Ponga wants 4 year 6million deal from Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arrogant little sod. Showed disrespect for Turbo when outplayed in round 1 and now displaying incredible greed mid contract. They signed him as a nobody for 600k a season and this is how he shows his gratitude. He’s really lifted them to great heights this season. Thank goodness the T’s don’t suffer from his mind set of self entitlement.

Agree, he belongs in rugby. Bye Ponga.:finger:

I wonder if he’ll be scorned in a similar fashion to how DCE was when he reneged on the Tits deal. Being a media and Queensland golden child, I very much doubt it.

Honestly he’s not far off the mark with that sort of money though. If Hunt is on $1.2 and Taylor on $1.1 then it sort of makes sense for $1.5.

He’s pretty talented and still pretty young. He will be a regular in rep teams for years.

In our game on the weekend he was the only player to have any impact apart from the Newcastle number 18 Henry Perineam.

He’s pretty talented and still pretty young. He will be a regular in rep teams for years.
I agree his value as a "prospect" is really high, but it appears he is "all about the money" and if he continues to show form it is only a matter of time until he is lured to union by even bigger ridiculous money.
I could be wrong but his money form is perpetuating.

I hope they let him go. The guy is getting some bad advice in my book. Does too much media for someone who is so early into his career, hasn’t achieved anything with the Knights and wants to literally double his salary when he was paid overs for a rookie with 2 NRL games under his belt when first signed.
Ponga gets on Fcxspot because Matt Johns is having wet dreams about him, his star is fading as other coaches work him out plus he is in a dud team.

My question is, why do we never hear about Roosters players who are unhappy with their salaries despite their measly contracts and stellar form?

Seriously the salary cap auditors must be wilfully ignorant. Maybe Uncle Nick is playing golf with them, too.

I agree his value as a "prospect" is really high, but it appears he is "all about the money" and if he continues to show form it is only a matter of time until he is lured to union by even bigger ridiculous money.
I could be wrong but his money form is perpetuating.
I guess the reality is he hasn’t really done anything of note. That’s not saying he won’t but at the moment he is getting smoked by Turbo and Tedesco in the fullback department.

Lets face facts....

Ponga is the Knights ONLY gun player. They'll probably pay him what he wants so they won't lose him.

Of course, that will mean that they can't afford probably more than one more decent player so ha ha to the Knights. They pay him what he wants and he will still be their only gun player.

But seriously.....Ponga hasn't won anything. He's not an Origin Series winner. He hasn't played test football and he certainly hasn't won a premiership and at Newcastle he isn't likely to. Yet he wants $1.5m per year??

4fda34da3bacd14f089f832cc2fe65d6dc98a0481fa042e88a0e459961e4cf03.jpg

I want $1.5 million a year too but my boss refuses to pay me more then $100,000.
Some of these player managers are a blight on the game and the players are just pawns in them feathering their own cap.
He needs to be told pull your head in and keep plugging away, keep playing rep footy and win or get close to winning a premiership and we will try for a million next contact.

He’s on circa 600k and they have him locked in until 2021. Option is in his favour for 2022 and he obviously won’t exercise that.

He wants 6M to take him to 2023.

So their options are pay 1.2M and let him go at the end of 2021, or pay 6M and keep him until 2023.

So they are asking for 4.8M for an extra 2 yrs.

It doesn’t work unless there’s an underlying threat of him walking out before his contract expires...

I wonder if he’ll be scorned in a similar fashion to how DCE was when he reneged on the Tits deal. Being a media and Queensland golden child, I very much doubt it.

Or the time DCE was on $150k and demanded an upgrade to his current contract by $350k.

maybe its his way of trying to free himself of the blunder of joining drugcastle

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10