Poor Dylan Walker!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As happy as I was for him that he got selected for NSW, the honest truth is that Dylan Walker should never have been in that team and definitely not in the role (whatever it was supposed to be) that Daley had him there for. Quite frankly his form for Manly simply has not been good enough to warrant selection. His best game of the year by a country mile was against the Sharks when he played centre, the rest of the time he's been like a fish out of water in the halves.

I still maintain that the only 2016 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagle who deserved NSW selection was and still is Jake Trbojevic.

Now, would I blame Dylan for NSW losing last night? Hell no. That game was lost in the 70 minutes prior to him getting off the bench because the Blues had nothing....absolutely nothing in attack. And when he came on it wasn't for any reason that Daley had been saying all week (dummy half).....he replaced a back rower and no one, least of all Dylan, knew where the hell he was supposed to be playing out there or what he was supposed to be doing. In fact, it looked like he was thrown in by Daley as a last ditch attempt to at least come up with something, anything.

This was down to Laurie Daley and most likely Bob Fulton. Unfortunately Daley as a coach is kinda like NSW's version of Fatty. Somehow managed to win his first series as a coach but after that actually proved out of his depth.

20k less poor Dylan Walker.. Would anyone else have gotten more minutes? Jack Bird would have gotten the same.. Cartwright may have got more.

There will be changes.

Josh Reynolds would have been better, he actually looks around and picks his play. Walks just expects open space to run into :cool:

Walker must be kept out of a play making role, as his only strategy is to milk a penalty :mad:

One touch for one error. Solid. Surely cartwright will come onto the bench for game two.
no he had at least two touches so 50% .... but really what was he going to do being thrown on in the last 10 when all his team mates were out of gas and ideas ... and replaces a second rower ... Daley needs to be replaced ... but by whom?

Was such a snooze fest! Only good period was when klemmer and fafita were on. I agree walker sniffing around catching his offloads would of been dangerous.

we had no x-factor. Cartright off the bench maybe?

Look at the qld side though, plenty of strike in their side but even they only managed 1 try. The defence was pretty good on both sides. Just a dull, slow, boring wrestle.

no he had at least two touches so 50% .... but really what was he going to do being thrown on in the last 10 when all his team mates were out of gas and ideas ... and replaces a second rower ... Daley needs to be replaced ... but by whom?
Must have missed the first one in all the excitement.

He made plenty of tackles. One set he made 4 in a row.

agree, whatever site is saying 0 tackles?? Use you eyes guys, know the game. He got stuck in with defence up the middle, he just couldn't seem to get into the plays to receive the ball, so yeah, what was the point of picking him.

As much as you can't blame Walker for only playing 10 minutes of the match, he could have injected himself more. There were a few sets there where he could have got into dummy half and helped the forwards out with a quick play-the-ball early in the set or stationed himself somewhere off a play maker. Instead he loitered around the backfield for 7 minutes and then decided to take a one out run off a slow ruck. I also noticed he sat back in defence and although he made a few tackles he wasn't lifting the line speed or trying to make a statement to his much fatigued team mates. As the freshest player on the field, to see Adam Reynolds charge past Walker to try and force an error from the opposition was embarrassing.

He stank last night.

Bozo's selections have been horrible, I wonder if he thinks we're still playing in the 90's. We have a team of under-performing talent and either the coaching staff or Bozo are to blame.

Was such a snooze fest! Only good period was when klemmer and fafita were on. I agree walker sniffing around catching his offloads would of been dangerous.

we had no x-factor. Cartright off the bench maybe?

Look at the qld side though, plenty of strike in their side but even they only managed 1 try. The defence was pretty good on both sides. Just a dull, slow, boring wrestle.
When Qld used dce and Bowen in the past as X factors, the coach put them on for the last 20 or 25 mins. Which gave then time to do something.

Instead he loitered around the backfield for 7 minutes and then decided to take a one out run off a slow ruck

It was like he had no idea what he was supposed to do. That's either poor listening from him or poor direction from the coach. You're put into the game late, fresh as a daisy, to provide some impact, get in there FFS and look for the ball.

That much possession in great field position - this is where Cartwright was a MUST select - no doubt imo, the skillset & ability to open up the defence would have got the Blue's home.

I thought Dylan's selection was a bit strange like everyone else. He's a centre! Stop trying to ruin him with too many positions!!

When I saw Dylan being used as a 2nd rower I thought that was a bit silly. A couple of dummy runs, six tackles, one hit up and that penalty all I could think of was "poor Dylan will be having an identity crisis! You're a centre and a great one!!!!" Plonking him in the middle with no room was always going to be a Sh!t idea.

Let's hope the lad bounces back from the idiots in charge. Put him at centre and watch him shine!!!!!!!!!

I never understand these selections.

Why pick a player you have no intention of using ?

For mine, Jennings is a wood duck. If Dugan's not fit, choose Walker.

No offence to Bozo (er, Bob Fulton 'The Immortal', not the Silvertails Bozo).....he lost me the day he signed Craig Field.

We should have stuck with Tooves and Cliffy and left Field to rot away with the Redfern Vermin. If he was going to sign a half for 1997 he could have at least tried to get Freddie Fittler who despite his lack of microphone skills was one hell of a footballer in his day.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7