Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Where's Baz going?

*asking for a friend who wants to see how close you get**

*ok it's me
*Dragons assistant coach.

*may contain traces of bull crap, or educated guessing.

People on here are hating on Henry purely cos of his record. Remember the teams he has coached have mostly been cellar dwellars. I know Henry personally, He was my Sports coach way back in Canberra many years ago and I live on the GC now and watched him train at the titans many times. This guy is a hard ass, trust me. He makes you want to work hard, you know about if you don't. Im excited to see him coach with the talent we have in our squad. He needs the right assistants and staff with him along with a couple astute signings and we'll be a top 4 side

I thought the penns wanted to take the 'best for business' approach, yet they constantly let their stubbornness and personal grudges get in the way of Manly's solutions. I really hope they check the forum every now and then and see what manly fans really want, and know we need, cause they're walking a fine line down toward our extinction

People on here are hating on Henry purely cos of his record. Remember the teams he has coached have mostly been cellar dwellars. I know Henry personally, He was my Sports coach way back in Canberra many years ago and I live on the GC now and watched him train at the titans many times. This guy is a hard ass, trust me. He makes you want to work hard, you know about if you don't. Im excited to see him coach with the talent we have in our squad. He needs the right assistants and staff with him along with a couple astute signings and we'll be a top 4 side
No but his sides completely lacked mental strength.

I agree, actually think that if Des is not an option and Madge isn't then Henry is an excellent choice. I don't know why he is so poorly rated. The fact he told the Titans that he didn't want to sign a flash in the pan like Hayne says to me he knows his stuff. Hayne then proceeded to set them back years.

People are forgetting that it was Henry who cleared out the deadwood and set up the great roster that Paul Green walked into. Now Green is hardly setting the world alight after 2015.

He also came into a Titans side who many tipped would be booted from the comp due to extremely poor crowds and a poor performing football team. Took them from certain wooden spooners to a good football side. It wasn't until Hayne turned up and everything went sour.

Not my first pick but I think we shouldn't threaten to throw our toys (and memberships) out of the cot. He is a Dally M coach of the year with a history of rebuilding teams FFS.

G'day all,Does it really matter who the next coach is? It would appear that Fultons pervasive influence still rules the roost and it's his way or the highway as we all know.Kind of funny really as we bag Gould for being unable keep his nose out of proceedings with regards to coaching,yet it seems we are afflicted with a similar problem.Can't help but agree with Toovey when he said Penn has been poorly advised,and as far as i'm concerned,until we say thanks Bob for your service we will just continue on the same merry go round.
For the record i'm not particularly fazed who our next coach is because it won't be who most of us want it to be,i just hope they are allowed to get on with the job their way without having others meddling in it.
cheers mike

It is Henry but the part that the reporters are getting wrong is that Baz doesn't have a gig lined up...he does. It's not Penrith and it's not as a head coach just yet but it is a gig nonetheless.
What do they see in Henry that none of us do? Or is he just cheap?

I predict another two years of floundering around the bottom of the table with Henry as coach.
He might just finish the club off in its current form
Yep, you are 100% right. Another season like this and crowds will be even worse and it will give more justification to shift us.

Well with the owners now speaking anyone that keeps posting the Toovey or Ha$ler names are wasting their time.

If @Snake is on the money ( and he usually is) it’s Neil Henry.

I hope we can all get behind whomever it is and at least give him a chance.

I reckon anyone at least deserves that.
At least until the first loss.

Our assistant coaches keep getting first grade jobs, eg Brett Arthur and Andrew Seibold.

I’m not sure that Jack Cartwright is the answer though.

I agree, actually think that if Des is not an option and Madge isn't then Henry is an excellent choice. I don't know why he is so poorly rated. The fact he told the Titans that he didn't want to sign a flash in the pan like Hayne says to me he knows his stuff. Hayne then proceeded to set them back years.

I still say Hayne was signed more for the publicity, even if they did waste $1.2M on him. And I still say Hayne only signed with them because he was advised not to re-join the Worms at the time because of their salary cap BS (kinda like Pearce and Manly). And then as soon as the cap crap was done.....low and behold who does he immediately sign with?

Henry was right not to want him at the Titans, but I think the board saw potential sponsorship $$$$ if they had Hayne on board.

Give Neil Henry a talented team and while I'm not saying he'd win a premiership, he would definitely have them a lot higher than 14th with 2 rounds to go.

I hope it's Henry. Who's not getting excited for next year:-!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just imagine what stuff ups the Penn will make with the announcement that Neil someone is coach.

Zorba whats his name this bloke Neil Who? Henry? I thought you said his name was Neil? No Neil Henry. **** off Zorba is his name Neil or is his name ****en Henry, which one is it? **** off its Neil Henry, Scott! Don't you **** with me Zorba, I'll put weight loss pills in your ****en tea? Now whats his name? Zorba waddles off to find the free pies.

Under his breath Scotty whispers, ****en Neil, ****en Henry, ****en Scott. How many ****en heads does this new coach ****en have. ****en where is Zorba.

Insert fake cheesy grin.

Everybody Welcome the new coach of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Neil Henry Scott.

Enough of Manly being a really bad comedy

2V would #makemanlygreatagain
I dont know much about Henry . I looked up some positives
Henry was Dally M coach of the year in 2008 and was a finalist in 2011
Was also the assistant QLD state of origin coach to big Mal in the reigning QLD years
He stood up to the million dollar markee player Hayne when he was coaching the Titans which may mean he is not a soft cock
He is an upgrade from rookie / sookie Barrett . Any one would be .

Could be interesting if Henry is appointed because at the time(Hayne issue aside) it was reported that Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey had issues with him and were more than happy to see him go. Now that we have signed Elgey it will be interesting to see how that relationship plays out if he comes on board.

Could be interesting if Henry is appointed because at the time(Hayne issue aside) it was reported that Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey had issues with him and were more than happy to see him go. Now that we have signed Elgey it will be interesting to see how that relationship plays out if he comes on board.

I’d be surprised if LG didn’t already know and may in fact have been the reason he did sign!!

I agree mate. Neil is a good guy but a hard ass and won’t be stood over by players looking for an easy ride. Was coach of the year in 2008 and nearly got it in 16 until injuries hampered him
late. Elgey did his ACL before a ball kicked that year after a good 2015.That Titans side made the eight with a roster not even close to Barrett’s boys.
With our roster he could do a good job. His sides defend well and we have points in us. Like to see him get a go.

And most importantly he is experienced and has a calm professional demeanour. Yiu wont see those embarrassing Barrett press conferences from Neil and calmness is something missing big time at our club.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8