Poll: what will Foz and DCE do?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Foran & Cherry-Evans. Who will stay and who will go?

• Both will stay

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Both will go

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Foran will stay but Cherry will go

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Cherry will Stay but Foran will go

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
Keep in mind the Inglis talk leaving for Union as well. What are the odds of the NRL helping the premiers keep their best player by giving them cap relief? I like how the salary cap provides a level playing field.
they should give Canberra cap relief if anyone. no one wants to live there haha.

In all seriousness though they need it more than anyone else. not only is the area working against them but sticky could prob spend 3 salary caps and still coach a team to a bottom 8 finish.

I have voted they both stay, but ill admit that is looking at things glass half full.

To be honest the main thing is I want it all sorted so we can focus on what is most important, actually playing football (not this NRL soapy).

at the risk of revealing my years...
wasn't Manly forced to relinquish Wally Lewis many years ago because the NRL wanted him to front the newly admitted Brisbane team?
No it was a qrl rule implemented by Ron Mcauliffe who had some rule if they could match an offer they couldn't go. It cost us Gene Miles also.

When the Titans drug thing went down I thought that was it for their chances to get DCE. Now that the NRL has stepped in and taken over ownership I think we are screwed.

Dave Smith will be looking for a marquee player that they can build that club on and protect their interests moving forward. Who have they got there now ?? A glasser, a biter, a hallway ****ter, drunk driver and sundry snorters of white powder. Of course Smith is going to move heaven and earth to make sure they secure a squeaky clean marquee player like DCE that the club can build their future around. The playing field is no longer level and if DCE goes to the GC I'd be asking some serious questions about the role the NRL hierachy played in getting him there. Of course the whole process will be transparent and by the book, when you have guys like Greenburg and your own employee as the salary cap auditor. What else would one expect @:rolleyes:

Our only hope is that DCE wants to win a title in the next 3 years because that ain't going to happen at the Titans.

Keep in mind the Inglis talk leaving for Union as well. What are the odds of the NRL helping the premiers keep their best player by giving them cap relief? I like how the salary cap provides a level playing field.

@sharky Now you've stopped stirring the pot you are actually making some good sense, keep
it up!!

Just days before declaring themselves broke, the Titans reportedly offered DCE $3-Million for three years. How were they going to pay him?

He also stated it wasnt about money.

So why hasn't he signed?

He has had weeks now.

Foran made it pretty clear that he wanted to get back into the swing of things, get the preseason happening, and see how he feels about staying. You have to remember he only returned to training 5 weeks ago, due to the 4 nations.

He is torn emotionally, after last years fiasco. I can understand his position because I have been in different work places where the culture changes, the staff are turned over, and new management arrive. It can be quite a confusing time, and occasionally a sea change is what's required to reinvigorate the soul. In Foran's case, he has to weigh it all up because there is big $$$ and big lifestyle changes at stake.

He is a champion footballer, and by all accounts, a champion bloke, and I don't begrudge him the time to think things over because he is doing it with the utmost respect and integrity of our club.

I think DCE will stay only because his family is settled on the Northern Beaches!! I think Gavin Orr is manipulating Manly for their absolute best offer like he did last time!

If any of them go I think it'll be Foz but I don't think it'll be to the Dogs cos if he did want to play for Hasler he would've left when Hasler did by exacting the clause in his contract. As exciting as it would be to go to the Warriors and saddle up in the halves with his Kiwis halves partner Johnson, I think it'll be too much to relocate his young family, so I don't think it'll be to the Warriors!! The last option is Parra and I think if he was to go this is where he would choose! It's not too far from the Northern Beaches so he wouldn't have to pack up and move, Brad Arthur is a good coach and even though he was the assistant coach, he has played under his coaching and would be familiar with his style! And whether it's a factor or not cos I don't know how close they were, but Choc is also there so maybe another incentive!!

These 2 could've gone down as the best halve pairing in history and Manly legends.
Now it seems they'll just be mercenaries.
What a shame.

Foran made it pretty clear that he wanted to get back into the swing of things, get the preseason happening, and see how he feels about staying. You have to remember he only returned to training 5 weeks ago, due to the 4 nations.

He is torn emotionally, after last years fiasco. I can understand his position because I have been in different work places where the culture changes, the staff are turned over, and new management arrive. It can be quite a confusing time, and occasionally a sea change is what's required to reinvigorate the soul. In Foran's case, he has to weigh it all up because there is big $$$ and big lifestyle changes at stake.

He is a champion footballer, and by all accounts, a champion bloke, and I don't begrudge him the time to think things over because he is doing it with the utmost respect and integrity of our club.

The short answer is that it was about the money, there is a story today about money money money. He/his manager just lied to keep the fans/media away. Doing the same thing as DCE but less publicly. I think he is less likely to stay out of the 2.

For some reason Foran has seemed to have free ride with fans on this, probably because the DCE shenanigans were so ridiculous.One thing I will give DCE and especially Choc,they gave it a crack at the back end of last year in terms of effort.. Foran threw the baby out with bathwater 6 weeks out from season end and wasn't sighted .He is gone now so as we always do we will move on and find a way.

I can now see why Matai's contract was extended. We have plenty of money to spend if both half's are leaving.

My heart & hope says they stay BUT I'm a realist and firmly believe hey will both leave our great club. There actions speak louder than words. No denial from Foz re. yesterdays SMH story, DCE's public displays are not the actions of a player wanting to stay.

Did Cronk, Smith, Slater, Reynolds, Keary, Graham behave like this? NO! they did it quietly and quickly as they wanted to stay and play for their respective clubs.

Amazed that HappilyManly hasn't come on here to provide all the 'actual' timely information about what will happen. But then, the comp doesn't officially get underway until Thursday.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2