Poll: Where do we all follow Manly from?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where do we all follow Manly from?

• Northern Beaches

Votes: 33 17.0%
  • South Surburban Sydney

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Western Sydney (West of Pacific Highway)

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Central Coast/North Shore

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • Country NSW

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Interstate

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • Overseas

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Central West NSW

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • RIverina

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • North Coast NSW

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
Born and bred North Narrabeen, now up on the Central Coast.
Born in Brisbane, grew up in the Parramatta area, old fella across the road said if I wanted to be his mate I'd better follow MANLY, that was in 1954 haven't looked back, just love the club they've given me more pleasure than anything else over a long and happy life, my son's first word, MANLY all my brood are proud SEA EAGLES, I've got eleven grandchildren and most of them are as well, I've led a happy life and MANLY have played a big role in it, I live in the Tumut area now but still travel to Brookie as often as I can, MANLY FOREVER.

I find this thread quite poignant (admittedly I've had a few drinks while watching Australia collapse to 9-119 in the 3rd test). What this thread proves is that this mighty club attracts a massive demographic of people of varied ages, up-bringings, gender, etc who happen to share a passion for a bunch of blokes who have been running around for 70 years representing a narrow coastal strip of Sydney. Despite the tyranny of distance, we're all pulling in the one direction for the mighty Manly Sea Eagles! Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

share a passion for a bunch of blokes who have been running around for 70 years representing a narrow coastal strip of Sydney .

That's what I love about the club and the area, for a peninsula as small as it is the Local tribalism of the place, the (us versus them) attitude.
I left the Northern Beaches in the 80's as a 17yo, but still very proud of where I come from.

Add in Newcastle/Hunter Valley. That's me. You'd be surprised how many fans up here.
A lot of Manly supporters in Newcastle. When I was younger the Knights were not around so most kids either went for Patra or St George.no one liked Manly so I felt someone should support them and 44 years later I still do and always will. Go Manly

Came out from Ireland when I was 13. Moved to Collaroy. My mates at school supported Manly and were keen surfers so I started doing both. Moved up the north coast and later Qld. Don't get to surf much these days but still supporting Manly 47 years later.

Leeds born, Wakefield bred & Castleford is home. Season ticket holder at the Tigers. Got into Manly through the Cas//Manly link with players.

Manly hospital 1968. Now living and working in tamworth nsw. I still head to brookie a few times a year and am addicted to the mws. My partner said "brad do you ever think of anything else" yep our 20s darling". Cheers lads.

2178 postcode....kemps creek....just down the other end of Mamre Rd from Sherdianstand78....

Western Suburbs here too.

Grew up in Merrylands in the 70's and 80's before moving to the Hills district (West Pennant Hills to Cherrybrook to Dural to Hornsby....sh*t I moved a lot) but now in a new suburb called Pemulwuy....West Greystanes).

Interesting to see poll stats. Some lucky enough to still be on the beaches. Many either grew up or spent some time there. Others with no connection to the beaches at all.
Common link seems to be that for whatever reason, once you're a Sea Eagle, through the constant club related stresses and the turmoil and the distances many have to travel to see the boys play, we continue to support the best rugby league team in the world.
Go Manly!

Northern Beaches all the way. Fourth or fifth generation, my family have been living in Fairlight / Manly area for >100 years .... I an now living Church Point.

Last edited:
Born at Cronulla where like most places - they hate Manly.....which only made my support stronger!!
Played soccer as a toddler but once introduced to rugby league by a Sunday arvo Rex Mossop commentated game about 1982-83 it was Manly vs Wests.
I loved the game - loved the Seaeagles & seen Mossop as a legend & have been 100% Manly from that day....just meant to be my team..... reinforced by Rex's outragous call & being a rebel, who liked taking the opposite team to everyone else - no regrets here - win - lose or draw.
Now live near Toowoomba Qld....pleasantly suprised at the amount of Manly fans up here!!

Last edited:
Born in Canterbury Hospital, have only stayed overnight once in Manly. any visits to Brookie (including last week) but currently living on the mid-north coast.

Brought up in Narrabri (Killer was born there but lived in Wee Waa), Grandparents had a place at Queenscliff. I stayed there on school hols and went to a few games at Brookie. Started following Manly the year before Bozo came up from Wollongong.
Now live in the Shire. The Sharkies supporters all think Manly stole their premiership!!

Grew up on the South Coast of NSW, started following Manly in the late 70's and never stopped. Have lived in various places in Sydney, mainly in Eastern Suburbs. Unfortunately now live in the Hills area.....too far from the ocean for my liking.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8