Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Argh feck it! I'll coach the bastards. I'll coach 'em good too!!

I have demands however. I'll need @Woodsie , @Harvies elbow , @globaleagle , @Moondog , @HoldenV8 and @Shoe1 as assistants. (more to be added as the year goes on) OR, I'll bloody quit! I'm warning ya's now...don't test me, Penn!!!

@nightster , you will be my recreation coach. I said mine...stuff the team!!

Bring on 2019!!!

Leave the keys to your office on your desk, Trent. I'll be down after Chrissy. No...not the office trainee. Just quitely........does Chrissy still work there????

Doesn't matter! Here's up ya's in the new year!!!
And I'll work for free .....free beer.

Argh feck it! I'll coach the bastards. I'll coach 'em good too!!

I have demands however. I'll need @Woodsie , @Harvies elbow , @globaleagle , @Moondog , @HoldenV8 and @Shoe1 as assistants. (more to be added as the year goes on) OR, I'll bloody quit! I'm warning ya's now...don't test me, Penn!!!

@nightster , you will be my recreation coach. I said mine...stuff the team!!

Bring on 2019!!!

Leave the keys to your office on your desk, Trent. I'll be down after Chrissy. No...not the office trainee. Just quitely........does Chrissy still work there????

Doesn't matter! Here's up ya's in the new year!!!

I'm in Mozzie .... and I have your back ..

.. any of these other fair weather coaches give you any Shiite I'll make an appointment for them with @yokahontas for re-education ..

PSS ... I am also learning to speak New Zealand cuz .. and well titch um ta luk duvistated uf wi lusse ...

I'm in Mozzie .... and I have your back ..

.. any of these other fair weather coaches give you any Shiite I'll make an appointment for them with @yokahontas for re-education ..

PSS ... I am also learning to speak New Zealand cuz .. and well titch um ta luk duvistated uf wi lusse ...

Lol...we were staying at the same hotel as the New Zealand team in Argentina. Had a 10 minute conversation with them one morning in fluent Kiwi, I didn’t slip up once @:D

Err.... I have a request about some travel expenses, possibly?

Oh....G'day mate! Sorry for the slow reply. (I expect immediate responses at all times) I've just finished cleaning the sheds and gym...Scott wants his car washed next and I haven't even put the bins out yet! Hey....I'm missing a couple of chairs and the rental mob are up me for them...any ideas on they might be?? Bloody Bennett thinks it's hard being a coach. The only thing he doesn't have is a BBQ. Weak prick!

Man...this coaching is harder than I thought, which shouldn't be surprising...considering how little thought I put into it. Sorry mate...what did you want again??

Ah yes...travel expenses. Hmmm..I ummmm, yeah well...you see...there's not a lot of cash around and..........argh stuff it!

You're fired! No?? Then I quit! Feck it all!!!

Sorry....I didn't mean that...I'm just really, really tired.....:(

Well Madge was just on the Matty Johns Show answering his potential coaching jobs.

'Resources are not the priority, the people at all levels of the Organization are'

'Everyone needs to be on the same page working for the same goal'

He didn't say no to Manly, but sounded like a no to the Riff and a preference to the Broncs

Out of all the ex NRL players who live on the northern Beaches, for giggles who would you choose?

Ivan cleary
Ryan Girdler
Matty John's
Greg Alexander
*edit Fittler
Anyone else?

Brandy would make a good coach I reckon, but his involvement with penrith wouldnt allow it.

Last edited:
Out of all the ex NRL players who live on the northern Beaches, for giggles who would you choose?

Ivan cleary
Ryan Girdler
Matty John's
Greg Alexander
Anyone else?

Brandy would make a good coach I reckon, but his involvement with penrith wouldnt allow it.
Geoff Toovey or Des Hasler but NOT Cartwright

SACK CARTWRIGHT!

Ivan cleary
Ryan Girdler
Matty John's
Greg Alexander
Anyone else?

Brad Fitler.

Ivan cleary
Ryan Girdler
Matty John's
Greg Alexander
*edit Fittler
Anyone else?

Johns

(I wouldn’t choose him, just correcting the apostrophe)

How important are Manly ties for next Sea Eagles coach?

There’s a dark horse about to emerge in the race to the Manly coaching job.

Wakefield coach Chris Chester is held in high esteem in England, regarded as the best ‘budget’ coach in the game over there.

And he has an ace up his sleeve - former Manly skipper Michael Monaghan.

Monaghan moved from Catalans to Wakefield this year as Chester’s assistant and the pair have formed a formidable partnership.

Monaghan is held in high esteem at Manly, having led the club in fine style in the 2000s and having an intimate knowledge of the club and its junior systems.

Despite having one of the smallest budgets in Super League, Chester and Monaghan have been punching above their weight and kept the Wildcats right out of the relegation zone.

They haven’t applied for the job - but could get a call from the Sea Eagles very soon.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...gal-action/1ksd8dhmn865u1uwqkxi2iagat/slide/3

Maybe we should send Spud over there to kidnap him and bring him here.

Of course..."kidnap" is a strong word. Lets just call it a "surprise adoption".

NRL Tonight Brent Reed talked to Madge today and reckons he is interested in Manly.

Madge likes our core roster, is not fussed about decore and would be comfortable managing Manly whilst everyone else is in the US :nod:

Interesting :happy:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/08/28...ing-up-manly-sea-eagles-coaching-job-the-mole

Only the Mole, but gives me hope that he hasn't completely put a pen through our club.

Former South Sydney premiership-winning coach Michael Maguire weighing up Manly job: The Mole
By The Mole
an hour ago

Madge the man for Manly?

Former Souths coach Michael Maguire is seriously considering taking on the challenge of sorting out the Manly mess in 2019.

John Cartwright remains the favourite for the Sea Eagles job - but the club has made contact with Maguire and he is currently weighing up whether he wants to take on one of the toughest jobs in the NRL.

Manly have been a disaster this season on and off the field - and there are real questions about the leadership of the club.

Maguire has to decide whether he wants to take on that challenge or wait for a stronger club.

Those close to me tell me he sees Manly as a real challenge - and that the only way to go after such a horrible year is up.

The former Souths coach is the best currently unemployed coach on the market and could get the most out of what is a fair Manly roster.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8