoid the spoon despite a fair bit of the season still to be played

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6