Ponga wants 4 year 6million deal from Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can see it now.

Rugby will offer him HUGE $$$$ and the Turdburger will step in and grant the Knights about 3 million in cap relief to keep him.

Yep, it’s a fair and even game isn’t it??

There is no way Newcastle will pay this, and he and his manager know it. He is already contracted until the end of 2021 for 800k/ year. To pay him 6M from the end of this season until the end of 2023, they would effectively be paying him 4.4M for 2022 and 2023. Ludicrous!

He wants out, either to go to rugby for squillions or another NRL club for 1m+.

Look, he is a fast and elusive little bugger and has a nice long passing game, but he is a little spoilt **** and all the constant media praising has gone to his head. He scored a nice little try against us last week, but he failed to come up with the big plays when his troops were down. His correct worth based on current form would be around 30% higher than whatever Brendon Elliot is currently being payed.

Look, he is a fast and elusive little bugger and has a nice long passing game, but he is a little spoilt **** and all the constant media praising has gone to his head. He scored a nice little try against us last week, but he failed to come up with the big plays when his troops were down. His correct worth based on current form would be around 30% higher than whatever Brendon Elliot is currently being payed.

He is still young though , I think he’ll become a much better player with more experience.

All he has now is that he’s quick ( very) and hard to tackle as a result.

I ultimately believe he’ll be like Lockyer , move from fullback to 5/8.

Yes I know he failed in that this year BUT let’s not forget he’s young.

After playing a terrible game with the season on the line for the knights to be seen with a big smile on his face catching up with his mates in the opposing team you’d have to say Newcastle would be mad to sign him up for that sort of coin. If he’s truly a top player he should be dirty on himself after that effort. You wouldn’t see any of the great players carrying on like that after a poor personal performance, especially one where your team lost a crucial game

Pretty safe to say that if his manager goes into a meeting this weeks asking for 1.5 the response is going to be dour.

After playing a terrible game with the season on the line for the knights to be seen with a big smile on his face catching up with his mates in the opposing team you’d have to say Newcastle would be mad to sign him up for that sort of coin. If he’s truly a top player he should be dirty on himself after that effort. You wouldn’t see any of the great players carrying on like that after a poor personal performance, especially one where your team lost a crucial game
I hate that.

He is still very raw, got amazing talent and bravery, that tackle on Gutho last night was first class, certain try saver and by the looks of it he was injured too.

He is not worth that coin and I expect the Rah Rahs to throw buckets at him and his child hood goal was to play for All Blacks.

Salary cap parameters was supposed to prevent N R L clubs from imprudent spending and overpaying Ponga based on his current standing and still having guys like Peace and Klemmer on serious coin would set the Knights back in a big way in being a competitive club going forward . No other N R L club would be prepared to offer any where near that purported 1 , 5 mil deal so can not see how Newcastle can justify such a proposition .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7